Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
1. That should be "You're". Always best to check (or learn) punctuation before accusing others of looking dumb.

2. I don't think the OP is making himself look dumb; on the contrary, those categorically asserting (in four languages!) that there will not be a nano are only giving hostages to fortune. I look forward, like OP, to laughing my ass off come the new year. :)

I can say it in 4 more, would you like me to?

Don

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
1. That should be "You're". Always best to check (or learn) punctuation before accusing others of looking dumb.

2. I don't think the OP is making himself look dumb; on the contrary, those categorically asserting (in four languages!) that there will not be a nano are only giving hostages to fortune. I look forward, like OP, to laughing my ass off come the new year. :)

What are you and others going to be laughing at? :confused:

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
BUT! I highly doubt its something apple will do, NONE of the app-store apps would work, AND how the bloody hell would you type on it.

Hey! I want one as much as the next guy (i have made a few *****ty mockups) but I just don't see it happening.

It's the iPhone for anorexics, or will apple release a stylus for the iPhone Nano?

Don

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Exactly what I was trying to say! Guess it didnt get across as well as I hoped...

Sometimes people dismiss things a bit to rabidly. But I honestly see it happening. With the current iPhone lineup, it's way to pricey for it to really take off and crush the iPod.

I couldn't find a link, but didn't the MacRumors forum hate the iPod when it came out?

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
It's the iPhone for anorexics, or will apple release a stylus for the iPhone Nano?

Don

If the operating system was optimized as I and the OP said, the smaller size wouldn't matter, and you wouldn't need a stylus.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
If the operating system was optimized as I and the OP said, the smaller size wouldn't matter.

So with what you're suggesting, you would have to scroll to different parts of the keyboard. Either that or shrink it to the point that you would need a stylus.

Don

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
The possibility of Apple opening up the iTunes store to sell games that run on the AppleTV wouldn't be beyond belief. But that is getting off topic!

See there we go! Gaming is coming to AppleTV! It could happen!

Now just need to photoshop the interface and we have a multipage thread

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I agree with the OP... There are some very sensible reasons for Apple to release an iPhone Nano. That would allow them to tap the "feature phone" market which has huge potential, and compete with the Samsung Glyde, LG Dare, etc. The Nano could even come with a simple WAP browser, and perhaps its own app store.

Of course I'm not surprised by the blanket dismissals being posted in response to this idea. That's par for the course around here :rolleyes: Everyone is a freakin' expert. Oh well.

Hey, and just for the record, I'm not advocating a Nano because I want one. I don't. I'm quite happy with my 3G and fully utilize all its features. Now an iPhone Pro would make me drool. But a Nano is also good news because it shows Apple expanding its market share, which can only help my Apple stock :D

We'll find out for sure in a month. Should be interesting.

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
So with what you're suggesting, you would have to scroll to different parts of the keyboard. Either that or shrink it to the point that you would need a stylus.

Don

You don't understand. The OS will be set up so that you text in landscape. And since the OS is slimmed down, that's the only thing you need a keyboard for, since everything else (with the exception of contacts) would be managed from the Computer. Keep in mind what I said above, where all you have is Phone, SMS, and iPod.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
You don't understand. The OS will be set up so that you text in landscape. And since the OS is slimmed down, that's the only thing you need a keyboard for, since everything else (with the exception of contacts) would be managed from the Computer. Keep in mind what I said above, where all you have is Phone, SMS, and iPod.

It makes so much sense for the maker of the most innovative cell phone in history to make a dumbed down version of it for preteen wannabe divas, who text obscene pictures to there 10 year old "boyfriends".

Don

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
I agree with the OP... There are some very sensible reasons for Apple to release an iPhone Nano. That would allow them to tap the "feature phone" market which has huge potential, and compete with the Samsung Glyde, LG Dare, etc. The Nano could even come with a simple WAP browser, and perhaps its own app store.

Of course I'm not surprised by the blanket dismissals being posted in response to this idea. That's par for the course around here :rolleyes: Everyone is a freakin' expert. Oh well.

Hey, and just for the record, I'm not advocating a Nano because I want one. I don't. I'm quite happy with my 3G and fully utilize all its features. Now an iPhone Pro would make me drool. But a Nano is also good news because it shows Apple expanding its market share, which can only help my Apple stock :D

We'll find out for sure in a month. Should be interesting.

I doubt they would put in a WAP browser since they seem to be set on having the 'real' internet on your phone. And an app store for the nano would be pointless because it would mean developers would have to make an app twice.

BTW: I don't want one either, I already have an iPhone... I just think it would make sense to compete with other phones.

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
It makes so much sense for the maker of the most innovative cell phone in history to make a dumbed down version of it for preteen wannabe divas, who text obscene pictures to there 10 year old "boyfriends".

Don

The most innovative phone in history also doesn't compete with most phones due to the price. They are in two different markets IMHO.

And they wouldn't be able to text photos, since by the time this is released, MMS would only be available on the regular iPhone. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.