iPhone X Charging Speeds Compared: The Fastest and Easiest Ways to Charge Your iPhone

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 5, 2017.

1. timdavid macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2017
    I was told by an Apple representative that the down side of fast charging an iPhone (8 or X) is that this significantly reduces the battery life, and is worth avoiding if that is a consideration. Can you provide any data on the extent to which fast charging damages the battery life. I gather that using one of the higher wattage adaptors can have the same effect, even on ordinary iPhones.
  2. Black Tiger macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2007
    Simplicity is not worrying that a charging method will work.
    I suppose. I’ve never done anything but charge over night. I suspect most customers do the same and in this scenario a fast charger isn’t really necessary.
    Pretty interesting marketing there isn’t it? I don’t see the point of the pads to be honest. You can’t really use the phone when it’s chargin in this method. And since a cable plugs into the pad anyway, you’re tethered the same as a cable plugged into the phone. Maybe to use the lightning port for headphones while charging? But again it seems like a rare scenario. I’d rather spend the money on a fast charger than a pad. Makes more sense to me.
  3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Dec 15, 2010
    With how easy it will be now to get your battery replaced I don’t think this matters much

I think this will only decrease battery life if you keep your device longer than 3 years or more.
  4. telepati macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2009
    This is my result for iPhone 8;

iPhone 8 64GB
    Dodocool 45W Adapter
    Apple 2m USB-C Cable

The phone was fully blackout, not even %1 charge has it.

- 70m - %91
    - 1h 47m - %100
  5. nroose macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    I have not looked through all of the pages of these comments, but did anyone comment on or do testing with a new Macbook that has USB-C ports and a USB-C to lightning cable?