Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vol7ron

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Derry, NH
256 Space Grey X on AT&T Next with delivery Nov 17 -24. Apple's iOS app gave me trouble until around 12:20ish. Finally was able to add the phone to my cart, put a 100 down to lower the cost by a couple of dollars, but then during the Apple Pay transaction, it timed out and said that it was unsuccessful. So I tried the payment again an it went right through. A few minutes later I get 2 Apple confirmations with different web order numbers for the phone. Now, I got the AT&T Next agreement for both web orders and they reference the same agreement number.

While I am sure that Apple's system will see it as a duplicate when it goes to ship and not ship the second phone, I am kinda hesitant to have them cancel one order in the off chance that it screws the other order. And forget calling them as their phone system is not taking calls at this time. Has anyone seen this in the past?

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
I can verify that Jerz has no idea what he is talking about...

Got my confirmation emails, and my place was held in line. :)
Mine was not. At 12:10 I was told 2-3 weeks. At 10ish this morning when I got the email to complete my “reservation” it was 3-4 weeks.

Apple straight-up lied to me. The pity is that I like the product so much I am willing to put up with their abusive behavior. It’s soup-nazi-esque.

dynomit3

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I got a reservation this morning when pre ordering iPhone X. I then continued to purchase one with delivery time 2-3 weeks. But my reservation was for launch day, Nov 3rd. Earlier, I received an email to complete my reservation, but I can’t complete because I already have an existing order to my phone number. Can I cancel my existing order so I can proceed to complete my reservation with earlier delivery time?

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
I had the exact opppsite experience. App refused to work (it’s my usual method). Website worked perfectly.

Got in my order by 3:07. Nov 3rd.

Got my husband’s in 5 minutes later. Nov 13-24. His said Nov 3 until I got to the cart to finalize. Wild.

My son was ordering himself one and had to give up halfway through. App freaked out. Used my laptop. Got Nov 13-24.

This one reminded me of the 6 plus launch.

Wow, interesting. I got mine in fairly quick and early, yet not in the pool for a Nov. 3rd arrival. Strange how it all works out. Maybe my carrier (T-Mobile) has less supplies?

Reactions: bunnicula

Wsidewarrior07

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
Mine was not. At 12:10 I was told 2-3 weeks. At 10ish this morning when I got the email to complete my “reservation” it was 3-4 weeks.

Apple straight-up lied to me. The pity is that I like the product so much I am willing to put up with their abusive behavior. It’s soup-nazi-esque.

Mine was not either. I was quoted 2-3 weeks but I also had one in stock for pickup at the local Apple store. When I got the email to complete it is telling me 5-6, then it errored out and told me it couldn't contact the carrier. Now I get "Your reservation cannot be found" .... So .... This sucks. *eye roll*

sshock2

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else encountered this problem? ATT servers were down and I received a message stating that I had a reservation saved for me and that I'd receive an email to complete the transaction. I tried again just in case and they said I already had an existing reservation pending. Great, so I went to bed last night.

This morning, I have no emails, yet I'm hearing a lot of people have received their reservation emails to complete their orders. I go through the Apple website again to see if I still get that "you have an existing reservation pending" message and its not there. Instead, it now allows me to place an order for 5-6 shipping time! Where did my reservation go?!

I can't reach Apple because they're slammed. I called AT&T and they state they can see an order notification was checked by Apple but cannot see that it has been processed. Now I have no idea if my reservation was cancelled or if they just haven't sent my reservation email yet.

Siretman

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
I got my iPhone X for Nov 3 but my wife’s was delayed until Nov 17-24.

My credit card was charged for $89.05 by Apple Online Sales. It could be the tax for one iPhone X, the one shipping now for Nov 3, but the amount is not correct for the $1348 cost of the iPhone X. The sales tax for my area is around 8% not 6.6%.

Anybody else had that charge on the credit card.

