May 1, 2005
gwuMACaddict said:
:D i'd buy a nano in a heartbeat if they dropped the price by $50
I'd buy one of each color if they dropped the price by $150! :p

Comment

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Somehow I just don't see Apple cutting the price of the nano so soon. It would be like them admitting that it's a "flop". Maybe right after the holiday season, I could see it, after 3 months or so, right in the middle of a 6 month upgrade cycle... but, I have to agree that if the 4gb was $199 and the 3gb was down to $149 or $169 I'd probably get two rather than the one I am planning on.

Comment

Applespider

macrumors G4
Hang about - the initial production rate was 1 black to 8 white. The biggest demand is for black ones which are outselling by around 8 black to one white.

They got 1600 or so and have sold 200-500 which means they have run out of black and only have white left. So people will wait for the black ones to come back in again.

Given the level of interest around the table in Regent St and the numbers in the checkout line, I can't see sales being that poor! Perhaps Apple just got the stock quantities right for a change so that resellers won't have an 80% out of stock rate coming up to the holiday season.

Comment

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
iGary said:
Yeah, I saw that too and mentioned it in the Appleinsider forums. It's also up there in Amazon.com's listings. But in the retail segment it's off to a slow start. The Online Apple Store orders are not a good judge of the overall success of a product.

Comment

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jholzner said:
Yeah, I saw that too and mentioned it in the Appleinsider forums. It's also up there in Amazon.com's listings. But in the retail segment it's off to a slow start. The Online Apple Store orders are not a good judge of the overall success of a product.
The Annapolis store, right down the street from us, only got them in Saturday.

Saturday. :rolleyes:

Comment

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
As mentioned above, it sounds like the 4GB black nano is essentially sold out. Apple just needs to adjust production ratios. Also, most people probably just can't fathom the concept that a new Apple product might actually be in stores so soon, so they're waiting the traditional three months before they even look for it. ;)

Comment

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
iGary said:
The Annapolis store, right down the street from us, only got them in Saturday.

Saturday. :rolleyes:
That's a good point. I'll admit that after less than a week of "availabilty," trying to judge the success of a product is not very wise either.

Comment

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I'm not surprised more black nanos are being sold, the white is too much like the existing iPod, the black is a slightly "fresher" look.

Comment

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
I am taking appleinsiders news-bit with a grain of salt. This iPod is sooo sexy, everyone i see says i want one!!! I am getting one as soon as I have the monies and even my bro is thinking about getting one as soon as he has the monies. I went to the apple store here in Holland and they are only receiving theirs on Thursday...
I believe that we should just wait a month to see true values of how many of these guys got shipped.

Comment

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
vouder17 said:
I am taking appleinsiders news-bit with a grain of salt. This iPod is sooo sexy, everyone i see says i want one!!! I am getting one as soon as I have the monies and even my bro is thinking about getting one as soon as he has the monies. I went to the apple store here in Holland and they are only receiving theirs on Thursday...
I believe that we should just wait a month to see true values of how many of these guys got shipped.
not only that, just wait till november when the holiday shopping season starts, holy smokes, its going to be ridiculous

Comment

RooX

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2005
am i the only one who bought the black model soley because the white one has the ugly grey wheel? Apple really needs to color match the wheel of the ipods.

Comment

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Great, they are going to think everyone loves black electronics...

glossy black Macs, here we come. :rolleyes:

Comment

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
didnt really care about the color i just wanted the product. i would of been happy with the white one just as i am with the black one.....i better be happy with it, not nice picture if i wasn't.

MORE TIMES!

Comment

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
jsw said:
Also, most people probably just can't fathom the concept that a new Apple product might actually be in stores so soon, so they're waiting the traditional three months before they even look for it. ;)
Or, like me, waiting 4-6 weeks for some cases to start hitting the market.

Comment

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I have to take this lightly. It my school someone probobly talks about getting a new iPod once every 2 weeks. Now that the iPod nano has came out 2 people I have talked to have bought it and 2 people have them orderd then the rest wish they could have it.

Comment

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Flowbee said:
I sorta wish I would have been that smart :eek: The back isnt that bad becuase I have been mainly foucusing on keeping it clean but the front is horable. It has fine scratches in every way possible. Does anyone know how cleaner products work on the front and back of the nano?

Comment

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
Flowbee said:
that is a very valid point, the first thing i did when i got my 30gb photo was buy a case. and i am sure glad i did!

Comment

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Louisville, KY
My brother was at the Indianapolis Apple store on Saturday. The genius on staff told him they received a shipment of Nano's on Thursday morning and they were completely sold by Friday morning.

Comment

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
this is amazing. when the products are short people complain. now there's enough and they say sales are slow.

sales seem to be going fairly well in london. i know i picked mine up on thursday afternoon because i thought the initial stock would finish v. quickly (i.e. shuffles) but nope..

i think that for once apple has estimated right and produced enough.

Comment

esco

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2005
Hershey, PA
From my point of view, they didn't produce enough black ones. I ordered my black 4GB last wednesday with overnight delivery, and it still hasn't shipped :(.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.