iPhone Nano

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xposd, Mar 14, 2011.

1. xposd macrumors newbie

xposd

Now with phone operators supporting personal hotspot maybe we will see the iPhone Nano, iPod nano 5th gen size and features no jog dial full front touchscreen, able to use basic iPhone apps. Maybe thats why they changed iPod Nano 6th gen shape, size.

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

No no no no no no no.

No.

/thread

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

What this guy said.

4. Annerz macrumors regular

I don't really think there should be an iPhone nano.

5. ozred macrumors 6502

6. xposd thread starter macrumors newbie

xposd

Not everybody wants an Expensive contract Smart Phone in this economy small cheap with excellent multimedia capability phone thats not too smart.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There's the iPod touch for that.

8. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

9. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

There is defiantly a gap in the market for a high quality, cheap smart phone with loads of apps. But if people keep paying big money for current iPhone, no company would decided to start charging people less.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Then buy a dumb phone and an iPod touch. The iPhone nano is a terrible idea.

11. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Putting aside your atrocious grammer that still makes no sense.

To use personal hotspot you need to buy a data package, the most expensive part of an iPhone. A 3GS can be had from AT&T for $49, but the data package costs at least $360 over a 2 year period, plus another $480 if you want to enable tethering (unless you JB of course).

Besides, no one wants a phone the size of an iPod nano; to be an iPhone it has to actually be usable as a phone.

12. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

While a cheaper non-contract iPhone might make sense, a smaller "nano" iPhone makes ZERO sense.

The draw of the iPhone is the apps, and for that you need a full sized screen and a quality processor.

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

if you can't afford an expensive contract, you have 2 options:

1. buy a PAYG phone + iPod
    2. buy the iPhone without a contract for $400-$500 (buy from craigslist/eBay)
    3. don't buy it. an iPhone is a luxury. i want a ferarri does that mean i should go bitch and cry telling them to make a "take down" version of their car?

"ya hi, can you guys build a ferarri for the less fortunate people, like myself. same style/build, but put in a crappy motor and watered down features. i don't care, i just want a ferarri cause it's cool"

do you see where i'm going? either way, you're going to spend roughly the same amount of money.

do you think an iPhone nano would solve your problems? do you really think Apple is going to release an iPhone nano and price it at $100 so people can afford it? sorry, i like Apple's products but that's not how that company works.

plus, a phone the size of an iPod nano? please please please get your head checked. i'll pay for any medical bills.

after this post, i hope you realize how stupid this idea is.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The iPhone is already considered "nano" when compared to all the other smart phones with 4+" screens. Why the hell would Apple go smaller?

..yeah, I know. No one asked for the new iPod Nano either, but there it is...

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Agreed.
    The iPhone nano wouldn't be able to do anything useful compared to the iPhone. Like honestly, the iPod Touch is the best route if you don't want to sign a contract. Same features without phone. Why take out features?

16. xposd thread starter macrumors newbie

xposd

Quality

I have an an iPhone 4 and a nokia 6500 Classic which i use for phone only not having to worry about battery life thats what i would replace with a nano phone some thing that maybe looks like this.

Attached Files:

17. xposd thread starter macrumors newbie

xposd

Wait for it my friend your the one thats gonna need your head checked.

18. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That looks horrible, imo (no offense) and how would that be any beneficial compared to the current one? Just buy another iPhone if you want one.

19. xposd thread starter macrumors newbie

xposd

Wi-FI For sync & Personal hotspot, Nano 5th gen specs 8/16 GB

Attached Files:

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, that looks awful.

21. xposd thread starter macrumors newbie

xposd

it may look awful now i bet if steve jobs was to present this and explained why it is the way it is, it would start looking good.

22. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

No, it would still look awful, and it would also be unusable.

Since you used the fifth gen body I assume you mean it would be the same size. That nano is 38.7mm wide. Even if the screen went from edge to edge, when it had 5 buttons across the bottom like that each button would be 7.74mm wide. My index finger is 14mm wide. Ergo, unusable.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No it wouldn't. No way would I ever buy such a hideous phone.

24. xposd thread starter macrumors newbie

xposd

£200-£250 would be a good price.

25. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's not even the complete point.
    Whats better about this iPhone nano compared to what we already have? It's just lacking features - which isn't a step forward.