iPod touch - Japan

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bunji, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Bunji macrumors newbie

I'm currently living in japan and i was wondering if anyone had got a ipod touch yet...i went into the Apple Store in Ginza and ask one of the floor staff and he said they don't know when they are coming in but when he said it he was sly as in they did have some out the back but anyway. as any body in japan got one yet.

2. Mr. B macrumors regular

I don't know, but I imagine that they'll get them in tomorrow.

All I know is that the first opportunity I get I'm going to head down to Ginza and check out the apple store.

I imagine that they'll definately have them by the first, but will probably have them in tomorrow.

Also I'm going to go to lemon cameras in Ginza. Seriously the best camera store in japan that I have found so far.

3. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

I ordered mine form the Apple Store Japan (English) and it ships tomorrow. I am guaranteed to have it on October 4th. I ordered on the 13th. Apple told me they have been shipping for weeks.

4. acaullier macrumors newbie

not yet seen

hi
    i will be trying my luck at Apple shop in Shibuya tomorrow. Maybe lunch time is a better chance to get one ?
    cant wait to play with this "8th wonder" :D

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

There was an article on Engadget that said that users in Japan and some other non English countries couldn't get their iTouches 'unlocked' by synching them with iTunes on non English PCs.

Apple was supposed to get a patch out by the end of the week to resolve it... meanwhile tons of sad Japanese Touch owners were lining up at Apple stores to get the device unlocked.

6. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Yamada Denki here already got a shipment in, but sold out. I am a little pissed as I pre-ordered my **** and I still don't have my shipping notification.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Apparently they've just released an update for iTunes Windows to fix this.

8. Bunji thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm going to head down to shinjuku, yodobashi camera at 10am and see if they have any because i got enough points to get like 10,000 Yen off but if they don't have any ill head to Ginza Apple

P.S when i went out last night they didn't have any

9. Bunji thread starter macrumors newbie

10. atil macrumors newbie

11. Porcinet macrumors newbie

Hi!
    This is my first post here on MacRumors... after beeing reading the site everyday for months.
    I'm living in Chiba and the iPod Touch was still not available in Yodobashi camera. I will try again tonight or this week-end.
    Any luck for anybody here?

12. altaprod macrumors regular

altaprod

Nagoya, not yet

I visited the Nagoya store today, but no Touch iPods in sight. There was a staff person giving a lecture on the iPod touch to one lonely audience member, however. :eek:

I'll check again tomorrow.

13. acaullier macrumors newbie

no IPT at Bic Camera nor Apple Store Shibuya

the staff couldnt say when they will have them in stock :(

14. cuztheyrefast macrumors newbie

I 'pre-ordered' from Apple a week and a half ago. Got a ship date of the 28th, then a couple days ago got an email saying mine would be shipped between the 5th and the 11th. I'm a little mad they gave me a quote of the 28th and then changed it.

Oh, and Sofmap doesn't have them either.

15. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

I was told that 100% my ipod shipped today, but I still have no tracking information. I ordered on the 13th and it makes me furious to see that everyone else has their ipods all over the world but us in Japan. Then every place I go and check on the touches, I get some idiot telling me they won't work on Windows. I told everyone of them that the problem was fixed today, but they don't want to listen. If I don't have my ipod by the 4th like I was guaranteed I will have a **** fit. I better get 20,000 Yen off. I leave for the Philippines next Monday for about a month and if I don't have this to play with I will want to kill someone at Apple Japan.

Also Apple did some shenanigans on the 26th and canceled my order, but when I called they promised it was not canceled, but because it is directly being shipped from "Overseas" (China) they track it differently.

16. asignal macrumors newbie

Went to the Apple store in Ginza and Bic Camera, I got a "not yet" and "no schedule" replies. What's taking them so long? :mad:

And when the touch(s) do come out, do I stand a chance getting one by walking in to one of the stores? or do I have to pre-order?

Thanks!:D

17. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Once they are in country you will be able to get them everywhere. Right now stock is low. Everyone where I went said next month is when they are expecting their shipments.

18. mufasa macrumors member

i think its pretty cool to live in japan but u should live in tokyo, no? wtf is ginza

19. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Japan is a very long country. We live all over the place. Your post is like saying if you are in America why don't you live in Washington D.C.?

20. Mr. B macrumors regular

Tokyo is huge. Ginza is *in* tokyo.

Tokyo is made up of many smaller sub "cities".

There is a also a "tokyo" inside of tokyo, but famous places like Ginza, Akihabara, Shibuya, Shinjuku, are all inside of Tokyo as well.

Also, Japan is definitely more than just one city.

21. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I spoke to an apple employee at SHibuya store, he said they may be here within another month. But every morning I walk past the store and at least once a week I see big silver crates bringing things into the store.

PS I LOVE GINZA!!!

22. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Here in Tokyo, I'll receive mine only on Oct 4th as well.

23. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Did you get an email with a shipment notification or tracking information yet?

24. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

YEah, I had the same problem, my order status was posted for Oct 4th, and yesterday was changed for 16th. In the evening I received a mail for Apple Store explaining that it was a mistake at the Apple store status, and that the true date is 4th. Well, I felt furious for some hours. Today the apple stores status was fixed, and shows the correct date.

25. sancho-p macrumors newbie

I also have "Prepared for shipment" and receive by Oct 4th. What i don't understand is that it seems some people already received theirs (Apple japan support discussions), whereas they said they would ship them in the same order orders were placed.. i ordered mine on the first day...:confused::confused: