ipod classic plays no longer stereo

Discussion in 'iPod' started by carino, Oct 5, 2018.

1. carino macrumors newbie

Hi, My iPod ( 160GB) plays no longer stereo, it's not the headphones, I discovered that after I tried several new ones… All of a sudden I only hear a mono sound, what can it be? Thanks for your kind help!

2. zedhed macrumors newbie

Probably the headphone jack. Spares can be found on ebay from Chinese sellers. Opening an iPod Classic, though, is difficult. Check out iFixIt.com for instructions.

3. Thilus macrumors newbie

Did you try to clean the headphone jack? I had some problems with the jack on my iPhone 5s. After a careful cleaning with a pair of tweezers it worked like on day one.

4. carino thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I found a place in Holland that can repair it for around 35 euros! But not in Belgium... It is the headphone jack, I cleaned it many times with little brusch for between teeth and I vacuum cleaned it softly, but the problem is in the contact. When I put the headphones only 1/2 in the iPod then I hear stereo, but with the slightest movement it turn int mono.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2018 ---
    I cleaned it many times with little brusch for between teeth and I vacuum cleaned it softly, the problem is in the contact. When I put the headphones only 1/2 in the iPod then I hear stereo, but with the slightest movement it turn into mono.