Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
China
I've been keeping tabs on the other 'Week 38' post, however, there has been so much other talk that I thought it would be nice to summarize some stuff:
If you would, please post in the following format so that people don't have to dig through page after page trying to figure out if the week 36, 37, 38 are defective. Please try to keep on subject so we can all see what we are in for (or got lucky with :)) -sorry to be so anal, I just am hoping I didn't waste alot of money ya know :(

Like this:

WEEK NUMBER: 37
SCREEN PROB YES(Yes, no, Some)
SOUND HISS: NO
IPT BOX ART: Corinne Bailey Rae

Compared it to earlier model:

I have compared my week 37 to a week thirty 38 and things seem better. I hope I don't get a hissy one in the mail!

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
China
SCREEN PROB: Some
SOUND HISS: NO(none actually)

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
SCREEN PROB: oh yes!
SOUND HISS: NO(none actually)

#2 *Coming Tomorrow*
WEEK NUMBER: 38
SCREEN PROB: Hopefully not!!
SOUND HISS: shouldn't be
IPT BOX ART: the other chick, most likely

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
my returned unit

Week Number: 37
Screen Problem: Yes
Hissing: don't know, I never use it as a music player actually
Box Art: Corinne Bailey Rae

astrostu

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
WEEK NUMBER: 36
SCREEN PROB YES

SCREEN PROB NO :D

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
I just purchased the 16gb touch from my local apple store in denver and its a week 38 with corinne bailey rae on the box. havent opened it yet because im not at home. anyone else recently purchase the itouch today with corinne bailey rae on the cover?

ipaqman

coolnwo

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
got same one today

I just purchased the 16gb touch from my local apple store in denver and its a week 38 with corinne bailey rae on the box. havent opened it yet because im not at home. anyone else recently purchase the itouch today with corinne bailey rae on the cover?

ipaqman

got same thing.

--Wolf--

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Chch, New Zealand
Who cares what picture/person is on the cover, as long as it is week 38 or later it SHOULD be fine. If not, return it. Don't judge from the box picture tho.

Anthony2008

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, long time reader, first time poster.
I have the touch, and the screen is horrible. week 37. My question is, i bought it last friday, and they sent the receipt to my email address, but i have not received it yet, probably because they typed it in wrong. When i go to trade in my bad touch for a good touch, will they want the receipt? Or can they look it up through the serial? Just want to make sure i am not screwed out of a working touch.

Stetwin

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
England - Co-Durham
Ok, long time reader, first time poster.
I have the touch, and the screen is horrible. week 37. My question is, i bought it last friday, and they sent the receipt to my email address, but i have not received it yet, probably because they typed it in wrong. When i go to trade in my bad touch for a good touch, will they want the receipt? Or can they look it up through the serial? Just want to make sure i am not screwed out of a working touch.

How did you pay for it? If it was cash then they might not, but since they e-mailed you the receipt then I’m guessing you used some form of debit or credit card? If you did then it will show up on your statements which they should accept if they do ask for proof of purchase

Nova69

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
SCREEN PROB NO

Everything works great!

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Week Number: 37
Screen Problem: Some
Hissing: No
Box Art: Corrine BR

Thought I was in the clear, compared to some folks here. My blacks were OK, just not straight on. But tried watching some Stargate-goes-to-a-funeral yesterday, and the shimmer was there on all suits & coats - so bad that tilting it a little didn't resolve it. I was tilting so much I got into blue-tinged territory. But, the back-left tilt? Gee, look at all the details! Crap. Others have seen me demo this. It's going back.

Insult to injury: I had a pre-order that I couldn't cancel. Arrived yesterday AM, a day early. Per Apple's instruction, I refused receipt to get a full refund. That evening, play the Stargate clip, and see the comparison shots from Week 38 models. Crap. If I'd kept it, I could have probably gone to the store, returned the one, and kept the other (assuming it was a week 38, which I don't know). Looks like 3 Touches will pass through my hands, one way or another.

animenick65

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
SCREEN PROB SOME

Going to try and get a replacement tonight! I bought at a Best Buy. Will they replace it at an apple store?

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
China
SCREEN PROB SOME

Going to try and get a replacement tonight! I bought at a Best Buy. Will they replace it at an apple store?

get refund, go buy at apple... if its there problem they will fix it, bb probably cant do much other than offer you a FULL refund w/ no restock fees..

good luck

animenick65

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
I can't find a receipt for the purchase at BB. I paid with a debit card though. Will they exchange/refund?

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
China
I have no clue. U should have kept the receipt. I don't have much sympathy For you in that respect. Sorry bud

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
Pictures to prove it.

Week 38 on top.
Week 37 on bottom.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

• iPod2.jpg
    iPod2.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 461

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
China
needs to be taken from a possitive angle (ie, both ipod moved above the focus of the camera) a negative, right, and left while camera is facing straight...

no one has done that yet...

Thanks,
Arisian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.