iPhone X Space Grey Unboxing

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
It seems the white version is featured more often in reviews and videos. It's a shame we don't get to see them on display in the Apple store before ordering.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Here's another one. Yuck. For those of you who hate that notch? Man, it sticks out even more like a sore thumb on the space grey since it's more of a blended "seamless" design. Glad I went with the silver.

src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/CODE]

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Had the exact opposite thoughts.
Looks very stealthy and very black. Not sure why they even bother calling it space gray. I was worried based on all the pictures online, but this video makes it clear that it's pretty much jet black
If you've seen the 8 or 8 plus in person, it's deceiving. Looks more black in the dark but in light it's definitely grey. Like a charcoal, muted grey. Looks terrible IMO.

tkukoc

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Wish I Was In Space!
If you've seen the 8 or 8 plus in person, it's deceiving. Looks more black in the dark but in light it's definitely grey. Like a charcoal, muted grey. Looks terrible IMO.
Really? Didn't like it? I was a bit shocked with the color difference on the 8 series. In the light with the back glass it just looks elegant to me. Really loved the full black front with contrasted lighter tones on the back. The X color looks nice too but a friend of mine picked up some extra Silvers and that is what I tested over the summer so I had to go with that combo.

Reactions: zhandri

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
Ok FIGHT!!! :D

1) you have no taste
2) get your eyes checked
3) go away
4) you have no taste

Reactions: junglesnake

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
I get that people like the Space Gray, so I'm not hating but I'm glad for myself I got the Silver. I just think the space gray band around the edge makes the bezels look really thick for some reason.
I think they probably both look kinda cool

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
I get that people like the Space Gray, so I'm not hating but I'm glad for myself I got the Silver. I just think the space gray band around the edge makes the bezels look really thick for some reason.

BINGO! and makes the notch even more present...and bigger

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
D01D4AAC-41DD-45C6-A400-EE532B153F8C.jpeg
To all the silver owners talking about the bands around the phone...

I’ll take the space gray anytime, silver is going to be a scratch nightmare with that SS mirror finish.

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
We don’t know the black will be better! It might easily scratch showing Silver underneath
Negative...it’s the same material used on the iwatch and it’s held up for over a year on my watch. Honestly zero issues compared to my SS iwatch which was a scratch magnet. All in all, the space gray will have less headaches with the band.

Now the glass is a different story all together. The space gray back will be a finger print nightmare compared to the silver, and most likely the silver will show less wear and tear if one is not using a case.

Reactions: gorkt

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Love it, the space gray looks seamless which is what I was going for. I got both though so I'll see when I unbox them. Ultimately it won't matter as it's going right in a case.
[doublepost=1509477718][/doublepost]

Yes the notch actually grows when you add the space gray back.
Exactly...
[doublepost=1509479908][/doublepost]
Negative...it’s the same material used on the iwatch and it’s held up for over a year on my watch. Honestly zero issues compared to my SS iwatch which was a scratch magnet. All in all, the space gray will have less headaches with the band.

Now the glass is a different story all together. The space gray back will be a finger print nightmare compared to the silver, and most likely the silver will show less wear and tear if one is not using a case.
It's actually not the same material...if you're talking about the space black. That's a stronger coating than the one used here.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Here's another one. Yuck. For those of you who hate that notch? Man, it sticks out even more like a sore thumb on the space grey since it's more of a blended "seamless" design. Glad I went with the silver.

src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/CODE]
I keep hearing about this ugly "notch", where/what is this notch everybodys speaking of?