Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yesterday marked the official launch date of the iPhone SE, with the device arriving to pre-order customers and becoming available for purchase in retail stores. Now that the new 4-inch iPhone is in the hands consumers, many MacRumors readers have been sharing their opinions on the iPhone SE in the forums.

iphoneseback-800x316.jpg

We've already seen reviews and first impressions of the 4-inch iPhone from media sites, but details and thoughts shared by actual customers are often more informative. We've rounded up some of the more interesting tidbits that our readers have shared, which can be seen below.

On the whole, reactions to the iPhone SE are positive among customers who have been awaiting a smaller 4-inch iPhone. PaladinGuy finds the 4-inch form factor to be more comfortable, but does miss the 3D Touch feature of the iPhone 6s.
It's WAY more comfortable in my hand to have 4" again, but I have to say that I keep trying to use 3D Touch for different things, and then remembering the SE doesn't have it. We'll see how big of a deal it is to me.
Many MacRumors readers who purchased the iPhone SE favor one handed operation over screen size, and with a 4-inch iPhone, the entire screen can be accessed with a thumb as Hal~9000 points out.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: iPhone SE First Impressions: Small Size is Perfect and Performance is Impressive but Power Button Rattles

Reactions: appledefenceforce

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
I briefly had a K11 bumper on my iPhone 6 where the bumper's buttons would rattle. I wouldn't find it unacceptable on my phone... kind of like how the padding on the FaceTime camera of my phone keeps sliding out in that grey crescent after each time I get it fixed. Simply unacceptable for a premium :apple: product.

Last edited:

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Given how easily the power button wore out on some iPhone 5 units, I'd say the rattling is probably the lesser of two evils. Still a little confusing, because the 5s seemed to have the exact same rattling issue...

imicca

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2013
Yerevan, London

Yesterday marked the official launch date of the iPhone SE, with the device arriving to pre-order customers and becoming available for purchase in retail stores. Now that the new 4-inch iPhone is in the hands consumers, many MacRumors readers have been sharing their opinions on the iPhone SE in the forums.

iphoneseback-800x316.jpg

We've already seen reviews and first impressions of the 4-inch iPhone from media sites, but details and thoughts shared by actual customers are often more informative. We've rounded up some of the more interesting tidbits that our readers have shared, which can be seen below.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: iPhone SE First Impressions: Small Size is Perfect and Performance is Impressive but Power Button Rattles

OK - picked up yesterday. Opened box -70%. I am VERY serious now, used all day, watched periscope stream on it for over an hour. A lot of app downloading and went off sleeping at 10%!!! Overnight lost 2%.
Charged using iPad charger - 0-100% in less than an hour. (Forgot actual minutes)
Blazing fast, very responsive. Did app test comparsions with 6S, some apps open faster some work slower than 6S but overall the same.
My advice - pick 64Gb rose gold as it looks very cool! And fresh. And distinctive.
- iMicca, the biggest Armenian Apple related YouTube channel

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
My 5S doesn't rattle ... so I hope my SE doesn't either. Tiny things like that would drive me batty.

Reactions: S G

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I have an iPhone 5, and now an iPhone SE. Never once noticed it rattles. Now, after shaking and holding it to my ear, it does faintly, but really... Is that an issue to even comment on?!

Reactions: You are the One
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.