iPhone X vs S9

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Thierry ba, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Lol, I didn't notice your signature til you mentioned it,... And your are right. Looks like Apple fandom to me but that's ok by me. Use what you like whether it's one or the other or both. But if you like Android, then why don't you buy them?

2. The Game 161, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018

The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I have in fairness I’ve had

S5
    S6
    S7 edge
    Note 4
    Note 5

I’ve been tempted several times to get a pixel and even note 8 last year.

Just hard for me to justify having two phones given the price.

I will look at note 9 and pixel 3 again in the fall most likely but I will be getting the next iPhone no matter what due to my annual upgrade

3. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

4. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

5. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

Hahaha, so you only read page 5? How about read the other 4 pages. It isn't about just that one person with instagram. It is many having issues with any app. You need stop with the insults. How about you actually read it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8/844967-starting-lag.html

6. Michael Goff Suspended

Michael Goff

I just read the original post and they mentioned the phone freezing up if they go to the home screen in the middle of a call.

7. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Thats right I haven't read the others. Also tell me what kind of insult did I say? There were no insults in my previous response.

8. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

Don't tell someone to not throw a claim like that if you NEVER EVEN READ THE POST fully.

9. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I read the link he sent I didnt see it was a thread with more posts. The other issues show in the first posts.

10. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

If you are buying a Samsung and you don’t own any Apple products, then you will be more than satisfied with it, but if you are like me and own three other Apple devices (MacPro, iMac, iPad mini 2), then stick with the iPhone. Integration and handoff among Apple products is near perfect.

11. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

Agreed. I have a MBP, iPad Pro, and iPhone X. imessage intergration, photos when taken on any device, and all the other stuff sync up nicely! I could never get that to work well with Android. That is why my work phone is Android so I can get that side of things to play with. I just wish the X had a bigger screen.

12. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Really? Works great for me. Of course I'm talking about with other Android devices for which I have a Phone and Tablet. Those sync up great. Pictures don't always sync to my Windows 10 PC on OneDrive but I'm not that concerned since they all get saved on Google Photos ..which gives you unlimited space,unlike Apple.

13. mib1800 Suspended

iPhone is so darn boring.
    UI is from 10 years ago with little change except for icon.

14. Michael Goff Suspended

Michael Goff

No excuses meant, but I find the UI to be functional.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

16. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

You just said that pictures don’t always sync. So that is a demerit from smooth integration. Also, can you answer your phone on all your devices? I can answer my phone on any iOS device I have even my ancient iPad mini2.

17. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yeah, with Windows OneDrive. Windows apps don't work well with anything. It syncs most of the time but not all the time. Does it Everytime with Google photos on all Android devices and my iPad
    And I don't have cell service on my tablet, just wifi but i can use it to call on hangouts.

18. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I don’t have cell service on my iPad either but when my iPhone rings and it is not close buy, I can answer on my iPad, my MacBook Pro or my iMac. Can you do that on your devices?

19. Vegastouch, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

No but, so what? If I wanted to make calls with my tablet I would of got the one with carrier service. Other than a phone I only have a tablet. Well 2 tablets,.... a recently purchased iPad.
    As stated my PC and laptop are Windows, which I really like but don't use their apps much. Just a small handfull.

20. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

The point is to have full integration with all the devices. My post said that no company achieves this better than Apple. You objected to that. Clearly, your devices don’t integrate together as well as Apple devices do. Because you can’t get calls on your laptop, your tablet and your desktop. That proves my point that Apple is best at integrating its devices together. That is why we stay in the Apple ecosystem.

21. mib1800 Suspended

What you talking about?

I can do all these with my s8+

22. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Apparently, Vegastouch cannot receive calls on his tablet or computers. Is that something native to your computer or are you using an app that will allow you to answer your phone on your laptop?

23. mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

24. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

That can be argued both ways. Seems with every Android phone review, the home screen looks the same. Nothing wrong with that. It's signature UI for each & I don't see a need for drastic changes for either of them.

25. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

The difference is that with Android you can make the home screen etc look whatever you want, unlike iOS where you have a grid of icons that cover your own wallpaper.