Is anyone HAPPY with their iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TantalizedMind, Apr 17, 2011.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I don't own an iPhone but I read these forums almost everyday. Mostly all I've read in the last month or two of people being unhappy with their battery life, animation glitches and apps acting up. I have wanted an iPhone for a long time. I am finally eligible to upgrade but should I get a 10 month old phone which still isn't "perfect" and makes its users unhappy at its flaws? IDK.. I really don't want to wait for the iPhone 5 because who knows how long until that comes out, I don't want 4G, who knows what Verizon will change their data plans to.

Decisions, decisions. I am either getting an iPhone 4 or new battery for my SEXY Motorolla W755, lol. The latter would save me $200 plus a monthly data fee but.. then say goodbye to the possibility of having apps, music, internet in the palms of my hands.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have used an Android for 6 months, BlackBerry for 2 years, iPod touch since 1st gen, iPad since 1st gen, iPhone since vzw release. That being said, I love the iOS and iPhone. I need to get things done and the iPhone does it without the need of random restarts and what not.
    People complain because they are pessimists - always looking for what Apple should have given but didn't. Only thing I feel the iOS platform needs is a universal file system.

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

In answer to your question. Yes. People automatically look for the problems of something, it's human nature. Overall the iPhone is a fantastic phone without thousands and thousands of people are happy with! :)

4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

LOVE my iPhone ... I've owned all releases of the iphone ... every size shape and style of Blackberry... Androids etc.

Blackberry is for 'texters' and those who think physical keyboards are better ...

Android is a wh*red out, DIY OS for budget conscious people and/or those who like to tinker with their electronics just like some used to like to do to their cars....

iPhone is the best by far.

5. tigress666, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

tigress666 macrumors 68040

I've been extremely happy with mine. No, it's not perfect, but what is?

The three things I see wrong with mine (and one is probably a got a defective one issue):
    1. The home button can be flakey (I hear though that people have had luck with Apple just giving them a refurb if they bring their iphone in for this).
    2. Could have a faster processor (Only notice this on some programs so this more could be due to bad programming. Particularly one racing game). Still, this thing blows my 3G out of the water for speed. And honestly, with technology, you always could use a faster processor ;).
    3. Needs more storage. That was my one disappointment with the iphone announcement honestly. Once again, this is something you expect that you'll eventually want more as the tech gets old.

So two of my problems are something that will eventually you'll want more of as the tech gets old and one is something that is defective on my particular phone (That I've chosen to just deal with).

What I love?
    1) Speed (yes, I said it could use a faster processor, on the other hand it's definitely a huge improvement on the 3G, I'd have a hard time going back cause the 3G would feel like a slug now)
    2) GPS (they improved the GPS which is something I wanted them to do since the 3G. It gets a lock on my location a lot faster and it's a lot more accurate. It's been a perfectly great GPS now that I loaded Navigon on it. I'm not sure my 3G would be great for turn by turn GPS cause it lost location so much and a lot of times was not that accurate).
    3) Camera. I love the camera. I don't need it to be improved. If it is, that's nice, but it's definitely good enough now (3G's camera sucked). I especially love how fast the shutter speed is after you press the click button (press click and it clicks, unlike the 3G that took a second, or the EVO I tried that was really sluggish at shutter speed).
    4). Screen. I don't think this is my favorite part of the phone unlike everyone else. I love the screen, it's great, it's great for reading. But unlike some people here the screen is neither a dealbreaker (not having it) or something I'd buy the phone solely for. It's a nice extra.
    5) The shape is much better for using it as a computer away from computer and gaming device. I agree as a phone the 3G shape was nicer as it fit in your hand. But, seeing as I hate phones anyways and pretty much the fact that it replaces my phone so I don't have to carry a phone too I don't think for me the phone aspect is that important.
    6) But, I don't see people's point about it having horrible connection. Let me actually go fishing with it and get back to you on that (my old iphone was not great at getting cellphone connection while fishing, or at least my dumbphones were superior in that aspect. It was good enough, but I do know get too much in the middle of Puget Sound and I might lose connection to 3G). Honestly, connection while fishing was kind of my measuring stick on how well the phone kept connection (it's where I'd take note so that's how I judge each phone as I know where each phone tended to lose connection).
    7) Battery is definitely better. The only time I really get close to using it all up is when gaming. And I just bought a portable battery charger that fits in my purse and will charge my phone up 2 1/2 times. Which means I could game all day and know I'll have power all day *grin* (basically bought it cause I do think iphone as a gaming device fails in the aspect that you do worry about leaving some battery life left, now I don't have to worry). It gets about 4-5 hours of battery life when mostly gaming on it (and games eat battery). Of course this varies by game (some games are inexplicably battery hogs, others are surprisingly not. Final Fantasy II for example is pretty good. Some little puzzle game I have that doesn't even have animations eats battery like crazy. My racing games eat battery... but you know what, I expect that out of a game like that).
    8). Great book reader :) (probably due to screen) Yeah, small screen but I can hold a book in one hand now, change pages with one hand, and do other things at the same time. I personally prefer it to even an iPad for this reason. Plus carry any books I want to read in my purse.
    9) Touch screen keyboard. Ok, yeah I originally wanted a physical keyboard, but I find usually when they are implemented the buttons are so tiny you can barely hit them (some even made the buttons tiny and *recessed*! Even my small hands have a hard time hitting them. Making it hard to type properly on them. Apple did a good job implementing the touch screen keyboard that for a device that small I find that implimentation is better than the physical ones for typing. Especially since as you have the phone for longer, it starts learning your typing and what you tend to typo, and is amazingly good at predicting what you were trying to type even if you really mess up the word.

6. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

If my iPhone 4 on Verizon had a reliable phone, it'd be great. But the phone is so bad. Perhaps Apple will learn how to build a phone that works for iPhone 5.

7. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I will never own another phone as long as apple is still in the phone market. They deliver the smoothest UI of ANY phone I have used (droid, droid2, droid x, palm pre). People don't understand until I let them use my phone, and they pretty much realize what they could have. If you get an iPhone you will not be disappointed. I am jailbroken, but just for quickreply and mywi.

8. rwd hero macrumors 6502

You can really speed the phone up with an application like "fakeclockup", its amazing how much faster it will make your phone.

9. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I'm addicted to mine... I use it to do so much everyday!

10. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

LOVE LOVE LOVE my iphone. was dumb enough to give it up once for the inspire and only a few days later i bought my iphone back. its just a way better phone in my opinion and battery life is amazing . you wanna hear people complain about battery life?? go look at the android forums lol . i say go for it, if not at least wait till "april 26th " if the new white iphone is released .

11. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Don't worry about all these iPhone haters, they will always find something to complain about.

Just get the iPhone 4 now and you will fall in love with it and if you don't like it there is always a 30 day return policy and if you encounter any issues with the iPhone, Apple warranty service is the best and most reliable in the business.

12. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I love my iPhone as well. I use my iPhone for everything. It's amazing how much less I use my computer since having my iPhone. I've been an iPhone user for 3 years now and I will never use another phone. Definitely make the jump!

13. rc51aaron macrumors member

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've used all versions of the iPhone and I couldn't be happier with the 4.

OP, you will see more threads of complaints on the forums than threads filled with people saying how great their phone is. It's just the nature of forums.

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'm happy with mine. Not gonna lie 4.3.1 did murder my battery life but i'll live with it. I still love it for everything it does.

16. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I ADORE my iPhone, as does everyone I know with one, which is a LOT of people.

17. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Wow :eek:

Thank's rwd hero. I didn't know about this speed tweak and I am LOVING it! :D

18. D4F Guest

D4F

Yeah I'm happy with my 4. Has it's flaws but I use it together with Desire so pretty much every hole is covered :)

As for 5. It's really up to you. If you are a tech freak that believes some cpu bump will change his life then by all means wait. If you're a person that can appreciate quality then most likely you won't have a single regret getting 4 now.
    Matter of fact is even if they release 7 next week it will still be useless with current state of iOS.

19. kleinias macrumors regular

The nature of almost any internet forum is that those that post tend to post complaints. While it does happen, it is usually much rarer for someone to take the time to post something positive. That tells you a little bit about the nature of internet forums and a little bit about what drives most people in general. None of this is specific to the iPhone or MacRumors, it's the nature of almost any forum. It's not that the posts aren't accurate, but they are not necessarily representative of the wider body of consumers out there because those that have no problems tend to not post that they are simply happy and have no issues. In addition to that, it's also a self-selecting group that will find "MacRumors" and tend to post there in the first place.

20. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

Yes!

I have loved it since the 3G. I love it even more since I JB it. Now it has a look and feel to the UI all my own.

21. Fugue macrumors 6502

I went from Android to the iPhone and believe me when I say it's much better. Although iOS is more "closed" compared to Android, even after a jailbreak, it is for the better.

Applications on the Apple store are millenniums ahead of those on the Android Flea Market.

That been said, improvements could always be made. An even battery life, file manager, notifications system, among other minor add-ons should be added.

22. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I can tell you right now that the people that get on here and complain daily about their iPhone would complain even if the phone could make them fly. In other words, they're the type of people that will never be happy with what they have. They'll always find something to whine about.

As for many of us iPhone owners, myself included, we absolutely love the device. All I can say to you is don't be hesitant if you're on the fence about the iPhone 4. It is the most gorgeous phone I've ever used, and I have never regretted purchasing it.

23. -aggie-, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

-aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You do realize that if someone actually has problems with their iPhone, then it is more likely they'd visit MacRumors, right? Don't use posts on here to judge whether most people like their iPhone.

24. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Those posts are from people who have problems. There are many (like myself) who are perfectly fine with it.

25. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Love it..however..jail breaking is necessary for a few things apple really needs to change IMO. Hre's a list of reasons I keep jail breaking my phone..and what I use to do so.

Allow us to set a default browser (browser changer)
    Quick toggle wifi/airplane/etc (sbsettings)
    Allow better google voice integration (phone gv extension /SMS gv extension)
    Allow scrolling folders (infinifolders)
    Better SMS integration / notifications (bite SMS / ?)
    Allow us to turn off those stupid popups (popup blocker)