Is anyone not excited about the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slash?, May 17, 2014.

1. Slash? macrumors newbie

I took a deep breath this morning and realized - why do I even care about getting the 6?

If you really think about it and take into consideration the power of the current 5S, the only noticeable improvement will be the bigger screen, and even that you will get used to within a month.

The display will be better, but in comparison to the current Retina on the 5S it's not going to be groundbreaking. Speed differences will be barely noticeable. The camera on the 5S is fine the way it is. Same old operating system and feel will be there still.

For the first time I'm not excited about the new iPhone - I can't shake of this feeling of "same old, same old". Anyone else?

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

A lot of people would probably say that about when the 5 was going to come out and replace the 4S. Bigger screen, faster processor. I suppose LTE for a lot of carriers.

I'm not that excited for the 6 with all the hype about bigger screens. I like the size my 5 is currently. I don't like the bigger phones, and a 5s or worse, 5c is little to no upgrade for me. The 5c has grown on me, but it's not an upgrade at all.

3. I7guy macrumors G5

I'm excited about iOS 8. I'll reserve judgement on the 6 until there is something to be excited about.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It's hard to be excited about something you have no idea in.

5. Slash? thread starter macrumors newbie

You don't really think iOS 8 will be anything other than a few minor tweaks to the interface do you? (similar to the differences between iOS 5 and 6)

The iOS 7 theme is here to stay until at least iOS 9.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

I think IOS 8 will be IOS 7 with a bunch of cool updates and a lot of little nits ironed out.

7. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

8. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

What do you want your cell phone to do? Wash, fold and iron your clothes? Do your other house hold chores? You think the Galaxy S5 is somehow radically different than the S4 or the S3? Smartphone technology in general has plateaued. It is not just Apple. It is only going to be incremental improvements for the foreseeable future. You better get used to it, or you will also be disappointed with the iPhone 7, 8, 9.....etc.

9. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Since you currently have an Iphone 5s; its understandable that you are not too excited. However, those of us on iPhone 5, 4s and earlier will be looking forward to this update.

10. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Less excited since getting an S5.

Let's just wait and see what iOS 8 and iPhone 6 offer.

11. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Battery Life

Battery life will be the deal breaker for me. I need a phone that lasts a bit longer with Internet usage. If Apple doesn't offer it to me, I will likely jump ship.

12. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Not excited at all. I sold my 5S for a LG G2 and very happy with it.

13. Ann P macrumors 68020

14. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The i5 and 5S were a letdown really, but the i6 with a much larger screen and more RAM will be the biggest change to iPhones in years. I'm quite excited about it, unless the aesthetics are bad.

15. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really not seeing the benefit on a bigger screen. For THAT reason, I'm not excited about the iPhone 6.

I have big hands and big fingers, and even then, holding a Samsung Galaxy S4 or S5 in my hands seems like a device that's too big for no good reason.

16. zipa macrumors 65816

All the rumors are so far pointing towards a rather underwhelming product. Or the phone itself might be nice (if they get rid of the damn bezels), but iOS is becoming such a stagnated blast from the past that I'm seriously considering abandoning ship.

17. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I always upgrade every year but my excitement decreases each year for Apple. I've only owned one iPhone (5s) and the wow factor faded pretty quick after 2 weeks of ownership. The problem was not the hardware; it was the OS. Felt like I was limited in what I could do especially if you compare it to Android. So while I know the iPhone 6 hardware will be fine I just can't get pass the idea of owning a iOS device.
    Don't get me wrong; I'm excited because I'm a hardware geek but I'm not excited about owning one. Just don't think I could live without sideloading apps without hacking my phone plus many other reasons too many to list here.
    I visit here because I'm a gadget geek; not as a blind fanboi.

18. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I don't think I've ever been excited by a mobile phone.

I like my daughter's 4s and my wife's 5c but I've got absolutely no compelling reason or overriding desire to move from my 3GS. At least part of my attachment to the 3GS is its size. If the 6 is significantly bigger than the 5c then I think I'll be looking for a 5[x] rather than a 6, if/when the 3GS dies.

19. imanidiot macrumors 6502a

20. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I feel like it's going to be just like the iPhone 4s on iOS 5. Small software improvements, and even smaller hardware improvements. Wait that was the 5s

21. old-wiz macrumors G3

I don't get excited about something that we've only heard/seen rumors about. once it is released it may become exciting

22. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

To who? No one is going to offer a better battery.

23. nox5 macrumors 6502

I don't think I want to carry big phone in my pocket
    unless big screen is edge to edge so the phone is small I don't want it

24. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Already being on an iPhone 5s I find myself less excited then I would be. The A8 chip can truly only offer more battery life. The speed of the 5s is already excellent.

I'm not so concerned with a bigger screen. What I want is longer battery life and more RAM. If I get that with the 6 I will finally use my upgrade.

25. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

This is probably the least excited I have ever been for a new iPhone.

I understand why some people want a bigger screen, but don't want to lose the choice of having a smaller model with the latest features. Since I have a 5s I wouldn't necessarily be looking to upgrade this year anyway, but when I do I'm not looking forward to a large form factor as my only iPhone option.