Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
And a $200 deductible and a limit of two claims within any consecutive 12 months.

Also, seriously? Switch providers bc the theft insurance is a few bucks cheaper? :rolleyes:

After seeing this:

"Originally Posted by willmtaylor View Post
Well, you could POSSIBLY be out the full $650 IF lost/stolen without the insurance.
or
You could DEFINITELY be out the $264 if NOT lost stolen, and you paid for insurance for 24 months.
or
You could DEFINITELY be out $400-$465 if lost/stolen w/insurance during the 2nd year of ownership.

What's worth it to you?"

You gave the impression of frugalness.

Also, ATT has a declining deductible and I actually only know one person who has needed to file MORE than two claims in 12 months. Most people probably don't even file 1 in 12, or even 24, months.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Nothing on the title of this thread suggests it's a Sprint only question, it just so happens that the OP has Sprint as a provider.

With that being said, I too have AT&T mobility insurance @ $6.99/month. I thought about Applecare but unfortunately they don't offer loss / theft protection + warranty.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Where on the title of this thread does it say Sprint? Go ahead I'll wait. Then after you do that go read my comment. I'll go ahead and wait for that too.

Oh, I'm sorry. You didn't say that you are one of those guys that immediately replies to forums to only hear his own voice after only reading the title but doesn't bother with the OP or reading through the thread.

My apologies. Carry on.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Really depends how many accidents you have. With AppleCare you are only covered for 2 accidental damages with a $79+tax deductible. Mobile insurance covers 2 per year, but $199 deductible.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Oh, I'm sorry. You didn't say that you are one of those guys that immediately replies to forums to only hear his own voice after only reading the title but doesn't bother with the OP or reading through the thread.

My apologies. Carry on.

Not only are you wrong on all points, but you lack in reading comprehension as well. And based on all YOUR specific comments to this thread, you're just looking to pick a straw man argument, ironic considering your signature.

Maybe you should tell OP to change the title of this thread to Sprint only so you can sleep better tonight. smh. And FYI, Sprint sucks anywhere you go as far as coverage, now go cry somewhere about that too.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Not only are you wrong on all points, but you lack in reading comprehension as well. And based on all YOUR specific comments to this thread, you're just looking to pick a straw man argument, ironic considering your signature.

Maybe you should tell OP to change the title of this thread to Sprint only so you can sleep better tonight. smh. And FYI, Sprint sucks anywhere you go as far as coverage, now go cry somewhere about that too.

Haha. I was actually being helpful, while it was you who chimed in with completely irrelevant info. Perhaps I'm not the one with reading comprehension issues.

Title doesn't bother me; you were the one whining about it.

Why would I cry about Sprint? I've been a satisfied Verizon customer for years. I was simply helping out the thread starter. What exactly were you doing again? :rolleyes:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
And FYI, Sprint sucks anywhere you go as far as coverage…
I have to take issue with that. Only because I know people who use their Sprint unlimited as their ISP and routinely pull down over 150GB a month.

There are also plenty of Sprint users here on MR that are taking advantage of Spark and others that routinely see north of 25mbps down (not Spark, just vanilla LTE) and good coverage where they live.

It sucks in Phoenix, which is why I'm leaving in a few months, but not everywhere.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Former Sprint employee:

My personal recommendation would be to go with the Sprint TEP for 12 months then cancel it. After 12 months, the residual value of the handset * monthly charge compared to the deductible is not cost effective.

You are paying $150 (after taxes) for TEP for 12 months, but gaining loss protection at a higher deductible. If loss protection is important to you, it's not a horrible trade-off.

And here's a tip: Even if your phone is stolen, NEVER tell Asurion your phone is stolen. ALWAYS say its lost. If you tell them it's stolen, they will make you jump through hoops with faxing in police reports and details. Just don't do it.

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Really? Then that's changed. Thanks for that, I didn't know!

This was after activation though, not during the purchase process?

Correct, it is added at the time of activation. New lines of service it is done during the order process, upgrades it is offered when swapping phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.