Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robm001

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD

Apple is now accepting pre-orders for the new iPhone XS and XS Max models through its online storefront and through the Apple Store app.

Available in 5.8 and 6.5-inch screen sizes, the iPhone XS and XS Max feature super sharp edge-to-edge OLED displays with support for Dolby Vision, HDR 10, and Wide Color.

f1536773956-800x500.jpg

Design wise, the new smartphones look like the iPhone X with stainless steel frames and glass bodies, but there's a new gold color option, improved IP68 waterproofing, and the internals have been upgraded. The new iPhones are equipped with the A12, which is faster and more efficient than the A11.

Face ID unlocking is faster than before, and the dual-lens camera system has been upgraded with a bigger sensor for sharper, crisper photos in low light, plus there's a new Smart HDR feature that brings out more detail in images and a new Depth Control option that allows for adjustable depth of field.

iphonexsdesign-800x704.jpg

Pre-orders are available in first wave launch countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

All of the major U.S. carriers -- Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile -- are accepting pre-orders for the new devices, as are many other carriers around the world. Major online retailers including Best Buy and Target are also accepting pre-orders starting today.

iphonexsmaxfront-800x457.jpg

Pricing on the iPhone XS begins at $999 for 64GB of storage, with 256GB of storage priced at $1149 and 512GB of storage priced at $1349. iPhone Upgrade Program customers will be able to get the iPhone XS starting at $49.91 per month.

Pricing on the iPhone XS Max begins at $1099 for 64GB of storage, with 256GB of storage priced at $1249 and 512GB of storage priced at $1449. iPhone Upgrade Customers will be able to purchase the iPhone XS Max starting at $54.08 per month.

iphonexscoloroptions-800x577.jpg

In the United States, customers can purchase iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max models from any of the four major carriers using Apple's site, or choose a SIM-free version. That SIM-free models are available suggests supplies are plentiful, but it's still always a good idea to place orders early.

Customers who successfully place an order for launch day delivery can expect to begin receiving their devices starting on Friday, September 21, the official launch date for the iPhone XS and XS Max.

Article Link: iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Now Available for Pre-Order

Dephtones

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
Awesome experience. Checked out within maybe 15 seconds of seeing it available to order.

hootiefan7

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
Least stress order yet. Xs gold 64GB delivers 21st. Have the feeling demand may not be as high. The XR will be I bet.

Jando2020

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018

Apple is now accepting pre-orders for the new iPhone XS and XS Max models through its online storefront and through the Apple Store app.

Available in 5.8 and 6.5-inch screen sizes, the iPhone XS and XS Max feature super sharp edge-to-edge OLED displays with support for Dolby Vision, HDR 10, and Wide Color.

f1536773956-800x500.jpg

Design wise, the new smartphones look like the iPhone X with stainless steel frames and glass bodies, but there's a new gold color option, improved IP68 waterproofing, and the internals have been upgraded. The new iPhones are equipped with the A12, which is faster and more efficient than the A11.

Face ID unlocking is faster than before, and the dual-lens camera system has been upgraded with a bigger sensor for sharper, crisper photos in low light, plus there's a new Smart HDR feature that brings out more detail in images and a new Depth Control option that allows for adjustable depth of field.

iphonexsdesign-800x704.jpg

Pre-orders are available in first wave launch countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

All of the major U.S. carriers -- Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile -- are accepting pre-orders for the new devices, as are many other carriers around the world. Major online retailers including Best Buy and Target are also accepting pre-orders starting today.

iphonexsmaxfront-800x457.jpg

Pricing on the iPhone XS begins at $999 for 64GB of storage, with 256GB of storage priced at $1149 and 512GB of storage priced at $1349. iPhone Upgrade Program customers will be able to get the iPhone XS starting at $49.91 per month.

Pricing on the iPhone XS Max begins at $1099 for 64GB of storage, with 256GB of storage priced at $1249 and 512GB of storage priced at $1449. iPhone Upgrade Customers will be able to purchase the iPhone XS Max starting at $54.08 per month.

iphonexscoloroptions-800x577.jpg

In the United States, customers can purchase iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max models from any of the four major carriers using Apple's site, or choose a SIM-free version. That SIM-free models are available suggests supplies are plentiful, but it's still always a good idea to place orders early.

Customers who successfully place an order for launch day delivery can expect to begin receiving their devices starting on Friday, September 21, the official launch date for the iPhone XS and XS Max.

Article Link: iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Now Available for Pre-Order

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Wow, I’m not sure if it’s the same situation as last year, but T-Mo Max models slipped fast.

Ordered my AW at 3:03 and immediately after checked the Max just for the heck of it. 256GB had already slipped to October. A minute later and the other configurations followed suit.

Edit: I stand corrected- Gold is still available for launch day delivery in all sizes.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Anyone else call citizens one yesterday to make their 12th payment? I did and when I completed my Pre-order just now it still said I was going to have an early upgrade payment. Sure as hell hope I didn’t essentially make that payment twice! Any ideas?

Mac Tyson

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
I was able to order but haven’t received email confirmation and Apple Store app not showing any orders...

Did you all get email confirmation afterwards?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Plenty of supply. Apple has this figured out. Good night. I got my phone and watch orders in

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Xs Max SG 256GB and matching Series 4 Watch with LTE ordered for Sept 21 delivery. Easy peasy.

trailrunner

macrumors member
May 3, 2009
Super easy pre-order (so long as you did the setup before hand). With the iPhone upgrade program and pre-approval taken care of, I checked out in about 10 seconds. I had to think twice since it was so fast. Kudos to Apple for getting down to a science!

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
ummm wow... in and out. The fastest I've ever ordered an iPhone on launch day.

Marzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2002
The Desert
Done! XS Max 256 Space Grey at 12:01 PDT thru the Apple Store App on my current iPhone; the website was still saying "Almost There"

carlos916

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Done got through very quick .. was able to go back and check via AppStore app and noticed i could of opted to do a pick up vs delivered option.. .. welp now we wait..order placed at 12:01am and received confirmation email shortly after for delivery on Friday Sept 21st.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.