iPhone stopped being recognised by iMac and MacBook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ben777, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Ben777 macrumors newbie

The Problem: iPhone SE USED to be recognized by my iMac (iTunes and Image Capture).Today suddenly it is not recognised by my iMac AND MacBook Air. Also it doesn't charge from either. BUT iPhone still charges with the same wire from electric outlet.

IOS and OSX are updated to the newest. Cable works (if it didn't it wouldn't charge the phone from the outlet, right?).

Seems like something wrong in iPhone?

I keep reading threads and comments on internet. It seems many have the same problem. But I can't find that anyone actually solved this for sure. It's scary :(

Any help please?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

3. Ben777 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using the one that was included with iPhone. But i will try another one. Thanks!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Use another wire and test it on a few other computers with the latest iTunes installed on them.
    Could be an issue with those macs,an issue with the wire, an issue with the phones port.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

What I always test first is a- different cable, b- different usb port. And c- another laptop or imac, etc. Just to see if it says 'hey a new phone!', you can cancel out of that anyway.

Secondly, maybe check with https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage > devices > if your stuff is listed there?

6. Ben777 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's weird... yesterday I tried everything - different Macs, USB ports, reintalling iTunes, Restarting computers and Phone. Except I didin't have another wire.

Today... it just works like there was never a problem. Magic.

Thanks everyone for advises, I will keep them in mind for the next time which hopefully never comes :)