iPhone XR iPhone XR, XS or XS Max

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD1984, Jan 6, 2019.

?

Which iPhone?

1. XR

39 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. XS

23 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. XS Max

36 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. winglet69 macrumors member

winglet69

I have a 6S and I am super-happy with it. Screen is so bright, blacks look black and it does WhatsApp and Mail as fast as the Max. It's true though, I can't shoot F1 races at midnight with it so I better upgrade right away.

Really about the only difference is I still have about 1400USD in my pocket that I really really need to spend.

Please help with my decision lol.

2. Wide opeN macrumors 6502a

Wide opeN

I will say that Stainless Steel seems to be a much better fit for glass as opposed to Aluminum.

3. AlexJoda macrumors 6502

AlexJoda

The extra 1 GB of RAM will be mostly used up for the higher resolution of the Xs Max. So it will not be usable for the phone itself and did not make more future proof.....
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    Most of the people I know including me are using a case or a bumper with these super expensive phones. So the metal is not visible.....

4. tt061282 macrumors regular

tt061282

I personally prefer the XR. I'm not saying it's better or blah blah, but it's holds its own. I will never use my Max again.

5. willentrekin macrumors regular

willentrekin

What do you have now? Do you like it? How does it feel in your hand and to use? What do you use it for? Have you gone to a store to see the new ones in person?

Regardless of what you answer to all of the above questions you should go buy the XS Max. Reason? Because I said so! ;)

6. Jetcat3 macrumors 6502

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I initially bought a Xs, but found the keyboard too small after years of using plus-sized phones. My wife and older daughter have Xr's and I considered switching to a Xr, but in side-by-side comparisons, I thought the OLED Xs screen was just too good to give up, so I sold my Xs and bought a Xs Max a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with my decision.

8. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

Why will you never use your max again?

9. naturalguy macrumors member

Xs for me (I came from android) Xr is inferior and the Max was too big for me

10. scubatopy macrumors newbie

scubatopy

No, I don't regret, due to the wrong size. I tried it and it 's way too large.
    My way of thinking is the perfect phone for me doesn't exist. I'll fix the gap with the Olloclip Kit, which contains also extra lenses for wide, macro & so on. I used some reflex and am used to switch the lenses .

11. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

I still can’t decide for the life of me I got both to play around with at home. The max is definitely heavier. But for my business the camera is important using the 2X optical zoom.

Attached Files:

12. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Max still very smooth and generally ver happy with it. Peformance wise has stayed as good as at the start but that’s always been my experience with my iPhones.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You just made your decision, if the telephoto camera is that much more important for you in terms of conducting business, then clearly the only model to offer that is the Max.

14. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

Is there antenna issues with the XR?
    I have Verizon and it has dropped numerous of calls on me.

15. Rodneyp macrumors newbie

I have Verizon and signal has been better. Areas that I used to drop in are no longer a issue. Bad Sim maybe?

16. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

Do you have an XR also?

17. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Upgraded from the 7 plus to the XS today, and it’s a beauty. I missed the smaller form factor.

18. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

Not the the Max just the regular XS?

19. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Correct. Screen size is bigger than the 7+ and it takes up less space in my pocket. The only thing that’s weird is watching videos, it’s either squeezed in the center of the sceeen or stretched out and cut off. But I’d have the issue with the Max too

20. Rodneyp macrumors newbie

Yes

21. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

Just curious why won’t you use your Max again?

22. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

I got the max and I’ve made the best choice imo.

Largest display
    OLED and higher resolution than the Xr
    3D Touch
    Dual lens camera
    Stainless steel and glass
    Gold
    IP68 rating

23. JD1984 thread starter macrumors member

What case did you get?
    Being a woman do you find it bulky in your hands, can you use it one handed?
    Worried about it fitting in pockets of my jeans.

24. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I think you’ll get the best value for money with an XR as it’s 95% the same phone as the XS and you’ll have enough cash left nearly for an Apple Watch Series 4. It looks like a great phone when I’ve tested it and has the new form factor if that’s your thing.

25. Shanghaichica, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

I’ve got a crystal clear spigen case and the apple pink sand silicone case but I’ve been mostly using thre spigen case. I’ve had so many big phones in the past (All the plus iPhones, 4 galaxy note phones) that the size doesn’t phase me at all. I’m used to it and one handed use is pretty easy for me even standing up on a packed train.