Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
So you are saying that your order was canceled? If so by who?

Remember:

"Designed by Apple in California"

Has your card been charged yet? If it hasn't been prepared for shipping, it hasn't cost you.

so not only does my PRE order not get honoured, but it looks like the UK customers are being **** on again.

At least in America you have the iPhone choice and now the touch too, we have nothing.

I put my cash up over a week ago, and have nothing. Am I happy? Am I ****.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I'm sorry. I'm not impressed with the picture quality. If I were taking the time to do this and post the pictures, I'd be sure the images were perfect. Especially since everyone wants to see details and not blurred closeups. Thanks anyway.......

must you make a comment like that? seriously... :rolleyes: people are such tits around here lately. If you don't like the pics then just don't say anything

trinket

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2005
can anyone confirm that their order has shipped?

i paid $425 for this ipod, and i want mine NOW. this is complete bullcrap that people can just go out and buy these 10 at a time, while us pre-order people have to sit and watch while people post freaking pictures of their great new ipods.

i even talked to an apple rep at the online store, the guy was being a smartass! i asked him why apple was selling the ipod touch at apple stores, but pre-orders weren't shipping until the 28th of september. he replied with, and i quote,"Well, that's what the Apple store does. It sells Apple products." WHAT THE HELL?!

so anyways, as many people, i am quite miffed at apple for doing this, and just thought i'd voice my anger about it.

sucks, too, i'm a college student and i don't have a car, so even if i wanted to, i couldn't run out to the nearest apple store and get myself an ipod touch. boo, apple, for once, you SUCK.

The whole idea of a pre-order isn't that you get it BEFORE the retail stores. It is to make sure you actually have an ipod assigned to you because once they hit the stores, there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get one because they will sell out so fast! I have mine on order and it won't get here until the end of the first week in October (wouldn't be surprised if it was later than that - depends on how quickly Apple Australia receive their stock). Apple stores here take orders so even if they did get ipods before Apple shipped their orders, they would get so few in numbers it would hardly cover their orders and they would have none to sell over the counter until November/December!!
Am I anxious and pissed off that it couldn't be sooner? Not really. Yeah, I'm excited about it arriving, but I have gone this long without an iPod touch - a few more weeks won't really make a difference! Like someone else said - think yourself lucky that you are a college student who can actually afford an ipod touch! Get some damn perspective!

nismo

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2007
Not A Mistake

I don't think this is a mistake from :apple: This would be too huge of a mistake. I think they were just ready to be shipped earlier then they thought

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Just got off the phone with an Apple Representative. She said that ALL online orders are on backorder, and that they SHOULD ship before the 28th. Even put me through to a retailer in Orlando, and they had about 30 of them in. Hmm, another day, more customers upset at Apple.:D:apple:

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Orlando

I was at the Apple store in Orlando today and they had some on display. Played with one for a good 20 minutes, and some guy said "is that the new iPhone?" Wanted to slap him in the face. Then thought... "I really want an iPhone... stupid calendar app..."

I digress... what you really want to know is if the wifi music store is up. I can tell you it is. Obviously didn't buy a song, but you can browse and search, and preview, etc.

Also noticed that in safari, the keyboard will only let you type in input fields, meaning, that posting a reply in macrumors will NOT work (at least, I'm guessing). I logged onto my gmail account and could type a "to" address and a "subject" but being that the "message body" is an html text box, and NOT a true "input" field, I could NOT type in the message body! Sucks, yeah? At least in GMail, you can change to a text only message format, and it lets you type in the "body" then (changed to a real text input box). Thought to myself, "wow that sucks.... man I really want an iPhone now..."

Any other questions? like i said, I played with it for a good 20-25 min. let me know.

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
I was at the Apple store in Orlando today and they had some on display. Played with one for a good 20 minutes, and some guy said "is that the new iPhone?" Wanted to slap him in the face. Then thought... "I really want an iPhone... stupid calendar app..."

