ipod Touch 2011

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Woofie2010, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Woofie2010 macrumors member

Woofie2010

This is really early for any one to know, but does anyone have any idea about the ipod touch 5g with it feature a better camera or hardware, and will it look the same Just like the 2nd and 3rd Did

I need a new one, as my 2nd gen is getting anoying with buttons not work all the time.

I just rather wait and get the new new one and tease all my friends who got the 4th gen for xmas

I know its all the way in september

2. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Uh, when a refresh is over half a year away. I think your pretty safe to buy the current generation product. :rolleyes:

3. intip2 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

4. Panther71 macrumors regular

This way too early to start speculaing about the version of the iPod. Like every version, we won't know for sure until the next version is released next Sept.

5. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I expect bumped up specs. I don't know what else they could add (ok, maybe a blu-ray player... just kiddin'). When the iPhone 5 comes out take a look at how that differs from the iPhone 4. That will give you some clues as to how the iPod Touch 5 might differ from the iPod Touch 4.

6. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

I don't care about what the next generation of iPod Touch would be because I owned an iPod Touch 4, just like I owned a iPod nano and never care about the newest one.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

seriously, don't wait, or by then you may as well wait until the 2012 version. The refresh is 8 months away, just buy now. You won't be able to tease someone who got their device almost a year before you. They won't care because they have been enjoying theirs for a while, and you have just been waiting for something that most likely won't be all that different.

8. Drucifer macrumors regular

Before I answer tell us what you would like to see in the 5th Gen iPod Touch. What sort of features do you want to see added to the 4th Gen?

9. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

To be honest, this is what I expect:

1.0-1.2GHz processor
    512MB RAM
    Same retina display
    Possible 128GB
    Possibly bigger display (3.7"-3.8") on high end models
    Higher Res. Camera
    Redesign

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Once the iPhone 5 is released, it should give you a good idea.
    I would buy now, however.

11. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Holy shizzles!

You are already spectulating and talkign about the 5G?

I would hate to work for apple. I would have to think of all thes new things to put into new products.

What the heck does the 4g need? All I want for an upgrade is that when you tilt the screen you still get all the colors.

New camera. Bah.

My camera is fine, thank you very much.

12. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I expect the next touch to be 1/16" thick. Mostly just a plate of glass. Runs on static electricity and best in the winter. See-through screen so you can control by touching the etched back but see where your finger is and not have to leave fingerprints on the front. Only a web browser app installed, as all the other apps you want run from the web. :D

13. Corbin052198 macrumors 6502

Corbin052198

Well, if I had to guess, it would be this:

iPhone 5 - CDMA/GSM features = iPod Touch 5G

I doubt the camera will be updated, though. Apple did not touch the iPhone's camera until the iPhone 3GS, and then added the HD camera with the iPhone 4. They would probably wait for the prices to go down.

I think, if it was there, the killer feature would be 16 GB costing only as much as the current 8 GB.

14. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

But there is no current 16 GB.

15. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Why? They'll all be very happy with their touch and be enjoying it while you just got one. They'll tease you because you know how to operate none of the new touch's features.

16. Synthion macrumors regular

Buy now. But....

I want to see:
    Faster processor (A5?)
    Better Camera
    3g option(?)
    Matte-almunium back (like the iPad)

to spontaneously produce flying monkeys!

17. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

3G? I don't think so, but I think the Home button will be deleted.

18. forcetactic macrumors 6502

If you can wait and don't need it now, by all means wait. The next gen iPhone is rumored to have dual core processors/GPU so I'd assume the iPod touch will probably get it as well. Just a guess.

Then again if you can't wait, iPod touch 4g has only been out 4 months so I'd consider that a justified purchase. Anything past 6 months of release I'd personally consider iffy...

19. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

There will be no 3G, that would ruin the whole purpose of the iPod. If it had to be 3G then you might as well buy the iPhone. You have to pay AT&T for the 3G. (30 bucks a month I think)

Of course I do wish the 3G was free. I mean, the kindle has free 3G access. Why not the iPod? But the kindle is a whole nother brand, anyway. But I would like to see free 3G access because my WiFi router is broken.

20. old-wiz macrumors G3

The Kindle does not have free 3G access. On the Kindle the only thing 3G is used for is to download content, most of which you pay for. No one is going to offer free 3G access for web browsing.

21. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

I would appreciate a new design (like iPhone 4), better processor, retina. Oh, and 3G, but it wouldn't be free for sure.

22. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Jeah right you want 3g. Then get an iphone. You could as well ask for boot camp to double boot it into android.

23. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I would love to have a 3g ipod touch, but as others have said, it would cannibalize iphone sales.

24. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

If iPod Touch with 3G, that's would be mini-iPad or iPad nano

25. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector