Is anyone actually happy with Leopard .. ??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XheartcoreboyX, Nov 15, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

i read all the negative posts and reviews everywhere about leopard ..

now i dont know if i will buy it ..as its finally available in this store ..

is any of you guys happy with leopard and not regretting replacing tiger with it ???

2. Halsey12 macrumors regular

I am very happy. No bugs or anything that really bugs me here. It's snappy.

3. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

I love leopard. Did an erase and install on my mbp and have had no issues. The only things that bothered me I changed, which included my dock, welcome screen desktop picture, and ugly aqua scrollbars. Boot camp worked perfect for me installing xp pro, and vmware fusion runs my boot camp partition perfect under leopard. I have had absolutely no problems.

4. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

I am very happy :D with Leopard in my MacBook. There are some things that seem to be a little bizarre like those SUID warnings popping up after a permission repair, but so far, nothing to really concern about. I did a clean install, and everything runs smoothly.

There are several programs and enhancements (ie SideTrack, there's a compatible beta already) that are not Leopard compatible yet, but this happens every time a new major OS comes out. In my case I can live with out those for now, I'm sure an update for them is on the way.

Cheers, :cool: :apple:

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the only things im not happy about are that my exposé, dashboard and spaces settings have seemed to of disappeared a couple of times and thats a little annoying and the transition to a space that has iphoto 7 open in it is a little choppy... but who cares?

everything is very stable

6. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

anyone have any idea if Logitech software ( LLC ) working on Leopard ?? -used to hardly work on tiger .. -

and plus...iChat Video still doesnt work when chatting with windows user ??

thanks for all the replays =) !

7. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

once I did some visual tweaks (iTunes like scroll bars on all windows, changed login screen background, changed the dock a little bit) I love Leopard and honestly believe that I would now not survive without Stacks and Spaces (for example, I never would have gotten my paper done tonight if I did not have Pages open in a separate space, damn this forum)

8. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502

I can't complain. The benefits outweigh any bugs.

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I'm happy with Leopard.

I've got a CD MBP & C2D Mac mini happily running Leopard. They were OK with 10.5.0 and so far seem to be OK with 10.5.1.

10. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You're going to find that the majority are very happy, but you only see negative posts from the minority. ...That just how it works; people are louder when they're mad.

11. boz0 macrumors regular

Quite happy with Leopard.

I disliked the dock's initial color, but that was changed easily enough. There are still a couple bugs to be ironed out (Airport troubles, inconsistencies in the way Finder displays folders, ...), but overall, it's excellent.

Time machine + Spaces + overall unified look = one happy penguin.

The only thing I'll really miss from Tiger was the use of the core cube effect to switch from one desktop to the other in VirtueDesktops :D

12. mickhyperion macrumors regular

mickhyperion

I have no reason to dislike Leopard. The installation on my MacBook went just fine and I've experienced no system problems, slowness, or other complications that others have unfortunately ran into. I don't make a habit of applying third party tweaks or use any file scrubbers, so maybe that has something to do with the lack of problems. Just a guess.

There are UI and other enhancement updates that I don't really care for... Stacks, the new Spotlight window (or lack thereof), certain folder behaviors... but nothing that I can't work around until Apple improves them or until I learn to live with them.

Unless you depend on third party software which hasn't received an upgrade to be compatible with Leopard (such as most Adobe products), I would go ahead and take the plunge and install it. Do a thorough backup beforehand in case of unexpected problems, of course.

13. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Yes I'm very happy, and probably most of those who upgraded to Leopard. But I did notice that people who Erased and Installed had better luck than those who did an upgrade.

I'm currently running Leopard on a 2 year old iBook G4, and it runs beautifully with all the features and eye-candy. Try running Vista on a low-end 2 year old notebook. :p

14. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Do you play World of Warcraft? It's a known bug with the game (as of last patch, dunno about 2.3 yet), unfortunately it happens to me all the time.

I'm very happy with Leopard. On these forums you're going to find mostly complains about any given product. My only issue so far has been some instability with the Finder, it likes to crash, especially when emptying the Trash.

15. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

I am one of the so called few that didn't like it
    apparently if your keyboard stops working due to a OS problem and doesn't get fixed for weeks its a "minor" issue.

I cant see what they have improved .... ichat now has loads of bloat features. The dock looks and acts like crap.

This is basically vista now.
    its kinda ironic that apple makes adverts about unhappy windows users going back to xp.
    whereas apple users are not even given an option of being allowed to go back to tiger (as the hardware prevents it).

But most importantly, as a SRMB owner apple will not allow me to run tiger on this hardware (locked in).

Personally if I could go back to tiger i would be much more happy.
    As so far I have had way too many odd errors happen on the SRMB.

16. djellison macrumors 68020

I'm right in the middle. I'm no happier with Leopard, but I'm not less happy than I was with Tiger.

Doug

17. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

Leopard is ok on my 12 PB G4. Slower than Tiger on my PB. However my wife's MacBook runs it smoothly. There are still some glitches so if you don't feel the need to upgrade just wait. I've held off upgrading my G4 tower. Check your software compatibility before you upgrade. I'm waiting for sidetrack to get fixed which is a major PIA with my laptop.

Leopard has some nice new features. The new finder is great and screen sharing is very simple to do. Its making me want to buy an Intel Mac which is a slight negative. ;)

18. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Exactly. Thanks for pointing that out.

19. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

BYKE

Are you happy with anything? All your posts are so negative. :eek:

20. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Yes very happy. It all just works and is good, but faster and with more features :D

21. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

A very good point raised.

Point confirmed :D

22. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Very happy…

Quick-look alone is a great addition.

Re the question about Logitech: My Logitech MX revolution works great after I downoaded the latest Logitech Control Center software.

23. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

Where does it say that? Though they never released a version for Intel I'm sure with a bit of tinkering you could get Tiger to install of a packaged disc. That is not hardware lock in. It's just that they never released an Intel version because there was no need to.

24. Taylor C macrumors 6502a