iPhone SE will not delete texts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mmack08, Nov 21, 2016.

1. mmack08 macrumors newbie

I recently updated my iphone SE and now it seems to be keeping a count of all my sent and received imessages and texts...

It won't let me mark anything as "read", but I can delete conversations for a short time, but they then reappear if that contact texts me or if I try to restart my phone. If I delete conversations, the red number on the message app doesn't change even though there is no messages present. I even tried Siri and she can't help.

I've tried resetting, I've tried signing out and in again with my apple ID in the message settings. Nothing is working...HELP.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

By resetting do you mean just restarting or did you try actually resetting all settings perhaps? Maybe even a clean reinstall?

3. mmack08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops by resetting I do mean restarting. I am a little nervous about doing a reset all settings, but I think that's my next option.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 22, 2016 ---
    Reset all settings did not fix it. Texts and 700 notifications still remain.