Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torq

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Worked fine for me, updated via an iMac.

Worked fine for my wife, updated via a Dell/Windows 7.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Bricked my i4, no matter what I did on my imac I could do anything with it, reloaded it on my macbook and that did it. Had the same thing happen with the last 3.whatever update on my 3gs, had to drive all the way to atlantic city to get them to fix it.

SForester88

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Bricked!

My i4 extracted the new software fine...then it threw up and error once the blue bar finished loading after the extraction! It put my phone into restore mode so i tried a restore update and it failed. I eventually just settled for 4.0 and it worked fine! WTF???????

Chetoc230

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
download took about 10 min, install took about 5.

i dont know why people are having issues. worked fine here.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Bricked here as well.

Error 1004 over and over. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes after removing all traces of it from my system. I've downloaded the firmware file from two different places (not counting iTunes).

What a joke this whole thing has become. I get to dig out my old clock radio because I need an alarm clock and I don't have any more time to deal with this **** tonight.

:mad:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yes. It bricked everyone. Jesus.

Robweiser

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
I'm bricked with an unknown error. RecBoot doesn't do diddly to exit Recover mode except tell me it's "exiting."

So, I called CNBC. They're installing a live webcam in my house to show 24/7 feed of my bricked iPhone 4 at the bottom of their broadcasts. Now that the BP oil leak has stopped, they needed another fiasco to cover.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I'm bricked with an unknown error. RecBoot doesn't do diddly to exit Recover mode except tell me it's "exiting."

So, I called CNBC. They're installing a live webcam in my house to show 24/7 feed of my bricked iPhone 4 at the bottom of their broadcasts. Now that the BP oil leak has stopped, they needed another fiasco to cover.

You should probably get in touch with your congressmen too. They should write some letters.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
4.0.1 Update

I know earlier in the day there were tons of problems with downloading the update. Was it because everyone was doing it at the same time.

I figured I would wait a bit when when there would be less traffic.

Has anyone has problems downloading it in the last hour or so?

dude-x

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2007
New York City
My iphone bricked with error -9. I tried 3 other PC's and still got error 9. I take it to the Apple Store in Fifth Avenue, and the tech told me that their low level reset program failed, so I got a new iPhone 4 to replace my bricked one.

Now if I can figure out how to restore my previous backup...

jarvijarv

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008
SoCal
Took about an hour to download then install thru iTunes on my MacMini. No brick, no probs. I made a late night emergency call on my newly upgraded iPhone 4 for a couple of minutes....again no probs, didn't even pay attention to the bars. :D

Leatherman

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2010
All done and dusted in 14 mins, without a hitch, one would get worried sometimes reading these forums!

Down one bar. And that's it!? It'll be interesting to see what Apple have to say later.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Having read the tales of woe and various problems associated with 4.0.1, I must admit to a bit of fingers crossing whilst updating my 'phone!

However, all went well :)

It just goes to show that you never want to believe all you read in various fora! ;)

andycrap

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Had a problem where 4.01 destroyed my camera roll thumbnails, all i had was 1 big black thumbnail (must have missed with the hammer whilst forcing the update in :eek: ) I tried power off and on and also full power off by holding home button and power button. Nothing would fix it, I then just deleted all my pictures from phone whilst connected to pc and took a few test pics and all seems fine now.

Andy.

Iphone 4

Hunter109

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2008
I had the same issues earlier. I had to use recboot as well. Apparently a lot of people are having the problem. You wouldnt think it would happen on brand new iphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.