Iphone Issue *Urgent*

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by onceonce, Jan 25, 2011.

1. onceonce macrumors newbie

My Iphone was either disabled or something, since it needs to be restored. I wanna first off say that this is not a stolen phone. I got it as a gift (36G) and Yes it mine. My point is It disabled. I think because of it being overheated since when I tried to check something It burned very much. I plugged my Iphone into the computer and once again Itunes says that I need to enter my passcode in the Iphone, but ICANT ! Any help please. I dont wanna throw this away since it a gift from my dad. Help ?

Info: IT says the IMEI: Unknown and ICCID: Unknown

2. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

3. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

the apple store? I cant even drive. No possible way I can tell my parent i broke my phone. THats the 3rd i broke :(
    Help?
    And It was jailbroken before !

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

Just stop stealing phones, problem solved.

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

First of all I'm sure is not broken or bricked, even if it was bricked it could be restored. It would be better to come foward and tell your parents to take the iPhone to a local Apple store.

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

...or just plug it into iTunes and restore it...put it into DFU mode. hold power/home button for 10 sec. then release power, but still hold home button...

7. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

He just said he didn't steal it. Why do you think that all teens are thieves?

8. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

WHy would I steal ? Ight, stop accusing people. ALright ima go try it. Wait wait. Would it reset everything, if i restore it ? I need all my contact and my jailbreak still there.

9. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried putting it in DFU mode. I held it for only about 6 seconds and it turn the screen off, not power, and i still conintue on but nothing else happens. I thought by letting the iphone do nothing for 2 days would work but I dont really know whats wrong, it already cooled down.

10. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

11. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

Funny....:(
    Really my iphone is in need of restore but Itunes need me to enter my passcode !

12. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

It sounds like you might not be doing the restore right. Go to YouTube and type in DFU mode for iPhone. There are a lot of detailed videos on how to restore your phone. As for iTunes asking for your password, I've never had to do that, so don't know what is going on there.

13. jacollins macrumors 6502a

My recollection is when you reinstall iTunes and sync the phone for the first time, if it has a passcode, it asks you for it before it will sync. Bit fuzzy on that. Not sure what happens if you put it in DFU mode though.

On another note, if you have a history of breaking phones, don't jailbreak unless it's on your dime and you're willing to take the loss. You're going to be screwed if you take it back to Apple.

14. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Bro,

Hold down the power button for two seconds...

Then press and hold the home button along with the power button for 15 seconds...

Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you're in DFU

15. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

This isnt my first time syncing the phone. It is my first time syncing when my dad fixed the computer ( i just got the computer back about 3 hours ago and I wanted to fix my phone NOW. ) Usually it recognize my phone when I put it in now it doesnt, why ?

16. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, Im doing it right, this isnt my first time putting an iphone into restore mode ( my first 3 iphone ) and now I dont get it, this 36GB is awfully confusing. I do it correctly but it seems to just turn the screen off completely without shutting the phone down.

17. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

It was jailbroken before already, I use T-mobile. I know, thats why I dont know what to do. Calling apple didnt help because of dont have a warranty on the phone.

18. Zac7, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

Zac7 macrumors 6502a

This very well could be the funniest thread on any forum I have ever read. 36GB is confusing? Haha ROTFLOL!!!!!!! Where did you get this 36GB? Why is it any different than a 27GB iPhone or even the very difficult 47GB version? I love you onceonce, you are a great writer. All your thoughts and entries made so much sense. Hahahahahahaha, absolutely hilarious, thanks for making my day. Oh, the title of the thread is great too, Urgent??, hahaha.

19. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhm... Then people must not take you serious, am i correct? if you cant take a thread serious. Make your day? Do you seriously have something better? I didnt come to get laughed. I came for help. I dont mean to be rude, Im just not in the mood. I dont mean 36Gb is confusing i got it down good, it just the technical problems are too hard. Im no expert or a smart guy. I just need some help so I can get this over with.

20. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I wasn't laughed at you I came to her for this to get me fixed for expert. I can't wait to get my 59GB iPhone and restore it. I wouldn't want the more confusing 36GB. I not smrt eithr guyy.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha your my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!1

21. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

There is no other way to put it into DFU...Sorry i can't help you.

I tried.

22. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I finally have it in recovery mode. It ask to restore and update. Updating will lose my jailbreak. Therefore I ask what is the latest jailbreak version for iphones? If it is up to date with itunes then where could I find it.

23. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

4.2.1 is latest version for non-developers.

Latest jailbreak i think is redsnow 0.9.6b6

Could be wrong on jailbreak though.

24. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

any possible way to get on a webpage thru the iphone and jailbreak it with just the iphone itself ? Also are any of these things harmful to the computer if we download its client, because my computer just got fixed about 4 hours ago from a harmful virus. So i dont want any other problems.

25. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Not unless you're on 4.1 at which time you could go to jailbreakme.com

Redsnow is not harmful. You will be fine downloading it from the dev team's website. Just do a google search... all this stuff you are asking is pasted all over the internet. You would get a much quicker reply by searching yourself.