Is anyone else content with the 4 inch screen size?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mossme89, Mar 19, 2014.

?

Are you happy with the current screen size of the iPhone

Poll closed Dec 13, 2016.
  1. I love it!

42 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. It's too small

47 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. If they can increase the screen without increasing the device size, I'd love a larger screen

45 vote(s)
    32.6%
  4. No opinion or want to see results

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

I've used a massive amount of phones in the past year. Among them, the iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, Galaxy S3, S4, HTC One, and Nexus 5. I wanted a larger screen, but ended up settling on the iPhone 5S for the simple reason that if you have an iPad and can tether, a larger phone is pointless. I found even with the larger phones that I was using my phone more for quickly checking things and iPad for browsing. The larger screen actually ended up becoming more of an annoyance than anything because it was harder to carry around a larger device. Plus typing was slower. The 5S is the perfect size because it's small but good enough for quickly checking things.

If Apple can increase the screen size without significantly increasing the device, I'm all for it. But if the iPhone 6 is the size of the current 5 inch Android phones, that would majorly suck.

2. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'm content with the 4" size, but would also like to see a larger version. I carry two iPhones so having a 4" and something larger would be nice.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I feel like it is too tall and could be a bit wider.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I prefer a larger screen because I prefer to only carry around one device. I'm not a huge fan of tablets and would prefer to just have a 5" screen or bigger.

5. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

For me, I'd love something the size of the Galaxy Note 3 so I don't have to use my iPad mini. I've used the Note 3 and if the iPhone 6 is 4" I'll probably jump ship after buying every iPhone from the 3G to the 5S.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm content, because if I find myself needing a larger screen to do anything for a long period of time, I grab my iPad.

Phones are not generally for long periods of focused use.

I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen, but it's not something I'm craving. It's just a "that would be neat" thing.

7. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

These threads are pointless because everyone has their own opinion, needs, wants and preferences.

8. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I'd be perfectly happy with a 3.5" Retina display.

9. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

It's fine the way it is! Mini this, mega that, what the heck. iPad Mini, Samsung MEGAS thats BIGGER than an iPad! YIPPEE for me! No, it's gross. Walking around with a phone thats the size of a small European country is way outta whack. Just ask Steve...

10. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I actually am very happy with the 4' screens of my 5c and 5s. I own a Note 3 as well and I can't honestly use it as a phone! So it's become my tablet and I've got my two lines filled with the iPhones. I don't think I'd mind if it was a tiny bit bigger but I'm hoping it won't exceed 4.5'. It would be perfect if they could just use a bit of the bezel so the physical aspects would not increase (Much).

11. cynics macrumors G3

I'm content with a 4" screen (currently on 3.5") but would like to see a bigger screened iPhone.

Carrying around two extremely similar devices (iPhone and iPad mini) is a band aid to wanting a slightly bigger screen. Be much easier for me to carry around a 4.5"-5" iPhone 100% of the time then a 4" iPhone and an 8" iPad.....ever....

But if the next iPhone was still 4" I wouldn't be surprised nor would I care too much. I'm not going to change OS's over it.

12. escdrift macrumors member

fine with it, or even abit bigger...phablet? no. wouldnt switch if screen stayed the same, as I care about the os experience not whether I can see a video a little larger.

13. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

But somehow you felt compelled to add to it...........

14. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

I don't mind it as much, it is bigger than the 4S which I think is way too small for my liking, however, if they could make a larger screen without having to make it look like a Samsung Galaxy Note (pretty much not make it a phablet), I would be happy.

15. suprakc macrumors regular

Yeah

I am sure that iPhone 6 will be stellar, no doubt. Would I buy it, however, solely for a potentially larger screen? No.

I find my 5s to be well-suited to my needs, from my jeans pocket to my gym shorts, it just works well for a device that is always with me.

I highly doubt that iPhone 6 will be substantially larger. It may have a greater screen, but not necessarily a bigger frame. Changes in overall dimensions will be minor, with the majority of changes to the bezel and shape of the case. IMO.

Not sure if I'll run to an iPhone 6. I'm sure, however, that a perfected 6s would be sweeeeeeeet!

16. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

to be honest i am content with the 4/4s screen.

as I have stated in many other threads when I need something bigger I will reach for my tablet.

17. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Personally would like to go back to something smaller (4/4S) but I'm in the minority on that one and I doubt it's ever going to happen.

18. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

19. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Yeah, looking at the recent replies it would have been interesting to see a 'smaller, please' option.

20. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I personally prefer the size of the 5/5s. Small hands, so it works well for me. If the six goes to a larger screen size, I will hold out on the 5s as long as I can. But I also understand if I want to move ahead with technology, I will eventually have to accept the larger size if that is the direction Apple chooses to go with.

Change is good and I am sure I can get use to it.

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm absolutely content with the 4" screen. But then again, I said the same thing with the 3.5" of the 4/4S. I know the majority of people want to see Apple release a larger screen iPhone. While I would welcome a larger screen phone, I don't want to see it be like the Galaxy Note which is just ridiculous.

22. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You want something like the Note 3 so you don't have to use your iPad mini?
    Sorry I am not getting this at all.. if everything you need has it's roll filled by either you iPhone or iPad mini why would you want something inbetween that doesn't fill either role? The screen is still to small to watch a movie on properly, but to large to carry around comfortably and quickly check things on without using 2 hands.

23. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I like the current screen size. I see there is some demand for a larger screen size. That is fine with me as long as they keep the current size as an option. I don't want a phablet.

24. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Because it most likely won't happen.

25. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Sure, but we're talking about our hopes, dreams and desires rather than trying to predict which way Apple are going.