BTW we are on the Apple Upgrade Program.

deleon

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I think the people complaining that they were told 2-3 weeks but were given a date of Nov. 17-24 are incorrect in saying that the date changed. I got a reservation for 2-3. I tried again when the window was still that period and it gave me a date of 17-24. Given that transaction also crashed. But I was able to purchase with the original reservation.

But the point is that I think when apple says 2-3 weeks, they mean 2-3 weeks from launch with is Nov. 3. So 17-24 is in the correct time window.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
I think the people complaining that they were told 2-3 weeks but were given a date of Nov. 17-24 are incorrect in saying that the date changed. I got a reservation for 2-3. I tried again when the window was still that period and it gave me a date of 17-24. Given that transaction also crashed. But I was able to purchase with the original reservation.

But the point is that I think when apple says 2-3 weeks, they mean 2-3 weeks from launch with is Nov. 3. So 17-24 is in the correct time window.

Yes their ship dates are always from release date and not pre-order date. Has always been the case.
[doublepost=1509134827][/doublepost]First iPhone X SG 256 ATT new enroll to IUP opened at 3:08am EST and completed around 3:10 (2-3 week ship time)
Second iPhone X Silver 256 ATT new enroll to IUP opened at 3:10am EST and hit error contacting ATT but received a reservation with confirmation number

Received email it was ready to complete the second pre-order at 1:54pm EST. Completed and it held the 2-3 week ship time.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
I got my iPhone X for Nov 3 but my wife’s was delayed until Nov 17-24.

My credit card was charged for $89.05 by Apple Online Sales. It could be the tax for one iPhone X, the one shipping now for Nov 3, but the amount is not correct for the $1348 cost of the iPhone X. The sales tax for my area is around 8% not 6.6%.

Anybody else had that charge on the credit card.

BTW we are on the Apple Upgrade Program.

That may be a test/pending charge to make sure you have funds. I think it will be readjusted by the time it posts. Something similar happen to me last year with the 7+.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Pre ordered mine from Apple, delivers 3 November. I so wasn't expecting to get one on release day.

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley

Nope. I was told Nov 10-17, and then that changed to 17-24.

nlsfc96

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2015
Wow, even though I had ordered at around 12:03PST with IUP, I got moved to Nov 10. I checked my order just now and it got bumped up to Nov 3rd delivery. Super psyked. Maybe others orders will get bumped up.

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)
My experience differs.

I got into the store at 12:10 or so, and by then delivery had slipped to 2-3 weeks. I just got the e-mail to complete the "reservation" and my delivery date is now Nov 17-24, which is *3-4 weeks*.

My relationship with Apple is similar to an abused spouse. I regularly find myself saying, "They won't beat me up again like last time," and sure enough, they do.

For the record, not saying I know why... about according to Apple during this whole process 2-3 weeks has meant 17-24th... I really don't know why, but I have two different orders that read the same exact way (one without reservation).

I was actually about to post the question, if anyone knew how Apple figures 2-3 weeks means 17-24th ??
[doublepost=1509144123][/doublepost]
Nope. I was told Nov 10-17, and then that changed to 17-24.

Yeah now be involved on several orders, I have not seen 10-17 window.. interesting..
[doublepost=1509144333][/doublepost]

My experience as well, as far as 2-3 weeks equating to 17-24th...

Heres to hoping it comes in sooner :)

bert32

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2009
FL
Wow, even though I had ordered at around 12:03PST with IUP, I got moved to Nov 10. I checked my order just now and it got bumped up to Nov 3rd delivery. Super psyked. Maybe others orders will get bumped up.

I ordered at 3:02 EST and got Nov 10-17 Delivery, but when I checked now, it says NOV 3. YES! Super excited.

19callum93

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Worst experience using the Apple store app and I thought the app was meant to be the “easiest” way to pre-order. Lies. The app glitched out right at the end of the reservation process and wouldn’t allow me to continue. Was so excited that I thought I had the model for Nov 3rd instore pickup... but that wasn’t the case. Continued to try via the app and had no luck. Had to result to using the website instead. Managed to reserve instore but pickup date is 2nd December I mentioned the above on twitter, Apple support tweeted and asked me to contact them. When I did they couldn’t care less.

