iPhone X Iphone x vs Galaxy s8 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gaprofitt, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68000

BugeyeSTI

Note 8 has a new issue. Not widespread or dangerous but, just shows batteries can cause issues regardless of manufacturer.
    Some Samsung Note 8 owners are experiencing battery issues - Cult of Mac https://apple.news/AJvHyYtBSRVSpqmgjjOFSBw

2. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

I did see this earlier. I don’t have my note 8 anymore.

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68000

BugeyeSTI

I’m an Apple guy and love my X but the Galaxy 8, 8+ and Note 8 are beautiful phones..

4. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

One thing I was worried about with the Galaxy's was how fragile they seemed to be. I have read a few reports about the Note 8/S8 cracking in pockets, etc, which was a little concerning. I think this all revolves around the rounded edges of the Note/S8 that make the design more susceptible to it. Have you had any issues OP? I know no matter how much I try, my phones take a tumble here and there, figured with the X I would be safer in that respect. Hell, I dropped my X (with a minimal case) twice just yesterday onto hard wood floor from a high height and it survived unscathed, color me impressed

5. coney718 macrumors regular

Had the S8 for a few months. Got it mostly for the design and screen. Loved it at first, thought I would never go back but here I back using my 6s+. Its telling that my 2 year old 6s+ is smoother and performs even better in some areas than the S8. Like I said it was great at first but then the usual Samsung/Android quirks started. UI hiccups and stutters, apps crashing, etc. Also the longer I was with android the more I appreciated the App store and iOS apps in general which are higher quality compared to the Android versions. Lastly, the curved screen, while pretty, was very hard to protect and caused glare when watching videos. All and all a great device it just wasn't for me. Will be upgrading to the X soon.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
    My friend and one of my co-workers both cracked their S8's since they had it. Both of them said it was the first time they ever cracked a phone. Yes its very fragile even with a case.

6. Mojopin, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

Interesting, I think I made the right choice with the X, hearing and seeing the more fragile nature of the Galaxy infinite screens. Even though it may not happen to me, just another thing I'd rather not have to worry about happening.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I have an iPhone X, but it is really time to move on from the Note 7 history.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Yea cause we hear reports of Samsun devices exploding every day :rolleyes:

9. roshnisharma2220 macrumors newbie

roshnisharma2220

I would choose Galaxy S8 instead of Iphone!

Since it comes with an Android OS, it helps me to use as many apps I want. There are tons of applications that we can easily use on Android for better productivity, and enhancements.

For galaxy S8 users, use this list- http://androidcure.com/top-apps-samsung-galaxy-s8-plus/ to find out some useful apps to get started with your phone.

Cheers!

10. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

Exactly how I feel.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018 ---
    Same problem I have although I am not too wrapped in the eco system. I miss apples simplicity and the Apple Watch.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018 ---
    All that can perceived as unique cool even but me personally I do not see a need to sync my photos and apps and everything to multiple devices or with family members.

Wish I could find a use for all those things and find my friends and all that stuff makes the iPhone a very sociable device, but not something I need.

11. mib1800 macrumors 68030

The X is as fragile as S8/S8+. To think otherwise is just waiting for a crack screen to happen. And which cost TWICE as much to repair compared to S8. Go figure.