Iphone OS 4 Beta 2 Bugs/Fixes/New Features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by James.123, Apr 20, 2010.

1. James.123 macrumors regular

Post everything you are finding on the new os 4 beta 2. It would be nice to have all the stuff on one thread. Say what devise you are using as well!
    Enjoy

2. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

New Feature:

Photos now has four sorting options along the bottom of the screen; Albums, Events, Faces, and Places.
    There is a new way to set Wallpaper in Settings->Wallpaper.

Bugs:

Screenshots do not save to camera roll.
    Photos seem to be sorted into Event albums named 101APPLE, 102APPLE, 103APPLE etc.

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Bug: App store prompts to connect to wifi when already connected to wifi.

4. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

The Wi-Fi issue is a big problem!

New Features: Mailboxes now have icons, and a new way to select wallpapers

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Already available in beta 1.

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Awesome new app switching animation when using the switcher. At least twice as quick as zoom out-zoom in.

7. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

8. Surrix macrumors regular

Bug: When sizing/moving a wallpaper, the default orientation is not centered, but instead 20% off screen.

9. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

I can do this in beta 1

10. Surrix macrumors regular

11. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

12. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I hope everyone is reporting these bugs to Apple!

13. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I need a phone that works so I put it on my 2nd gen iPod and I can report that it connected to my exchange 2003 server without a problem. Slingplayer works, albiet with purple bars on either side of the video, MLB At Bat works including live streaming game video, Pocket Tunes works and Missle Command works. Bluetooth audio works although the volume can be controlled from the headset OR the iPod....it was only via headset before. No problems with wifi that I've noticed. It doesn't seem to hit the battery harder than with 3.1.3, also. From what I read that fairly abysmal first beta, this one appears to be a magnitude better.

One nasty bug....I was watching a baseball game and turned off the bluetooth headset and the thing froze in it's tracks. Oops!

14. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I'm having trouble installing 4.0 beta 2.

iTunes keeps crashing :confused:

15. terraphantm macrumors 68040

you need to install the new sdk and restore to the firmware; upgrading doesn't work.

16. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

nope there was a bug in beta 1 which only showed albums, events and faces, I once had places showing but the photo app crashed when I clicked on it and I never seen it again but in beta 2 it's visible properly.

on my 3G I am still having issues accessing places.

BUG: not all images show on my lockscreen as wallpaper that would show on 3.1.3 and below and I have no homescreen wallpaper on 3G

17. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

18. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

ah okay. i think this is to prevent those people off the internet to pull these stunts, or the people on windows lol.

should have read the 'read me' file. my bad!

19. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I can start and stop play with my headset (Sony BT101) but the skip/repeat does nothing at all.

It also gives me the message "iTunes could not back up the iPod 'Lord & Masters iPod' because the iPod refused the request". Which is cool...I won't have to wait 20 minutes while it backs up stuff I could reinstall from scratch in less time. ;-)

Oh...and you do NOT need the beta SDK to install it. You just need to do a Restore, not an Update.

20. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this means your either a windows user or running OSX without the SDK installed :).... for windows there is a supposed fix for backups in the release notes, I use snow leopard with sdk so I don't need to worry on my windows pc

21. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Heh...well, I'm not installing an SDK that you can't use to submit apps.

I should probably be more of a Windows user than I am. The Windows SDK's....full Windows or WinMo, release or beta SDK....is a whole lot easier to deal with than the spit-n-rolling-papers stuff Apple's been putting out the past few years. :p

22. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this is my first dealings with apple's beta via a dev account and i agree the way they do this is stupid, I mean they don't issue an incremental update for the sdk they re-release the entire thing :rolleyes: 3gig download every two weeks (or you don't get to backup then restore from that backup) it would seem going by beta 1 and beta 2 and i just feel dumb founded (if thats the right spelling) at how apple managed to make the second beta more unstable than the first one lol I mean come on the first one had some proper issues going on but beta 2 takes the biscuit

23. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Can you set the home screen wallpaper on the iPhone 3G yet?

24. Surrix macrumors regular

Very true. I'd expect bugs in the new features of any beta release, but the new features seem to be working pretty well. I don't understand why old applications like the camera (and the clock alarms, for me) are having problems.

25. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Maybe because the software everybody is testing is coded for newer versions of the native applications that have yet to be announced? Just a thought.

I realize this would sort of defeat the purpose of beta testing but perhaps Apple is already aware of the compatibility issues and is doing in-house debugging for the new set.

Wishful thinking, I suppose.