Attachments

• 65704376-8B84-46D6-B5D6-87C8E2F41982.png
    65704376-8B84-46D6-B5D6-87C8E2F41982.png
    789.6 KB · Views: 137

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Wow, interesting. I got mine in fairly quick and early, yet not in the pool for a Nov. 3rd arrival. Strange how it all works out. Maybe my carrier (T-Mobile) has less supplies?

Quite possible. We really never know.
[doublepost=1509152686][/doublepost]
For the record, not saying I know why... about according to Apple during this whole process 2-3 weeks has meant 17-24th... I really don't know why, but I have two different orders that read the same exact way (one without reservation).

I was actually about to post the question, if anyone knew how Apple figures 2-3 weeks means 17-24th ??
[doublepost=1509144123][/doublepost]

Yeah now be involved on several orders, I have not seen 10-17 window.. interesting..
[doublepost=1509144333][/doublepost]

My experience as well, as far as 2-3 weeks equating to 17-24th...

Heres to hoping it comes in sooner :)

It means “2-3 weeks from launch.”

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
Went just like I expected. Although I placed my order fo iPhoneX Gray 256GB on the Apple Web Site as soon as the page came up I got Nov 10-17 shipping (which of course could still change to sooner but probably won't). Surprisingly I did not have any issues checking out with PayPal which I really feared!

-Mike
Well how nice of Apple they bumped my delivery from 11/10-11/17 to the 3rd. They said "we take his money every year let's do something for the guy" how nice, for the bump not for taking my money!

-Mike
[doublepost=1509153202][/doublepost]
Worst experience using the Apple store app and I thought the app was meant to be the “easiest” way to pre-order. Lies. The app glitched out right at the end of the reservation process and wouldn’t allow me to continue. Was so excited that I thought I had the model for Nov 3rd instore pickup... but that wasn’t the case. Continued to try via the app and had no luck. Had to result to using the website instead. Managed to reserve instore but pickup date is 2nd December I mentioned the above on twitter, Apple support tweeted and asked me to contact them. When I did they couldn’t care less.

Yeah Apple Store app was crap (don't accept paypal either), the favorite thing that everybody and their grandmother kept talking about didn't work. I had the phone added to favorite on apple store and on the web site earlier in the day and checked on it a few times to ensure it was working but once the store went down by the time it came back up which was quite a few minutes after midnight the favorite crap was cleared on both the web site and the app. Maybe in addition to using some sort of cookie is also stores something on Apple's end and their systems were getting overwhelmed with all the favorites so they just wiped it out.

-Mike
[doublepost=1509153391][/doublepost]
Quite possible. We really never know.
[doublepost=1509152686][/doublepost]

It means “2-3 weeks from launch.”
Or maybe they use California size weeks like they have that big California king size bed you know.

-Mike

Last edited:

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
Well how nice of Apple they bumped my delivery from 11/10-11/17 to the 3rd. They said "we take his money every year let's do something for the guy" how nice, for the bump not for taking my money!

They take my money every year and every year they **** on me (and millions of others) the exact. same. way.

Siretman

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014

You are absolutely right. See my post below.

Last edited:

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
There is no point in having an option to pay full price & have to enter in information about our carrier for them to contact them (our current issue). I am paying for this phone in full, sell me the phone! End of story!

Exactly. I have no idea what this transaction has to do with my carrier. Now my X is coming and the sim is assigned to the wrong family member, so just some more hoops to jump through. I bought the dang phone for full price, leave the carrier out of it!

Siretman

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
My wife’s email states that the shipment is 2-3 weeks and I saw previously the dates 11/17-11/24. So the weeks are counted from the first availability date that is 11/3.
[doublepost=1509157237][/doublepost]BTW, I just saw that my phone is being prepared for shipment. My date is Nov 3 and my credit card was also charged for the tax.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.