Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008

It was literally the worst ad I’ve ever seen. How anyone with a modicum of sense could have approved it is astonishing. Actually makes me not want to buy this tool and I greatly wanted to buy a new iPad for my work before it. Very odd. Hoping to just forget about it.
I love the ad. 🤷‍♂️ I'm not a "creative" though so maybe my opinion is worth less than "creatives". It's impactful, colorful, symbolic, and visually stunning. I don't generally like many ads, but I like this one.

Last edited:

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
I've never seen an iPod nano in person but is it thinner than the iPod touch 5/6/7?

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Is it actually good to be as thin as a tiny little pocketable iPod?

One could argue the iPP has become too thin for comfort and ergonomics .. and in proportion to its overall size

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
NOW, it comes to light! We finally find out why they had that white rectangle on the iPod Nano’s… so they could pull off this little trick. We’re onto you, Timmy!

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
The spirit of Jony Ive lives on at Apple.
Also proves that they have run out of ideas on how to take the iPad form factor in a new direction. Wouldn't be surprised if the next generation's biggest selling point is switching from aluminum to titanium just because they need something different about it besides its brain.

• Love
Reactions: Dj64Mk7 and -DMN-

cuiver

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2020
Are we sincerely losing sleep over the thickness of 3 stacked sheets of common office paper? C'mon...

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
This lack of compatibility is just impossible to understand. I understand that a new iPad will not support all features of an old pencil, but it must support all old functions.
It might be a simple hardware feature. If Apple have moved the magnets then there is no way for it to stick and charge to the old models.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Okay, that's just cheating - their comparison photo shows the iPod being taller (thicker) largely because of some sort of clip or protuberance - but the iPad's camera bump is nowhere to be seen - the iPad is face down with the camera bump out of frame, so that the iPad lays flat.

Reactions: Crow_Servo

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Apple said during the presentation that they redesigned the Apple Pencil magnetic connector so they could fit the camera and FaceID sensors in the side bezel.
Annoying, but makes sense to me.
This lack of compatibility is just impossible to understand. I understand that a new iPad will not support all features of an old pencil, but it must support all old functions.

_z_

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2020
They're marketing the product wrong in my view. Do people really care about it being that thin when it was already pretty thin? I think that puts the focus on "look how much battery life we took away from you!", whereas what they should be marketing is how *light* it is, which is just a result of being thin.

SnowCrocodile

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2022
SouthEast of Northern MidWest
I have a 2022 11” iPad Pro (I believe that’s a 3rd gen ?) and I feel that it was a royal waste of money.

I don’t care about differences in screen quality or speakers vs the base iPad, certainly not enough to pay almost double. And iPadOS is there to ensure that all those great specs are there for nothing and can’t really be useful.

My next tablet will be either the base iPad or an Android.

Reactions: th0masp

_z_

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2020
I have a 2022 11” iPad Pro (I believe that’s a 3rd gen ?) and I feel that it was a royal waste of money.

I don’t care about differences in screen quality or speakers vs the base iPad, certainly not enough to pay almost double. And iPadOS is there to ensure that all those great specs are there for nothing and can’t really be useful.

My next tablet will be either the base iPad or an Android.
I've been happy with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 (and the S3) before that. It includes the pen with it and you can pick up a nice case much more economically than for iPads. It's a fraction of the cost (especially when on sale) and can have more storage with the microSD slot. The display isn't stunning, but it's serviceable. I do wish it weren't so heavy, though.

Edit: I will say there are some annoying software features, especially with the S-Pen, but they can be turned off, at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.