iPod Nano and iPod Touch Dimensions Revealed?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 3, 2008.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iLounge claims to have dimensions of the new iPod Nano and iPod Touch which are expected to be released at next week's September 9th media event.

The new iPod Nano resembles circulating rumors, though the front display does not appear to be as curved as previously depicted. Case manufacturer XSKN is already selling cases for the 4th Generation nano which match the design.

[​IMG]

The new iPod Touch will be receiving a tapered design much like the new iPhone 3G. The new case appears to be slightly thicker than the existing iPod Touch and also reveals physical volume controls which are absent on the current iPod Touch.

Apple is expected to release these new iPods on September 9th, 2008.

Article Link

2. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

Looks entirely credible. Looking forward to the iTouch.

3. Desamell Guest

It's iPod TOuch not iTouch that really makes me mad when people say iTouch they sound like idiots who don't know anything about technology.

4. muldul macrumors 6502

I will so get another touch if it looks like the iPhone 3G

5. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I'll be jealous of the physical volume controls on the iPod Touch.

6. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

oh man when I heard the new volume controls on the new iPod Touch I got excited..... hopefully theres a lot more then just an iphone case along with physical buttons....

new colors? (besides black and white)

7. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

i personally like the idea of the new nanos - i still think the current gen would be the best for running/exercise and will keep mine for that but for video (and its increasingly moving that way media wise) then the 'next' gen looks not only sensible but good

8. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

It's iPod touch not iPod Touch. [/being pedantic] :p

10. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

well most the people i know who call it an iTouch are around 13-15 years old... so theres your answer...

lol, same here. It needed to be added from the start. But Steve wanted a clean side. Well, the iphone has a clean side and it has the buttons...

Wonder what the buttons will be made out of? Chrome or aluminum?

11. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

idiots possibly is a bit strong, i think its fair to say that if something is first post on something like this then they are eagerly lookin at this site and prob a strong mac person and know something about technology

i personally don't think its worth the flame - d:apple:

12. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

It makes sense Apple would want the iPod Touch to match the 3G iPhone to emphasize the brand, just as the original did with the iPhone. It also makes it easier for accessory makers to create cross-platform accessories.

13. syndalis macrumors regular

physical volume buttons are a nice addon to the touch... though I wonder why they had to make it slightly thicker to accommodate that.

Perhaps they needed more room in the case to house 64 gigs + a bigger battery?

14. mca7 macrumors member

YEAH! Good call Desamell. Screw all people who don't know anything about technology. Why do they even post on these boards? It really makes me mad. Way to call out that nut job and correct him! We need more people like you on these boards! Keep up the great work!

15. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I agree. People saying iTouch instead of iPod touch is a pet peeve of mine.

16. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

Egads! :eek:

17. akira2501 macrumors regular

thicker

Since it is thicker, it better have a lot more memory as a trade off. Also it may have true gps and some other features since it is bulking up. I personally like the slimmer design, but will take the slightly thicker one as long as it is a major rehaul. 80211.n would be nice as well.

18. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68020

ryanwarsaw

Why would you get mad at what somebody calls an iPod?

19. mca7 macrumors member

Whoops! I was so busy commending Desamell that I forgo to comment on the new design. I really hope that isn't the new nano design. It just looks like a zune. And I could care less about the iTouch, I mean iPod Touch. Seems like a waste of time to do a redesign on it unless they can cram more flash drives in there.

20. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Hmm, the new iPT looks pretty good. I'd like to know what the capacities are tho. :)

21. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

If the iPhone doesn't have it, then the iPod Touch won't.

Though I do wonder why the iPhone doesn't, since 802.11n is something Apple pushes across their Mac line... I would think somebody makes an 802.11n chipset that would fit.

22. drb6 macrumors regular

shoot, looks like there will be a redesign like I'd hoped :eek: now I can't resist buying the new one. Was hoping not much would change, so I could easily buy a refurb 1st gen. Oh well, more credit card points :D

23. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

I still like the old iphone back. was very clean professional looking. but so is the new one. Hopefully the touch will add more colors and may be a Product {RED} verson.....

It may as well be the same size as the iphone to. Like You said, accessory makers can make one product that will fit both. Cut back on production costs and save money and offer it a bit cheeper for cousmers.

its not that its just the fact they call it an itouch. read the responces above to see why

24. drb6 macrumors regular

Or for more profits

25. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68020

ryanwarsaw

You have the right to get mad at whatever you want and I guess you don't have to justify it to me.

Back on topic....

New iPods will be cool and all but unless they basically re-invent the wheel I am not buying anything. I already have the best iPod there is which is the iPhone.

They did say they were taking a hit on profits this quarter to develop new tech that others couldn't compete with. With those sort of claims they had better come out with something other than redesigned cases or their stock will plunge down the toilet.