I digress... what you really want to know is if the wifi music store is up. I can tell you it is. Obviously didn't buy a song, but you can browse and search, and preview, etc.

Also noticed that in safari, the keyboard will only let you type in input fields, meaning, that posting a reply in macrumors will NOT work (at least, I'm guessing). I logged onto my gmail account and could type a "to" address and a "subject" but being that the "message body" is an html text box, and NOT a true "input" field, I could NOT type in the message body! Sucks, yeah? At least in GMail, you can change to a text only message format, and it lets you type in the "body" then (changed to a real text input box). Thought to myself, "wow that sucks.... man I really want an iPhone now..."

Any other questions? like i said, I played with it for a good 20-25 min. let me know.

Which one in Orlando? The Mall At Millenia or the Florida Mall?

DesignerOnMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Just another example....

That no matter what Apples does, there are people bitching about THEIR NEEDS and that Apple screwed up again!

Guess what folks you need a LIFE!

And you do not have to buy ANYTHING from Apple or anyone else. No one has forced you to pre-order ANYTHING! If you live near an Apple store why would you pre-order anyway????

ipodmylife224

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2005
That's so awesome! I thought that they wouldn't be coming out until the 28th. I think I will be able to go to the Apple Store this Sunday and pick mine up.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!

:mad: well that certainly makes me question buying one... I don't want some gimped ass web browser

DAP1MP13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
Keubby

Just curious, but what school do you go to?
NYU right?
Just wondering, because I'm from NYC myself, although my university is in Long Island.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Houston, I think we have operator error here. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "chadwhatever" is not familiar with how to input his text properly.:rolleyes:

:mad: well that certainly makes me question buying one... I don't want some gimped ass web browser

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL

It was truly a bizzare experience. Though, I've never tried GMail or anything on the iPhone, so I'm not sure if that was a common experience or not. If not, it almost feels like Apple really IS trying to hold back the features of the iPhone. Problem is that people like me really don't want to switch to AT&T, but also don't really want to sit there and hack the iPhone a whole lot....

Alright, I'm done sulking...

caMi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007

Why won't it type in those boxes?

Doesn't the iPhone do this fine? Isn't it the same browser on iPhone and iPod?

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
iLounge Gallery

iLounge has a nice gallery up on Flickr.

13754404424eaeea2801oxj5.jpg

I gotta say, this really looks nice. Makes me want to buy an iPod touch and then wait for a better, thinner (probably cheaper) iPhone in 2008!

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Florida Mall.... didn't think to ask if they were in stock, because I didn't think they'd be avail. until later this month.

OK, thanks. Called my local Best Buy and they said to check back in on Saturday Morning. Gosh, only Apple would the release products to people who leisurely walk into a retail store then people who preordered their products minutes after they release. Oh well, I still love Apple.:apple:

i feel a $100 gift card coming on, lol:rolleyes::apple:

aljawad

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
I ordered the 16g model from the Apple store immediately after it was introduced, so how come its still set to ship on Sep. 28? :confused::mad:

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Why won't it type in those boxes?

Doesn't the iPhone do this fine? Isn't it the same browser on iPhone and iPod?

Like I said, I ONLY tried it in GMail, but GMail's "message body" is an HTML box, NOT straight text. As soon as I hit the link to change it to straight text, I was able to type with no issues.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
So you are saying that your order was canceled? If so by who?

Remember:

"Designed by Apple in California"

Has your card been charged yet? If it hasn't been prepared for shipping, it hasn't cost you.

My order hasn't been cancelled, but that isn't really the point. I ordered on the day it was annouced, specifically to garuntee that I would get one as soon as they were available, that they wouldn't sell out.
It's like apple are saying "right, he's pre-ordered and we have his card details, that sale is safe, lets concerntrate on getting more sales in before actually sending his out, it makes our sales figures look better."

and who gives a crap where it was designed, they're all made in China anyway.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Just picked mine up as well, at the Fifth Avenue store. They had at least one drawerful of them. I'm syncing up now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.