iPhone will destroy android (SJ)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jgalan14, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Merkie macrumors 68020

2. f00f macrumors 65816

His biography is going to be a very interesting read indeed.

3. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I wish he lived enough for the world to witness this

Android has been becoming more similar to iOS, there's no denying it

4. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

I can honestly say that i have never ever been so exited for a book.

5. lilo777 macrumors 603

I am not sure he would like the outcome.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Looking Forward To The Book

But Apple will not kill Android.Not today, not tomorrow.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Nope Google might do it all on their own

8. 96whitels macrumors member

96whitels

9. kingdLo macrumors 6502

I'm not into reading books at all, and i'm glad I preordered this. I'm excited to read it

10. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

This is actually spot on. The market is so over-saturated it's not even funny, but I won't even get into all that. I'll keep it simple...

I have 3 friends who all went Android a year or to ago. For the first few months, they loved it and constantly sang its praises. A little over a year later, one now has a windows phone, one kept the android, and one went to an iPhone.

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

This wouldn't be surprising because Jobs was a highly-driven and competitive person. Michael Jordan was the same way when he played basketball. He needed to be motivated. This is why they became successful at what they did. When Jobs was with Apple in the early 80's, he pitted his Mac team to go against the Lisa team. SJ pitted the Mac OS team vs iPod team before going with the former. The latter was based on Linux the same as Android. Scott Forstall is the iOS mastermind. You will hear a battle cry all the time from competitors.

12. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

If he wanted to destroy Android, why didn't they just make the iPhone better?

Seriously, we put up with compromises when we buy iPhones over Android phones. (not saying we don't have advantages too, obviously) But man, they could've made iOS worlds better, given the iPhone a bigger screen... Basically, they should've not only pleased the Apple fans, but made more Apple-converts.

13. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

the world doesn't ********** end with bigger screens man... And yes the iOS 5 world is much better than the iOS 4 world...

That said... Mine was pre-ordered 3 months ago... Should be receiving it in a week or two... :)

14. macinnv macrumors regular

Agreed! However I think Apple's biggest blunder was ATT exclusivity for 4 years. It gave it the just the amount of time Android needed to get its foothold in the market. Carrier contracts make it difficult for customers to leave (as they should, they are a business) But most people are given upgrade from their carrier before there 2 years are up and they choose to upgrade to a better phone, and for a long time this meant Android.

15. SubliminalMac macrumors member

You mean a business should be able to lock you in, and not give you freedom of choice... Sounds like a trap, personally I would rather they didnt have so much power. They literally can estimate there dollars for the next two years, makes no network upgrades for a significant amount of time cause your locked...I can't imagine why u would say rightfully so to something do blatantly predatory.

16. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I don't care much about the screen issue, but I do agree that if they really want to make their stand against Android, they need to step it up for the new iPhone. I love Apple, but they're really good at leaving out just enough to annoy someone like me, but not enough to not get the phone.

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Simple, buy all your phones at full price. Don't ask for a subsidized phone and have the ability to walk whenever you want.

18. marty11 macrumors regular

"...I will also destroy the inventor of the picture frame. If that mother***r thinks he can frame photographs in the same rectangular shape that I decided to frame the iPad, he will experience injunction, Apple style. Samsung is small cheese - I will shut down every god damned Aaron Brothers on this planet if I have too".

Steve Jobs, 2011.

19. futch macrumors 6502

futch

20. macinnv macrumors regular

I'm all for freedom of choice but carrier subsidization is the business model for the US cell market. I personally buy phones at full price and choose T-Mobile to save money on the rate plan. Apple is easily a big enough player to disrupt this business model but they haven't. If anything Apple has fuly embraced this "predatory" business model as its difficult to get an unlocked phone.

21. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

iPhone will not kill Android: Apple treat iPhone as a one size fits all product. One size does not fit all customers, variety is the key.

People will buy Android because they dislike Apple. They like customization, they don't like walled gardens etc etc. Many reasons.

I agree with the poster above - Google will kill Android ( in some way ).

22. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Bigger screens ≠ better.

Seriously, 3.5" is so perfect. People can actually use their phone with one hand.

23. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Save this crap, will you?

24. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I think 3.7-4.0 would be ideal. 4.5+ is too big