Is anyone head over heels in love with X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Nov 6, 2017.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I know people are enjoying aspects of the X

And predictably it’s getting a lot of hate on here too

I say hate as In more like criticism of it

But is anyone 1000 percent happy with their 1000+ dollar phone?

Count me in the camp as someone who won’t sell his 7plus but probably also isn’t gonna let my SIM leave this device nor hand it back to apple for a refund :D

By the way I don’t care if you
    Think the X is the worst investment/device/sucker play ever.

Doesn’t factor in my decision and experience.

So hate on even if this thread invites trolls to troll

I’m just wondering if anyone is head over heels after first new design since 2014 and all the pent up demand. Or if that’s what lent itself to be so demanding of what they want from apple in 2017 in a mobile

Thanks

2. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Very happy with it. Great size, great screen, Face ID has been awesome (love the attention aware features), super fast, wireless charging has been cool. I love it.

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

very happy With mine.

love the screen, battery life, camera, wireless charging and fast charging for sure. face ID has been great too. far better than I was expecting,

4. awhitmer83 macrumors member

awhitmer83

I'm extremely pleased with mine. No regrets whatsoever - just a tiny bit of pain in my heart from the dent in my wallet.

5. Mr.Bigglesworth macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

Love mine.

Super smooth, nice and fluid. And the battery life is awesome !

Alas, I have learned me lesson though. NOT updating my X to iOS 12 when it comes out.

iOS 11 KILLED my 7plus and Preety much forced me to get a new device. My 7+ never failed me. EVER.

And the day I updated it, battery life went to *****, laggy, slow, non fluid, restarts, shuts down, shuts down apps etc.

This phone is super smooth.

The size is literally the sweet spot. I don’t have to fight with my pocket to let the phone come out. And the camera is amazing

6. immigrantsong macrumors member

Very happy with it. (Came from a 7 Plus.)

7. jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

Will be honest and say I'm still on the fence. My 7+ has grown on me alot over the last year.

8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I went from a 6 to an X.
    Just the speed alone is worth it
    But also the screen is bigger. Face ID is great and works faster then touch id.

9. apolloa macrumors G4

Your comment reads as though Apple forced you spend 999 plus, because they broke your 7 Plus!!

I will have to see if I can find one to play with at the weekend. I see a lot of Plus users hailing the smaller size of the X.

10. onethinline macrumors member

I love mine. Hugely, warmly. "Head over heels"? I dunno about that, as I would never say it's *perfect.* But it's the most impressive iPhone I've had since probably my first one (the 3G), or moving to the iPhone 4.

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I'm smitten for sure. I love Face ID and never want to have to use touch ID again, The screen is beautiful and the overall form factor is exactly what I was hoping for.

12. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I've never been 100% happy with any phone. Today, the X is close. I think more of my issues are learning the new gestures so they become second nature and not something I have to think about and some issues with apps that haven't be fully optimized to use with the X. Also, not the phones fault or not necessarily the case or the wireless charger I bought but I am not having good luck wirelessly charging the phone. The case I have is bit on the bulky side but the manufacturer has made similar cases for other phones where reviewers have said ti will wirelessly charge so it could be the charger. So it's little things that aren't necessarily the phones fault. I love the phone and I'm happy with my decision.

13. shaown macrumors regular

14. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Have to say as someone who isn’t interested in getting one at the present, I like the look of the new way of interacting with the device sans home button, it seems like the years of accumulated ‘where can we put this?’ Features on iOS have been re-thought and streamlined at last, so that’s something to look forward to for me :)

15. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Super happy with it. I've upgraded every year since the original and I'm ridiculously happy with the X.

16. cforster, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

cforster macrumors 6502

I simply can’t see how anyone could use this phone with an open mind and not walk away happy.

I love it and would never think of going back to an older iPhone. It works wonderfully. Usually after just a day or so with a new iPhone life is back to normal and I forget about it. It’s day 4 and I still love it and I’m amazed every time I use this phone. It’s a premium device. best phone ever made. It looks amazing, feels fantastic in the hand, and all the features make it work like magic.

17. TruBleu, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017

TruBleu macrumors regular

When I upgraded from iPhone 4 (which was my first iPhone) to 5s, I was very happy. And yet, I felt it was lacking something. I had the same feeling when I moved to 6 plus and then 6s plus and lastly the 7 plus. Mainly, with the 6 plus and 7 plus, the feeling of something lacking was more than my feeling of satisfaction.

But with the X, I feel like this is the phone I had always wanted. This time, I don't have the feeling of something lacking.

18. gkn1999 macrumors newbie

Went from a 6 to 7+ (which always felt too big) to a the X. This has been my favorite iphone so far --which is weird because i was super on the fence about buying it.

19. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

In my opinion, it's the best iPhone that Apple has released in every aspect.

20. SJ Lover macrumors member

SJ Lover

On the fence.. Might return it and get the 8 plus

21. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I miss my smaller 7, I just love one-handed functionality too much.
    That being said, i also appreciate the new features on my X; True Tone, sharper display, louder speakers and wireless charging.

I still don’t know if i’m going to keep it or exchange it for the regular 8.

22. Kent01 macrumors 6502

I dig it. I've shown it to many friends and my coworkers can't stop asking to see and handle it. Great device and Apple really knocked it out of the park with the X.

23. RobinInOR macrumors 6502a

RobinInOR

I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying this phone. In fact, I’ve immersed myself so much in it’s navigation gestures, when I go back to my iPad mini or 12.9, I panic for a second because I can’t remember how to get to the control center or close an app. FaceID is wonderful. Using the home button on older machines is awful. Wireless charging is great.

24. lenard macrumors 6502

25. apolloa macrumors G4

Hmm how difficult is it to use on handed? I do like that with the smaller iPhones.