Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with the current screen size of the iPhone

• I love it!

Votes: 42 30.4%
  • It's too small

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • If they can increase the screen without increasing the device size, I'd love a larger screen

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • No opinion or want to see results

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Motorola-Moto-X-vs-Apple-iPhone-5-001.jpg

No excuse to have a 4 inch screen anymore.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Im definitely in the boat of liking a larger screen, but not wanting a "much" larger device.
If they can get a bigger screen into a device either the same size, or even just a tiny minuscule amount larger, I'm very happy.
But the same screen size again? iOS8 better have some awesome extras on top of a new model to keep me around.
Personal view.

Brandonatorrr

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2014
Like a iPhone 6 Mega (5 inch) iPhone 6 mini(4 inch) and iPhone 6c (4 inch) all launching with IOS 8, A8 64-Bit Processors, 1080p Retina HD Display, 2.0 MP Front Camera and 13 MP Back Camera with Touch I.D. (I Wished Lol) #

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Moto X is nice, but it doesn't have a physical button, so no TouchId ....

Apple has been rumored to be using sapphire glass for it's next phone and not gorilla glass. Would it be possible to embed the home "button" into the screen? No more physical button but part of the screen of phone with sensors that recognize when you're touching it so it acts like the home button, including the touch id? This would give more room in the current footprint for the screen.

Even if it's possible I could see problems as how would an app know you're pressing the home button vs pressing the app's button? Apple probably could figure that one out.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
It will be good to have the option but for me I have small hands and the 5c is perfect for me!

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I am with the "it's too big" crowd. Still prefer the 4S, I may upgrade on the next phone just for other features though. I have an iPad mini, I don't need a phablet too. I have a Galaxy S3 as my workphone and the screen is much too large on that. I really hope they don't go larger than 4 inch, unless they release 2 sizes with the same specs, and one being 4 inch and one being a phablet for people with sight issues.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I am with the "it's too big" crowd. Still prefer the 4S, I may upgrade on the next phone just for other features though. I have an iPad mini, I don't need a phablet too. I have a Galaxy S3 as my workphone and the screen is much too large on that. I really hope they don't go larger than 4 inch, unless they release 2 sizes with the same specs, and one being 4 inch and one being a phablet for people with sight issues.

Would be cool if they did a 6C and a 6. The difference being size and one being plastic but basically everything else being the same. Then again I went from the 4s to the 5s and don't really notice a big difference between the two. I just think the samsung and windows phones are much too big to fit in my pocket. I don't want a phone in my back pocket because I am afraid I will sit on it and living in a big city it is just asking to be stolen there.

The 5c was the 1yr old 5 with a crappy plastic case. IF the 6c was the same as the 6 but only difference was a smaller screen and a a plastic case. I'd def go with the C if it was basically the same phone or slightly inferior to save 100 bucks. Regardless I am one of those people who puts a case on their phone. So it being plastic, metal or glass doesn't matter to me. I'd buy a fusia pink phone if it was cheaper as I am buying a case for it regardless

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I hope there's a model that keeps the 4" screen! My iP5 has already trained me to do everything in portrait except videos and games. I used to text and browse the web in landscape on my BlackBerry Storm2, but the 5 is too wide for me to type comfortably. Much easier in portrait, and anything bigger would be awkward and attract apple pickers.

I'm also one who doesn't have a tablet and haven't found a need for one in my life yet. Anything I might need a larger tablet for I just pull out my rMBP.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'll be curious to see the sales of a large and small iPhone given they have equal specs.

Everyone talks about how large Android phones are because of the general lack of interest in smaller variants.

easy-peasy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2014
Is anyone else content with the 4 inch screen size?

Content? Sure.

I would be ok if all future iPhones had 4 inch screens :)

Would a bigger screen also be nice if you can keep the device a size that allows one-handed operation and still have good battery life? You bet!

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
I love the current screen size! I'd have to see a bigger iPhone before I pass judgement, but for now, I am absolutely happy with the current size. It's perfect! Sent from my iPad.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I wish there was a "how to make a poll" tutorial on this site (and others).

Why is the only 4"+ screen option "if the physical size of the phone does;t increase"? I wouldn't mind if the size of the phone increased, within reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.