Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
This video is a good one, it shows off Face ID and the other features, if this video is anything to go buy i'm so glad i pre-ordered the iPhone X it looks really good :)

photos look amazing the way they fill up the entire screen.

Reactions: Ntombi

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
It does look great though. You can tell the things are beginning to pick up steam, as recent buyers of the iPhone 8 Plus are beginning to lash out. Probably due to their own buyers remorse.

Reactions: Damstr and Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
photos look amazing the way they fill up the entire screen.

That screen looks good and that’s just looking at it by watching the video. HDR content is going to be great on it I think, also did you see how fast Face ID worked for Apple Pay, that was really cool :)

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal

Another hand on. Seems like Apple invited some youtubers to test in NYC ahead of release.

I'm surprised Wired posted anything as we've heard the 11/1 is when the NDA lifts for media outlets who received review units from Apple.
This one showed how quickly Face ID works, and also how you can do the swipe immediately upon raising, and it’ll open as soon as your face is verified. That’s what Craig Federighi mentioned.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
This one showed how quickly Face ID works, and also how you can do the swipe immediately upon raising, and it’ll open as soon as your face is verified. That’s what Craig Federighi mentioned.
I like how you can see the unlock icon so you know its worked before you swipe up

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Noticed this also, I still feel it's a bit slower than Touch ID.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I'm hoping one of thees guys checked Accessibility to see if there was an auto-unlock to homescreen feature, similar to "Rest to Unlock" with touchID.

Reactions: cdd543

oats555

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
Real reviews should drop tomorrow at 8AM EST. They've historically published the Tuesday before release.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Real reviews should drop tomorrow at 8AM EST. They've historically published the Tuesday before release.
Pretty sure the reviews will be out Wednesday. I've heard from a few sources that outlets just got their X's today with the embargo being lifted on the 1st.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pretty sure the reviews will be out Wednesday. I've heard from a few sources that outlets just got their X's today with the embargo being lifted on the 1st.
Two days to review seem pretty short....

They regularly get much more time. My guess is review units were sent out last week and reviews will drop tomorrow.

Reactions: oats555

oats555

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
We'll see, although that would be hard to believe. They would basically have a partial day today to review and then need to spend tomorrow writing the review and editing the video to get it out Monday morning. Not going to get quality reviews if that is true.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
We'll see, although that would be hard to believe. They would basically have a partial day today to review and then need to spend tomorrow writing the review and editing the video to get it out Monday morning. Not going to get quality reviews if that is true.

That is how it always goes though. Wednesday we will be flooded with reviews. Some sites just do hands on reviews with a more detailed reviews about a week later.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Seeing an all black true blacks loading apps or going between apps in this video make me giddy for dat OLED

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
it's funny that tech journo twitter is a bit upset about the youtubers getting to access / publish their hands on.

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for posting. Not really a review as much as a feature overview. You could tell from the edits he wasn't allowed to take the phone outside of wherever it is he had use of the phone. You can't do a real life review without going outside and going full throttle with it. So still waiting for the real reviews.

Thank you thank you for saying this. I just said this in another thread earlier today. The wired "review" in my opinion is not a review. It is exactly what you said: a feature overview. For me there is no technicality in this "review". I do have an order in place. It's just nice to read technical reviews and for me wired review provides zero.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Cool!

I hope someone can change that homescreen wallpaper. Just put it in plain black like when the original iPhone was released. Saves battery too.

You kinda wish iOS had a launcher like Nova Prime. Mainly for the ability to change the icons pack. The flat design icons just doesn't look as good as Forstall's.

Just make it look like this -
bc8880c4993e6451e2cac17a5b27ca0aac4b15db-tc-img-preview.jpg

^ That's exactly how I arrange my icons in all of my phones for the last 10 years. 4x4 grid but only 4x3. Never have a last line of apps to have room to swipe to next page. Black wallpaper because I have image retention on my LGs.

Black wallpaper over OLED and classic icons pack would make X homescreens look even better. Saves battery, doesn't obscure if it's a picture, and gives that floating effect. That default X wallpaper looks hideous.

Very difficult to match the iOS7 icons with any current wallpaper since the colors are all over the place. So plain black wallpaper since it matches up with any color the best.

Reactions: Mabus51
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.