iPhone will deliver on June 23rd email proof....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TW!SM, Jun 21, 2010.

1. TW!SM macrumors regular

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus. <http://www.apple.com/orderstatus>

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

::facepalm::

3. Ptyger macrumors member

Ptyger

I just received the same e-mail. Very nice, if it's true.

4. SS109 macrumors member

5. infectbda macrumors member

I also just received this. Seems really strange...I can't remember Apple ever delivering a product ahead of street.

6. jtharris macrumors newbie

7. cub4bearin macrumors member

yay

same here:

"Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team"

8. Illusion86 macrumors regular

Illusion86

Fed ex holds all iPhones till the 24th.

9. Bettermann09 macrumors member

10. TW!SM thread starter macrumors regular

Why would Apple send this out then.....?

11. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

According to this e-mail, it specifically says it will be delivered on the 23rd, DESPITE what FedEx and Apple tracking say.

12. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

so you mean to tell me apple and at&t are looking to avoid the same meltdown that occured on the 15th? shocker! i dont get how people think this isnt true, sure it hasnt happened in the past. but has apple sold 600,000 iphones and crashed at&t's servers in 1 day in the past?

13. ipodcolor macrumors member

14. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I hope I get that email as I don't work on Wed and do on Thu! Mine's currently in transit from AK right now (I assume to the Memphish hub).

16. Eluzion macrumors 6502

I just got the same email as well.

If Apple told Fedex to hold all iPhone 4's until the 24th, then why would Apple send out an email specifically stating we will have it on our doorsteps the 23rd? My tracking status says I will get it on the 24th, but I find it odd that Apple would go out of their way to send an email saying we'll have it on the 23rd. They're probably trying to prevent 600,000+ iPhones being activated on the same day (which would be smart).

17. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Question to those who received this email...did your original shipping confirmation email indicate the 23rd or the 24th?

18. alana22 macrumors regular

Lucky you, if it's true. I have an in-store reservation so I'll have to wait a day after you :p

19. jtharris macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

For me, the original email from Apple saying the iPhone shipped stated the 23rd, but FedEx has always had the 24th.

20. cmcclure16 macrumors regular

I just got this too, and my phone is currently in Oakland, CA which is only like an hour away. :eek:

21. TW!SM thread starter macrumors regular

My original date was the 23rd....

22. Ptyger macrumors member

Ptyger

Shipping confirmation from apple said by the 23rd. Fedex tracking said the 24th.

23. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

24. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I just got the same email. I got on here to post a new thread (but of course this thread was already here). I have two iPhones on the way, one for my wife and one for me. They were ordered separately, mine shipped 24 hours after hers and her tracking shows hers as farther along than mine. Even so, the FedEx tracking for mine still shows a delivery date of June 23, while hers shows the 24th. The email didn't have an order number or any other way to tell which order its referring to. I wonder if that means they'll both show up on Wednesday. Here's hoping...

Edit: To clarify, the original Apple shipment notification emails for both phones showed a June 23 delivers by date. For my wife's phone, the actual FedEx tracking has always shown the 24th, while my phone has always shown the 23rd.