iPhone X spotted in public

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
IMHO, that candid shot completely validates Apple’s decision to “embrace the notch”.

With the notch, you know instantly what brand/model of smartphone you’re looking at. Without it...it would look like every other recent model “edge to edge” smartphone.

Really looking forward to 11/03!! :D

IGotOne

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Somebody trace this fool and interrogate him! We need to find out how many units have been built.

4. 4 have been built. You can furiously get in line for February delivery of number 5 though on 10/27.

This is going to get UGLLL-EEE.

Can't wait to see the vortex of hate once people figure out they aren't guaranteed to get one even with a 12:01 order. A lot of "RAWR!!! I am so mad at Apple! GRRRR!!!! So ANGRY! What?? They want my $$$? Oh, of course, here it is...".

IGotOne

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
It's easy to recognize an X. The notch makes it stick out. You use to be able to tell an iPhone from other phones with the functional home button. Now it's a notch. The beauty has now become the beast.
The notch really didn't bother me at first, but I've been so obsessed with the X since the keynote that it's really starting to bug me now.

Kinda like that "pretty" girl that the more you see of her the more a certain quirk she has (physical or otherwise... #dontbethatvain) starts to make you think she "isn't so pretty" after all. Also known as "marriage" ;):p:D.

Still, that notch is really starting to get to me too... I'm starting to think the crazies that jumped all over it were right all along. I really hope they ditch it with the X2.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Rigby

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
IMHO, that candid shot completely validates Apple’s decision to “embrace the notch”.

With the notch, you know instantly what brand/model of smartphone you’re looking at. Without it...it would look like every other recent model “edge to edge” smartphone.
Until some other phone adopts a similar design. :p The "Essential Phone" already has a notch (although it's narrower than Apple's).

ImBuz

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
California
Kinda like that "pretty" girl that the more you see of her the more a certain quirk she has (physical or otherwise... #dontbethatvain) starts to make you think she "isn't so pretty" after all. Also known as "marriage"
Hmmm--I don't know--I married the prettiest girl in school 60 years ago and she is still beautiful, inside and out.

Phones however are only pretty the first week or so !!

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
New York
4. 4 have been built. You can furiously get in line for February delivery of number 5 though on 10/27.

This is going to get UGLLL-EEE.

Can't wait to see the vortex of hate once people figure out they aren't guaranteed to get one even with a 12:01 order. A lot of "RAWR!!! I am so mad at Apple! GRRRR!!!! So ANGRY! What?? They want my $$$? Oh, of course, here it is...".
I won’t be mad at Apple. I’ve come to expect this. They have botched every, single major launch since the first iPhone. Everyone should come to expect to wait AT LEAST 3-5 months for their X.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2008
I won’t be mad at Apple. I’ve come to expect this. They have botched every, single major launch since the first iPhone. Everyone should come to expect to wait AT LEAST 3-5 months for their X.
Not true. I ordered my iPhones at midnight and got all on release day except jet black. That one came a week later. People neee to calm down.

Infiniverse48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2017
Joy also has utility . . . .
There is only 1 reason that a human has to exist: a sense of enjoyment created by the brain. So I’d say you’re correct.

P.S. in actuality there are no reasons, but we create that singular reason because our brains have the capability to form thoughts about reality, and knowledge of the sensation of enjoyment.

Reactions: artfossil