Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuckeyeNation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
picture4obp.png

My iPhone has been in Anchorage since 1:50 PM on June 17th. I noticed, while reading the massive tracking thread, that some people are stuck in China with the same arrival time as me. What gives!?

I called UPS and the lady told me that it has cleared customs and guaranteed delivery by 10:30 AM June 19th. Still, it would be comforting to see it leave Anchorage. :rolleyes:

BTW I ordered June 8th, sometime after the keynote. Who else is with this shipment?

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I'm in the same shipment (ordered on the 11th). Just don't worry about it. It'll leave early/late this evening.

PMason

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
Mine is in the same situation as yours. Honestly, I think it has left Alaska and is somewhere in the contiguous United States but UPS is taking forever to update the shipment status on their site.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Don't worry, you'll get it.
If anything, it'll leave tonight, arrive tomorrow early, and be put right on a truck.

UPS knows their ****, you'll be fine :)

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
Tracking shows this but I think UPS via Apples instructions haven't updated based on emails people are getting saying they will get their iPhone on the 19th even though UPS may show a different date.

I just received such an email today:

o Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order with Apple.

Our records indicate that your iPhone 3G S pre-order has shipped.

Our carrier's website may have displayed an incorrect delivery
date for your order. However, we expect your iPhone order to be
delivered on time on June 19, 2009.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
UPS is bad about that. I remember getting a package from them that was supposed to be at my house that afternoon. When I looked that morning, it was still stuck in Texas. When I got home that afternoon, the site had been updated to show it's move from Texas to Tennessee to my local UPS and out for delivery, all at 8AM that morning.

UPS doesn't seem to keep it 100% live.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
uh, me too!

But I do think there is a conspiracy of sorts, if you will. Prior to yesterday mine showed the delivery date (19th) within the UPS tracking system. Now, that has been removed and the tracking hasn't changed in over a day. I'm thinking UPS is responding to Apple's request to limit the updates and just ensure all deliveries occur on the 19th, and not before. Since some people had a delivery date of the 17th or 18th that were later updated with "held for later delivery" I just think Apple and UPS are in cahoots on the whole tracking crap.

Our phones are probably in the LOCAL UPS sorting station waiting for delivery tomorrow.

Then again, this is just me theorizing out loud so ... whatever.

gswilder

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
Mine Too

Mine has also been stuck in the 1:50 AK arrival since yesterday. I thought it was on the UPS63 flight last night, but if it was the status never got updated. Maybe it is already in KY (where I live) or will come in on tonights flight.

I have noticed this delay in the UPS status update on shipments from China to the US before. When it does update, you will usually see the shipment had already been delivered or was on the truck, and the status update was just delayed. US to US shipments seem to have better status updates. But global updates seem to come in "bunches" sometimes.

I ordered mine on the 13th, so hopefully it will still be here on Friday. Got my 8G 3G today that I ordered same day.

Synthetickiller

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
My phone is also stuck with Palin.

Amazes me these phones were not produced and in the US yesterday at the latest. I hope UPS delivers on time. Its just a pain Apple sat on it till almost the last second.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Same status here. Supposedly, the flight it was on did get to KY (UPS63). I did get an email from Apple stating it would be here tomorrow, and I'm not too worried about that. Still, part of the fun is tracking it. :p

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
picture4obp.png

My iPhone has been in Anchorage since 1:50 PM on June 17th. I noticed, while reading the massive tracking thread, that some people are stuck in China with the same arrival time as me. What gives!?

I called UPS and the lady told me that it has cleared customs and guaranteed delivery by 10:30 AM June 19th. Still, it would be comforting to see it leave Anchorage. :rolleyes:

BTW I ordered June 8th, sometime after the keynote. Who else is with this shipment?

And it may show that up to a couple of hours before its delivered. Those online tracking orders are sometimes way off.

newoverhere

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Same for me :confused:

ANCHORAGE,
AK, US 06/17/2009 1:50 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CHEK LAP KOK,
HK 06/17/2009 7:46 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SHENZHEN,
CN 06/17/2009 4:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SHENZHEN,
CN 06/16/2009 10:25 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
CN 06/17/2009 12:02 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Shyfe

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
I'm pretty sure it's in the United States already. I can't imagine them leaving a huge box of iPhone 3GS's in Alaska and replacing it.

jlblodgett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
I'm pretty sure it's in the United States already. I can't imagine them leaving a huge box of iPhone 3GS's in Alaska and replacing it.

I know it seems like a whole different country, but I am pretty sure Alaska is one of the 50 states.

Assuming the tracking is correct, the iPhones have been in the US since yesterday afternoon.

scottuf

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
NPB, FL
same shipment. just calls ups, they told me it is guaranteed to be in my hands by 1030 am tomorrow morning and to not worry about the tracking info. helpful, i know.

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
I dunno....I called UPS just now and they tell me it's guaranteed to be here tomorrow. I asked if they knew if it had possibly already left Alaska and missed a scan. All she said was that it's still in Alaska, but it's guaranteed for delivery tomorrow by 10:30. I didn't really get much valuable information, since she seemed to have no idea what was going on. I have had a "guarantee this day by 10:30" before from UPS and I ended up not getting the package til about 4 days later, so who knows what'll happen.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
I'm in the same "1:50" shipment. I don't think that's an issue at all. There were others that came from HK at the same time and moved on to Louisville but I think our pallet happened to take longer through customs. A certain percentage of shipments go through additional screening/checks and I'm guessing ours was it. The flight that just left likely left Anchorage likely has our phones on it. The flight is in the air but tracking info often lags behind, sometimes for hours. The flight is here:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS63

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.