Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
i read all the negative posts and reviews everywhere about leopard ..

now i dont know if i will buy it ..as its finally available in this store ..

is any of you guys happy with leopard and not regretting replacing tiger with it ???

If you have a Mac with a single monitor, like a MacBook / MacBook Pro, Spaces alone is worth the money.

If you ever have a crashing harddisk, Time Machine alone will have been worth ten times the money.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I'm not looking for a perfect OS, but I need something that works since my livelihood depends upon it. Copying data from another partition causes data to disappear? How does that one slip by?

It slipped by because copying data from one partition to another doesn't cause any problems. _Moving_ data from one partition to another can cause problems; fixed in 10.5.1. _Moving_ data is supposed to copy the data over, and delete the original afterwards. I don't think I've ever done that in twenty years. The problem was that the delete could happen even if the copying failed, for example if you unplugged an external disk while it was copying. And moving from one partition of a disk to another partition of the same disk wouldn't have shown the problem, because if you unplugged the disk the OS has no chance anymore to delete anything.

jhande

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
Denmark
Well, now that I've got my opaque menubar back, yeah I'm reasonably happy.

I threw away the dock, and really wish that stacks had more useful options (hierarchical folders, anyone?), etc etc, but it's a solid upgrade.

Under the hood, now... that is just beautiful. I just moved my development environment from the Solaris box at the office, Not a peep! No changes! I just run the compilation on whatever machine I want.

A really nice update, with a couple of niggles thrown in -- which will be ironed out over shortish time.

I like Leopard.

yeti5d

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2007
Overall I am happy with Leopard and its great that you can turn of some of the new eye-candy if you wish.
But I am especially happy with it after I, sort of, found the solution to the, "unknown" user group, bug.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
100% love it!

I love Leopard. I did a A&I on my PowerBook 2 weeks ago and there have only been minor problems; internal speakers disappeared for 8 hours (until I rebooted) and 2 kernel panics (has no known effects on my, that I know of). It is faster and more organized. I love quickview and coverflow. Time Machine is great for person with a relatively small HD. I feel like I have a new computer.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I do have Leopard now !!!

and i totally love it !!

btw, any of you guys know a working app for leopard that lets u remove apps dock icons while they are running ?? - dock dodger like -

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
I just upgraded my 17" C2D MacBook Pro on Saturday night and yes, I'm very happy with it.

I did an upgrade and had the Blue Screen problem when it finally restarted, but a quick search online and 2 minutes in Single User mode and it was fixed.

It's faster than Tiger from what I've seen so far and I like the new iCal and Spaces and all the other stuff that comes along with it.

Very happy.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.