Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
The Appstore is run by Apple allegedly for such a reason? Where are users supposed to get an app on iOS other than from the Appstore? If you say "But a malicious software or websites can simulate the Appstore," well then tricking users to click a hardware button should be a child's play.
The behavior is consistent for all Apple Pay transactions, which is what “get” is.

In other words, it’s the same interaction on an app, on the web, and even in iMessages.

Anything else, as you are suggesting, would be inconsistent.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
By the video screenshot, I won't be watching, but no I don't think the X is a user experience nightmare. Some things to clean up? Sure. Nightmare? No, I love the experience.

Reactions: bruinsrme

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
By the video screenshot, I won't be watching, but no I don't think the X is a user experience nightmare. Some things to clean up? Sure. Nightmare? No, I love the experience.

Nightmare is switching to my iPad. Nothing works, I’m swiping left right up and down and it’s not behaving not to mention lift to unlock.

Maybe I’m a simpleton but most of the new methods seem to be habit after 9 or so days

Reactions: DNichter

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
yup, should be called "double click side button"
I feel like the animation makes it pretty clear. I didn’t hesitate at all after seeing it the first time. Aside from the initial “huh? well this is new...” moment. It was surprising, but very clear.

I’m honestly surprised so many people are having a hard time figuring out what to do.

Reactions: PeLaNo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.