iPhone iOS 10.2 doesn't ring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macmesser, Jan 11, 2017.

1. macmesser macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 10.2. Recently it stopped ringing when I get a call. It vibrates as I have made that setting, but does not ring. I assumed someone inadvertently changed the settings and looked through all the settings but saw none that restored the set ringtone for incoming calls. Any help appreciated.

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

You've checked that the silent switch on the side of the device is not set to silent/vibrate (and perhaps tried changing it back and forth again)?

Have you tried changing the ringtone to something else perhaps, and making sure the ringer volume is up (and you are hearing the ringtone play when you are selecting it in settings)?

Also, have you tried restarting the phone?

3. SSAJ macrumors 6502

Maybe the speaker is damaged or the ringer is switched off

4. Mosaab Inc Suspended

Mosaab Inc

Run Settings app and go to sounds to adjust the volume of your ringtone
    Make sure you are not setting mute buttom to silent
    Restart your iphone you can power off your iphone and then turn on it this method may fix Iphone ringtone issue

I Recommend you to contact apple support (if this method doesn't work with you)

http://www.apple.com/contact/

5. macmesser thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was the switch. I had never used it before. It must have been knocked to "off" when I dropped it a few days ago. Thanks.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 12, 2017 ---
    Thanks for reply. That was it. Sound was working, which I should have mentioned.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 12, 2017 ---

Thanks for tips. I will keep suggestions in mind. Turned out that ringer had been inadvertently turned off.