Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retired
May 16, 2006
iPhone and Leopard Delayed?

Here is the Engadget article :(

I wander what this means for the UK iPhone release date...

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
"blah blah blah good authority blah blah blah"

Until I hear something more concrete, "I have it on good authority" doesn't mean anything. I have it "on good authority" the sky will fall this afternoon. Pff.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Ouch. Still, I was going to wait for the first rev of Leopard anyhow. I guess, by definition, that has been pushed back too. So iLife 07 becomes iLife 08. :rolleyes:

I hope that the fact they're taking so long means that 10.5.0 will be stable :)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iPhone and Leopard Delayed?

I'm cautious to post this, as there has been no other verification, but Engadget claims that both the iPhone and Leopard have been delayed. According to the gadget site:
This one doesn't bode well for Mac fans and the iPhone-hopeful: we have it on authority that as of today, the iPhone launch is being pushed back from June to... October (!), and Leopard is again seeing a delay, this time being pushed all the way back to January. Of 2008.
Engadget only states "we have it on authority" and no other source is given.

In the past, Engadget has been very liberal about linking almost any Apple rumor found on the internet, but they rarely post Apple rumors based on their own sources. That being said, the last time they did (October 2006), they were wrong. However, due to Engadget's popularity and confidence in this report, this has been posted on Page 1 rather than Page 2.

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
Not true probably, Apple will release iPhone at all cost.

This is probably just Apple setup to find a source of the leaks ;)

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Honestly I don't buy it until there is more concrete evidence.

The only justification for an iPhone delay is if they are adding 3G to it or something.

Leopard delayed til January makes no sense.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Leopard was only delayed a few weeks ago on April 12th. That's only a month ago.

The iPhone launch was confirmed even more recently, during Apple's earnings conference call.

Did both of those things change so quickly? This rumor is highly suspect.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
i doubt apple would delay leopard again so closely on the heels of the last delay. They would have just delayed it till Jan 08 in the first place.

Meanwhile, ATT is ramping up for the phone launch, they wouldnt be doing so if a delay was imminent.

Sounds like someone is trying to get apple stock price down!

Mydel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2006
Sometimes here mostly there
Engadget is pretty reliable usually, but Im not so sure about those news. What could be the reason for this kind of major setback?? Anyone any ideas. But if it proves itself a real deal Aplle would be in troubles...

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
There's no way, especially considering all the work being done by ATT to promote this thing now when people ask in stores. It's going to be released in June...the only thing that could prevent this is if the FCC found something they didn't like. They've got to already be producing since it comes out in a month.

This almost sounds like it came from Dvorak.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I'd much rather a couple months delay than a rushed product. I wonder what the setback is though. An iPhone delay is actually a good thing for me- I'll have more extra cash by then. :)

ejsavage

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2007
The kingdom of Nye
Honestly I don't buy it until there is more concrete evidence.

The only justification for an iPhone delay is if they are adding 3G to it or something.

Leopard delayed til January makes no sense.

And that is what was said when the rumors of a push back to October came out . I say that it's not true but however I do not think it would be out of the question. I have always said that if the IPhone was pushed back again that Leopard would get a push also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.