iPhone HD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nitro1360, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Nitro1360 macrumors newbie

2. synagence macrumors 6502a

This one has done the rounds about 20 times .... old

3. funrush macrumors regular

iPhone 'HD' is not gonna happen. It's a cheap marketing trick to name your product 'HD', Apple knows that. Smaller icons will result in a worst user experience, not gonna happen. 5mp camera is to expensive, not gonna happen. Glowing home button, not gonna happen. They're going to buildt in a second low power notification screen that is on all the time. Metal enclosure? Not gonna happen, bad reception = bad user experience.

4. Nitro1360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I made it less than a day ago..

5. matttye macrumors 601

Sim free Nokia N95 with 5MP camera: £259.99
    Sim free iPhone 3G with 2MP camera: £599.99

What?

6. Nitro1360 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. funrush macrumors regular

Hahaha you're right.

iPhone 3g = alot of money.
    iPhone 3g + 5mp camera = even more money

Does that make sense?

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We think the same as we did about your last one: Can't happen.

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

good old apple screwing the little man lol

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

The new iPhone may output 720p (and possibly record it) but the screen itself will not change at all. Not only would it be a usability nightmare, it would mess up every single app.

11. matttye macrumors 601

Yes :D

..but with that said, the cost of components does come down. A 16GB iPhone would've cost a hell of a lot more than it does now if it had been released at the same time as the iPhone 4GB.

Apple hasn't refreshed the iPhone camera since the initial launch 2 years ago, they could probably fit a better camera in it now without adding a huge amount to the price.

12. funrush macrumors regular

That's true, they probably will update the camera but I guess it will by a 3.2mp.

THAT said, 5 or 3.2 megapixel doesn't mean anything it's just marketing slang. It has nothing to do with color, sharpness or noise in low-light conditions.

I really hope thay go for a quality camera instead of a (better selling) hi-res camera.

13. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I find the iPhone camera good enough all ready, i think the colours look superb on it and it never fails to take a good shot in a well lit area.

I think they should keep the colour and noise reduction the same, and maybe just upgrage it to 3mp.

I don't want a all singing all dancing camera in my phone, i have a SLR to take proper pictures, iPhone just for them snap moments.

14. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

A full metal body would mean terrible reception.

15. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I was thinking that Apply might maybe do an iPhone HD ...

but since Zune has unofficially "taken" the moniker HD, Apple will never touch it for the iPhone/Touch.

16. AuburnTigerr macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

I do like the idea of the active home button that changes colors. I'm not if I like it IN the actual home button, but I like the idea in general :)

17. diemos macrumors 6502

looks pretty good, i especially like the idea of home button changing colors for notifications.

I'm just waiting for any new iphone, i have to switch my old 1 gen.

18. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

If so, you need to work on the curving of the corners. They are not balanced (the same) which gives the iPhone a lopsided look.

I could see a higher resolution iPhone with 4 times the pixels (double resolution in both directions). That way existing apps would work in their native resolution using 4 pixels on the new screen as one pixel. New apps could take advantage a resolution increase.

I don't expect the screen to be much larger.

19. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

The case doesn't look that bad, still not something that catches my eye but its not bad. The icons are too small though, unless the screen is ignoramus...

20. aok1975 macrumors 6502

You my friend..are blind:D
    The camera sucks.

21. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, the sensor sucks.

22. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

And the lens is too small but I'm not sure what can be expected when Apple wants to keep everything slimmed down.

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Its a miracles as it is Apple is upping to 3.2MP...

24. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

What would make a screen ignorant?

25. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

To be honest I think the iPhone Magnet (V2) was the most plausible one so far (aside from the ridiculous name). The square camera lens is sort of out of place on the phone though, a round one would be far easier on the eye.
    The only other thing that would bother me is the home button changing colour. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great idea, but not an 'Apple idea'. Someone suggested the apple logo on the back glowing like on the MBP, which I feel would be the best implementation of your idea.

Good work though, its interesting to see what people think is going to happen in the future,