Iphone SE, camera/power button rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GRANTCKING, Jul 25, 2016.

1. GRANTCKING macrumors regular

have had an se now for 7/8 days, love the phone apart from the rattle from the camera lens/power button, is it worth me exchanging this for another and trying again? it so annoying for me as its the perfect size and shape for my hands but if I cant get one without a rattle ill have to look elswhere, I see its a common issue, has anyone received an SE that doesn't rattle?

2. geesus macrumors regular

geesus

If my camera was rattling I'd be replacing it. The power button rattles a bit on all of them.

3. RedOrchestra Suspended

That's what can happen when a product gets cobbled together from the spare parts bin out back ... hey will this fit? ... ah, close enough.

4. Ternary macrumors regular

The rattling camera is normal, as that's your autofocus lens that needs to move around a bit. If you don't believe that's what it is though, I'd try getting a replacement.

The rattling power button, while unfortunate, happens to a large portion of iPhone SE's, including mine. Whether or not you should get a replacement depends on how many Apple Store visits you're willing to deal with.

5. geesus macrumors regular

geesus

My camera is definitely not making any noise. If I rest my finger on the power button, and shake, it is completely silent, so I'm not sure all the cameras rattle to be honest. The power button issue bothered me at first, but it seems to be getting lesser as the weeks go by, so maybe the dirt and dust getting in there dampens the effect somewhat?

Either way, the phone is perfect in every other way, so no way would I replace for that, as it seems a design issue rather than a QC one.

Edit - if the rattle was bad enough to be heard when filming video, I would also replace. I've read of people having this issue but fortunately not here.

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The power button on my SE rattles, and it doesn't really bother me. TBH, I would not even bother taking it to Apple unless it's somehow affecting the quality of the pictures you take with your phone.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-se-camera-rattle.1966534/

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...power-buttons-an-old-flaw-reinvented.1964922/

8. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

If I shake mine viciously and hold it by my ear, I can hear a faint rattling. IDK if that's what it's like for others or if it's even louder on some phones, but I don't even remember it's a thing until someone points it out and I intentionally do that again.

9. Sunny1990, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Finally got my iPhone SE in rose gold (tsmc chip)and it is perfect out of the box thank God!! No rattling no other issues other than scratching issue,dam it this thing gets scratched so easily and i already scratched it :mad:and after that quickly bought spigen slim armor and now the device looks bulky fantastic :D

10. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

The phone doesn't get scratched easily. You didn't take care of it well enough. My 5S is still scratch free.

11. Sunny1990, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Are you talking about a naked device :eek:,i think that is impossible

12. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Indeed. Talking about a naked device. I never put case on any of my phones. That just ruins the beauty.

13. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Can you please post your device pictures:)

14. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Lol. I'll post at some point. Don't have any right now.

15. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

:( just wanted to see how it looks after using naked

16. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Take my word for it. It's in pristine condition. Not a single scratch or ding or scuff. Anything. It looks new. I can't stand any of those on my phone.

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hard to be believe unless you have been treating it like a newborn. Close up images when you can.:p