Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Even though I have large hands- I never could take the size of the plus models and would always return them. The X is a perfect size. Enjoying the improved speakers and the (slightly) wider speaker separation on the tall phone. This might be the 1st phone in years that I use more than 6 months without being tempted by the latest Android!

Reactions: Jetcat3

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Your comment reads as though Apple forced you spend 999 plus, because they broke your 7 Plus!!

I will have to see if I can find one to play with at the weekend. I see a lot of Plus users hailing the smaller size of the X.
Well yeah, it’s called planned obsolescence. Look it up !

Anywho, I’m in love with my X. But I️ am also a techaholic.

So with that being said, I’m patiently waiting for the Razer to come out ! Super stoked !!

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I know people are enjoying aspects of the X

And predictably it’s getting a lot of hate on here too

But is anyone 1000 percent happy with their 1000+ dollar phone?

Thanks

I am. Literally 1000 percent.

I am an iphone user since the beginning, always did the yearly pre-order ritual also. Went from the 5s to the Plus models, never opted for the smaller 6/7/8 as the battery life alone on them kept me away.

I tried the 8 Plus, but didn’t see enough of an advantage over my 7 Plus to keep it for the cost difference.

Now I’ve had my X for a few days and I just don’t want to let it go. It’s hard to describe, but almost everything about it seems so much more usable. The Face ID has been better than Touch ID. I exercise a lot and sweaty hands were always causing my Touch ID to fail. I love the Press to Hold for siri and the double-click for Apple Pay with Face ID, just flawless. The gesture controls without the constant home button clicking is really, really smooth. I’ve never multi-tasked much, but it seems so much better/smoother that I’m doing it all the time now.

I loved my Plus models also, but always felt they were just a teeny bit too big and always felt just a bit cumbersome. The trade off’s were always worth it though, so no big deal really. But there is a combination of things that just make the X infinitely more usable and fluid. It’s a combination of things in how you interact with the phone that is just not there with the Plus models. Down to the new split / control center and notification drag down...just perfect.

Apple seemed to be getting carried away with the Home Button and combining it to do different things. I tried explaining how to use the home button to a Windows Phone switcher once, click once for this, double click for that, but double click is different from the lock screen, triple click for this, press and hold for that, lightly tough (don’t press) for this. Really? Give me a break.

I do miss the extra screen space of my plus, I will miss a bit of battery life but benefits of the X are just leagues above in my opinion, not from a spec perspective but from a usability perspective.

Reactions: thadoggfather

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I believe this is the best iPhone Apple have ever released. I love everything about it. The phone also feels very premium in the hand (I don’t use a use).

Of the 17 Apple products I’ve purchased (8 iPhones, 4 iPads, 2 Apple Watches, 2 Macs and 1 Apple TV) this is my favourite.

Reactions: thadoggfather
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.