Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
lol thanks it gets pretty easy once you have 5 people in your alliance all doing different things :p

Paul, look at our alliance forums (the elite, w2). I've manipulated [/quote] to make text bigger and smaller and to manipulate forum layout. I like it lol

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Paul it seems like every patch makes like 6 new bugs lol

On my account on World 7 (friekunater) I just lost 40.8mil coins and 7mil food. What happened?

thanks
friekunater

Phutty

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Paul it seems like every patch makes like 6 new bugs lol

On my account on World 7 (friekunater) I just lost 40.8mil coins and 7mil food. What happened?

thanks
friekunater

I'm trying to work out what happened there, at this time, it has only happened on three worlds, but I can't figure out why... needless to say, I'm on the case.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Paul I got a question... when you send spies to an enemy kingdom, do your spies kill their spies? if they had, say, 400spies but no troops defending, would your spies get killed or not?

congrats on the marriage btw, almost forgot!

Phutty

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Paul I got a question... when you send spies to an enemy kingdom, do your spies kill their spies? if they had, say, 400spies but no troops defending, would your spies get killed or not?

congrats on the marriage btw, almost forgot!

They will get killed if the enemy Kingdom has their own spies, yes.

i'll try this game out.hope it goes smoothly :)

Excellent - the servers are being upgraded this week, so things should get a LOT smoother!!

Paul

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
Yup, that's about the size of it.

paul, i know i always reference utopia but would it be possible to make the spies have a slightly more dark aspect: assasinations, disruptions of commerce, kidnappings of peassies, wizard killings etc.

sorry to keep comparing them but i love both

forbidmemory

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
if spies kill spies then when I get a spy report it never says that you've killed enemy spies. and when I get spied on, my spies never die.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
hey Paulio!
love "The Plan"!
I would buy a premium version no doubt! you should make it an iPhone 2.0 app!
but, I don't like the seasons and barns thing... never have enough food as is. maybe if u made troops eat less(?)

skinticket

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
hey, phutty, would you be interested in some 2d graphical work? ive been doing graphics for a while now and would be interested in helping out with this project. I just whipped this up in a couple minutes. I can mainly do interfaces.

kingdomgame.png

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
also, are you going to keep the NW calculations as they are now? I only have about 2000 NW and an army of about 4000 archers and about 3000 heavy cav. I don't think that means I should be ranked 600th; I think I'm pretty strong, but I still can't attack anyone even close to my range.

Phutty

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
hey Paulio!
love "The Plan"!
I would buy a premium version no doubt! you should make it an iPhone 2.0 app!
but, I don't like the seasons and barns thing... never have enough food as is. maybe if u made troops eat less(?)

We're going to scrap the barns... not sure on the seasons as yet.

also, are you going to keep the NW calculations as they are now? I only have about 2000 NW and an army of about 4000 archers and about 3000 heavy cav. I don't think that means I should be ranked 600th; I think I'm pretty strong, but I still can't attack anyone even close to my range.

We're looking into things, still.

fr33 loader

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
I think NW should be now solely based on kingdom acreage. Land is the most important resource in the game. Its a stable resource that can't be easily moved around thus preventing too much fluctuation in NW and would be hard to pass around in an alliance. Since you know that your the kingdom higher than you has a bigger land and does not necessarily represent a stronger armed forces, this would actually promote spying and attacking up instead of down. Its easier for everybody understand where NW is derived without elaborate computation worth of buildings and forces built and trained.

Of course there is always a downside. If an alliance gangs up on you and lose lots of land, it'll be real hard to recover and may actually frustrate some people and just give up. There will be less movement in the kingdom rankings and some people may find it boring and lose interest.

Or maybe you can implement this in the non-alliance server. I hope it comes out soon.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
I think there should be something like a "recently built" section that would tell you what has finished building since your last visit... I usually forget lol

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
im not sure if this is happening with anyone else, but whenever I switch worlds I have to retype my username and password. it remembers me when I tell it to and I log in and out of the same world, but not when I switch worlds. cookies are set to "enable always"

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
also, theres no way to disband diplomats (and priests and spies in the same situation, I assume) when your embassies are gone.

it would be cool if there was a KG Poll.
also, you should make KG an iPhone 2.0 app... well... make greg do it - ur too cool for that lol :cool:

Phutty

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
also, theres no way to disband diplomats (and priests and spies in the same situation, I assume) when your embassies are gone.

it would be cool if there was a KG Poll.
also, you should make KG an iPhone 2.0 app... well... make greg do it - ur too cool for that lol :cool:

I'll fix that up - and the native app is already being looked at.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
hey, think I found a glitch here...

there is a new member in my alliance and when he replied to my invite to say thanks, I noticed that the invite that "I" sent him said that the invite was from "someone other than myself".

so I asked "someone other than myself" and he said that when I invited him the invite didn't have my name on it either.

maybe the system thinks that if it has my name on it, people won't accept lol

Phutty

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
hey, think I found a glitch here...

there is a new member in my alliance and when he replied to my invite to say thanks, I noticed that the invite that "I" sent him said that the invite was from "someone other than myself".

so I asked "someone other than myself" and he said that when I invited him the invite didn't have my name on it either.

maybe the system thinks that if it has my name on it, people won't accept lol

It just resends the original invite again..

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Hey again Paul!

thanks so much, there has not been one lag since that last update, I have seen no lags or timeouts! love it!

how much did carousel checks give ya for all those ads?? :):)

and...
for updating the alliance page, there shouldn't be a limit on characters that you can post in it... I always have to erase stuff to put more on. I'll give you the error message here in next post

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.