iPhone X iPhone X a month later... What's your stance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMePls, Dec 4, 2017.

1. XciteMePls macrumors member

I find the iPhone X a blast to use. There's still a cool factor to using my face to unlock my phone. Don't get me wrong, it's quick and it's seamless, but there's still something to be said that my phone is using this super-advanced facial recognition system that no other phone on the market can touch.

The screen is of course gorgeous. The blacks are pure black and the colors pop. The way the phone display kind of melts into the air with no bezels, is sexy.

The guts of the iPhone X paired with iOS 11 is a force to be reckoned with. The phone is blazingly fast. Scrolling and loading and multi-tasking is very fluid.

The camera is a beauty. I'm very impressed by the pics I've taken on it in bright, favorable lighting. Everything pops.

Overall, I think the iPhone X is amazing. Apple should be proud and we should be very happy with it. They took a lot of risks and made some bold moves but they taught us, once again, to always have faith in Apple when it comes to changing (and elevating) the game.

2. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

I like it much more than I expected.

In the words of Borat... Very nice!

3. Speechless macrumors 6502a

Couldn’t agree with you more. X is definitely the best phone I have ever used.

It’s so funny, I’ve been waiting for a full screen iPhone since the 4 days - always seemed like a pipe dream on the iPhone. Cannot believe it is here. I’m fanboying hard over this thing. First piece of tech I’ve owned that has exceeded the honeymoon phase and gets me excited to use every single time I pick it up :eek:

4. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

All those rumors were true.. I remember there was a rumor in 2012 saying that the iPhone 5 would have edge to edge screen. the rendering was shockingly like the iPhone X (of course the expected screen size was smaller, like 4.X inch). Coincidentally, as Ive said in an interview after the iPhone X was announced, Apple has been developing the phone since 2012.

5. rodetrip macrumors regular

rodetrip

had mine since launch day and i am still falling more in love with it every day lol

6. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

7. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Sorry to be a party pooper here, but I bought the X on day one release day and returned on day 14. Doing the gesture controls instead of the home button got very tiresome for me. Yes loved the screen and the form factor. I didn’t mind the notch on the screen one bit. Face ID worked well enough although Touch ID is faster. Missing the home button was the deal breaker. I actually just went and bought an 8+. First time plus size, having owned the 6/6s/7. I can deal with the huge size better than the missing home button.

8. quamsi macrumors regular

Its great! I still wish it was just a hair wider. I am 10000000% sold on True Tone now. I hated it in the beginning but forced myself to use it and am so glad I did.

9. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

It's a good phone, honestly it's an iPhone

My wow factor is way gone...lol
    Had it since day one and what I will say is it is def the best iPhone yet...which is saying a lot. I'd still prefer a bigger phone since I was also a day one plus user, however I can deal till next year.

Side note... Things were going great into week 4, and than wham, issues! Long story short I'm on my 4th IPhone X within the last few days.

10. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

What issues did you have?

11. urkel macrumors 68030

My 1 Month Evaluation: Thank goodness I sent it back

I dont think its a "bad" product at all. But in retrospect, that learning curve was the most exciting part of the product because once I mastered ithe X then it became very clear that this is just another boring old iPhone. And that is largely due to the fact that the X feels so out of place with the current OS.

I set up my RMA last minute which gave me an extra week to play since I really was wafflig on returning or keeping it. But once I went back to my 7+ then it was clear that is the phone for me. Not only because of the big screen, but because this "old tech" matched perfectly with our archaic OS.

Using TouchID iPhones may be an aging experience but its so refined and efficient. And most importantly... "It just works".

12. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

The gamechanger is the battery life.

Face ID is great and more convenient but it's not that much better than Touch ID was. The OLED screen, I can't even tell the difference to be honest. Operations are fast and responsive and that's good but it was expected.

What was a shocker is the battery life. Where I used to charge my iPhone 6 to 100% at 7AM and come home with about 30% left at 7PM, I now come home with my battery at 91%. It's crazy how much better it is. And that's why I'd never go back to a lesser iPhone. The X is cray cray with the battery.

13. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Still loving the phone. I think I come here more as an excuse to use the thing than anything else. I was bored with iPhone prior to this and almost made the switch. Very glad I did not. No idea how some think the os doesn’t match the hardware. The overall experience is great for me. Effortlessly fluid to use.

14. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Have the X and an S8. The S8 was so good I had it as my primary phone but lately I have transitioned to the X as my primary and I think I will stay there. I have had 0 problems with the X. The apps are slowly being updated to the new screen of the X. The X is expensive but when you consider the totality of the Apple system, it is a good value.

15. freakomac macrumors regular

91% ?? Wow
    I do have quite a few battery saving settings enabled that help me make it through a typical day.. but never with a such high number.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2017 ---
    Its a about a week since I got SG 64GB X. I am loving every moment using it. Personally this is the best iPhone I have ever used.

16. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

Hate Face ID
    it's too heavy
    did I mention I hate Face ID
    battery life is amazing

17. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I can appreciate your evaluation and how you gave the iPhone X a fair chance, which overall did not work out for you. But I see how touch ID has become more refined over the years with the other iPhone models. I think with gesture controls and Face ID, the iPhone X will also continue to mature. I think Apple will continue to implement new features into iOS that will correlate better with the iPhone X. Hopefully iOS 12 will produce better results than iOS 11 did.

18. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Old habits are hard to break. I still find myself using my thumb and pressing down on the screen as if the home button was still there. I'm also still a little clumsy using apple Pay at a checkout. Today I had the phone in my left hand and couldn't manage to double click fast enough so I had to change hands and try it again.

While I like the quickness of Face ID it just hasn't worked in a lot of circumstances for me and I had to type in my pass code more than anytime in 3 years with my touch ID phones.Partly my fault for not putting the phone up to my face properly and half expecting my touch ID to kick in when I pick it up lol!

I am not digging how one has to access the Quick access screen. I find it to be awkward after being able to swipe up on it so easily in the past.

I'm also a bit troubled with glitches in iOS11 such as disappearing time on the home screen and stuttering video streaming.

I love the form factor, notch does not bother me at all (i can place it in my front jeans pocket once again after having had a Plus model since day one). I don't mind the extra weight and it has survived a few small drops to the floor with the apple leather case on it.

19. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

This. Not launch day here, but still - it's a gorgeous phone - in terms of looks, function, and feel. I love it!!

20. maka344 macrumors 65816

maka344

Dude, that’s a bit lame sorry. They didn’t teach us anything.

Agreed, the X is a great device.

21. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

Best phone ever.

There are some imperfections, but that’s to be expected. Many apps still haven’t been updated, and the full screen video cuts off too much for my purist mind to handle. So it’s letterboxes 16:9, which sometimes feel small.

The only bad thing, I wish the screen was bigger, although the physical size is just about perfect.

FaceID has made me hate TouchID.

22. kirk.vino macrumors member

You lost me right after the hand gestures thing haha
    I couldn’t disagree more!
    Hand gestures are very intuitive and comfortable. Every time I have to pick up my old 6S Plus, I start using hand gestures and burst into laughter.
    I can’t imagine going back to the older iPhones now!

23. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Had my X for over 3 weeks now and loving it. Just wish the screen was a bit wider.