Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
For some people owning a dog is a fad (Paris?)
For some adopting a child is a fad (Brangelina?)
For others these actions are cherished permanent parts of their lives.
And the iPod can be both as well.

vespagirl

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Connecticut
If iPods are a fad, then I'll continue enjoying my status as a trendwhore, and I predict that status will have a long shelf life.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
This is the first time I've heard the Zune Halo 3 model being "slick". Yey I'd love an endorsed MP3 player :rolleyes:

Course the iPod isn't perfect. I've had to spend more to make it what I want (3rd party dock with better connections, radio etc). iTunes compatibility puts the 'pod above everything else IMO. Infact the best MP3 player I used up until my Shuffle and iPod Video was my i-Bead 100 (128mb, FM radio, necklace design) for the portability and battery life.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
You guys all realize that the who original post was just set up so you click the link and watch the video of "never going to give you up" by Rick Astley, it's called being rickrolled.

The act of following a link which you believe to be a subject of interest for you but instead links you to a video of Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up.

But, it's even better that we have 5 pages of people who obviously didn't click the link or get the joke even after the original poster replied a few times asking people to click the link and read the article.

The ipod is clearly not a fad, that's why it is so funny. Check out the ipod sales numbers over the last few years, obviously the original post was a joke:

Ipod sales numbers: http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2007/tc20040527_8900_tc056.htm

swampfox

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2007
Louisiana
Glfpraxis is dead on. Even if the zune wasn't a peice of trash, itunes kills the zune marketplace with shere amount of songs and movies offered:apple:

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
It's probably the most successful fad ever, then: 6 years and 100 million iPods? Normally fads are done in 6 months to a year.

-=|Mgkwho

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
iPod is just a fad to be honest...

You honestly DO NOT know the meaning of fad if you think the iPod is a fad.

fad [fad] noun
a temporary fashion; a craze, interest or activity that (some) people follow enthusiastically, but lasts for a short period of time

Linky

The iPod isn't a fad, and I relate that to how many have been sold and is the popularity dropping dramatically?

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
and YOU obviously are not observant enough to actually click on the link in the original post, are you? you could not even have read post #81, just above, which explains exactly what this thread is about.

Ummmm, I really think it was you who completely missed the point of my post.... I think the subtle irony of my post was lost on you, I saw the link I was just adding fire the the "fad" fire, spure on the masses ;). Obviously you were not observant enough to see what my post was about.

This is a fad thread, here this week and we wont remember it come next week.

fabianjj

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2007
your american copyright laws are so ****ed up. I mean, let's say someone bought a book and then wrote down a page from it and put in his notepad, should that be a crime? It's basically the same thing with DVDs. theese things have all been legal until the digital age when it became easy for everyone to do

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.