Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I like iJustine but not for her looks as my wife is fit and I don’t need an internet obsession lol, but seriously I like her enthusiasm and enjoy the lack of geekiness about her reviews. I like MKBHD too for the no nonsense straight to the point reviews in bullet point form almost. I get bored when reviewers go into too much depth about speeds and screen quality as it doesn’t overly interest me beyond the user experience.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
MKBHD is the one i really take seriously, Dieter Bohn a close second. iJustine gets too excited and it can become tiring to watch. But i understand she's just 'nerding' out.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
You are not alone. iJustine relies on her looks hoping you will ignore her poor reviews. Another reviewer I don't like is that Sara Peachy. The way she talks in that halting manor drives me insane. I ignore most youtuber reviews who are in apples back pocket. You will not get an honest review of the product from these people. Unfortunately, many people only wish to hear good things about apple products.
I’ve only seen one video by Sara Peachy but I didn’t really like her. She came across as quite smug and condescending. I do like ijustine though. She is so sweet and excitable. You can’t not like her.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And the point of that was......?????

I didn’t create this thread to discuss iJustine so don’t know why you posted the link?
Seems like quite a few posts started discussing that (which wasn't what this thread was about, as you yourself mentioned) so I provided a link to where that kind of discussion was already happening.

Reactions: Raist3001

TreRep

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
Venice, ITALY
Make sure you visit St. Mark's Square in Venice before it sinks into the sea. It's a sea of tourists and a sea of pigeons all at once!

Hi from venice

Attachments

• A03A50D3-BD4C-4770-9A68-B6AC09902253.jpeg
    A03A50D3-BD4C-4770-9A68-B6AC09902253.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 179

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Am I the only one that can’t stand Justine? Can’t watch more than 5 seconds into her videos.

I don’t really consider iJustine to be a viable YouTube reviewer for iPhones, she tends to be more partial to everything Apple and gushes more about the products then anything else. I think their a lot more well-balanced YouTubers than her, even though she does have a nice presentation with the XR, it just seems unbalanced because she is very biased towards Apple, which is perfectly fine, but I like to see both sides of use when it comes to Apple products, that means the ‘Good and bad’ with respect to the XR.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don’t really consider iJustine to be a viable YouTube reviewer for iPhones, she tends to be more partial to everything Apple and gushes more about the products then anything else. I think their a lot more well-balanced YouTubers than her, even though she does have a nice presentation with the XR, it just seems unbalanced because she is very biased towards Apple, which is perfectly fine, but I like to see both sides of use when it comes to Apple products, that means the ‘Good and bad’ with respect to the XR.
Not much substance at all. I get the enthusiasm but, I can’t watch her videos because of the main issue you spoke of. She is eye candy for the hormonal boys. I appreciate beauty but I need some geek too.

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Here is a great one week review. The Xr portrait shots really don’t look very nice. They really exaggerate the image due to the lens used. This would be a no go for me. Posting for others thinking of buying. Get all the details to make an informed buy. If money is truly an issue, then this is the best phone hands down. I would pick one up.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
The colors look really nice, definitely a premium phone. I couldn't do the bezels and screen, but I expect it's just fine for most. Apple should sell a ton of these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.