is apple pissing anyone else off?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happle, Nov 19, 2011.

1. happle, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

happle macrumors 6502a

apple is really beginning to ***** me off, big time. i just dont like where they are heading, and what customers they value. they seem to have forgotten us pro users and are making critical decisions just to support the general public.

the pro line is named pro for a reason and they seem to be forgetting that. i think the MBA is nice for the general public but lets keep the pro as pro as possible. id like to see the same MBP design with better cooling, more features/ports, and better performance. but no they're going to make a thinner pro that runs blazing hot.that and they're pretty much ditching the mac pro line all together.

also how there trying to implement ios stuff into OSX. i dont want that bloated **** on my OS, i want more flexibility, performance, and simplicity.

if any other laptop could compare the the MBP i would get it, but for now im going to buy a new MBP. but i tell you what im building a killer desktop PC soon. so much more bang for buck and then ill have the best of both worlds.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Guess I am the general public, cause I love my Air
    Gave up my 17" MBP and have yet to find anything my Air can't do for me

Nope, not bothered by Apple's direction in their products
    I have the iPhone 4S, iPad and more and they perform well for me

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Actually the pro line is named the pro line because the marketing people thought it would sell more. It has nothing to do with anything else except for marketing.

5. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

And you base this grandiose conclusion on . . . what? Were you privy to the decision making within Apple re naming the Macbook Pro?

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

You're the only one. Go build your desktop! You're not forced to buy an apple product, there are enough good laptops on the market.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try "seeing the obvious."

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

You sound arrogant and ill educated.

9. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

(insert sarcasm here) yay another rent thread i love these....

10. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i still love my mac and theres nothing else better on the market, im just not happy with where apple is going. they could do so much better.

and i will build my pc and also run osx and windows on it. then ill have a 15" MBP and a killer hackintosh/pc that i can upgrade more flexible and save money.

will def stick with the MBP for the laptop though.

but im sure many people agree with me. especially those who produce music like me or anything of that nature.

11. altecXP macrumors 65816

No, he really doesn't.

They killed the Xserve, Final Cut X is a POS no one that does heavy video wants, and there is rumor of killing the Mac Pro. Which the iMac is NOT a good replacement for if you do lots of video work.

I work at a 40,000 person company that does a lot of video work and uses XServes and Mac Pros for their editing. The video teams have already cried they don't want the new Final Cut, when the XServes go our of warranty and unsupported they will be replaced with Windows Servers, and when the Mac pros die they will probably be replaced with PC workstations.

Also only selling 27in displays means we cant buy them as your average company desk cant fit an iMac and a 27in display, so we are using Mac Pros and two 23in displays. If the Mac pro is discontinued then we will be getting iMacs instead of Pros to go with a 23in display. That's a lot less per machine that Apple will be getting from us.

Apple is pushing themselves out of the corporate professional market.

12. SandyBridge420 macrumors newbie

I see where you coming from and agree.

13. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I can't comment on Final Cut as I don't really work with it on a professional level, however what about replacing these Xserves with Mac Pro Servers, would they be on par or stronger than those xserves?

14. altecXP macrumors 65816

I can't hang them in my rack, and it would require purchasing another rack to fit them, I have two XServes in the space of less than 1 Mac pro. Heck my 2 raids are barely bigger than 1 Mac Pro and hold a lot more redundant storage.

Mac Pro servers are great for a small biz IMO, but not for big ones.

15. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I actually agree with this somewhat. I agree that Lion is bringing iOS features to the desktop OS that I personally feel should be left out. But that's why I never upgraded to Lion. I think you'll find that your new MacBook Pro is very nice and is indeed a pro machine especially the 15" models and up. As for the Mac Pro debate... I bought mine earlier this year and it is still top of the line and works exceptionally well. People who complain about the Mac Pro are forgetting that Apple still hasn't changed anything about it (not a bad thing since new chips aren't available) and that everybody is just getting furious over rumors.

16. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Well, the thing is that a Mac Pro Server isn't a server. It's a Mac Pro running server software, but a server often includes a specific form factor (which the xserve had). The Mac Pro Server might work for them, if they put it in a room and left it there, but chances are they have a server room, maintained by an large team, and their server needs to fit in their server rack space.

OP: I agree that the direction Apple is going in isn't a good one. I've been disappointed with them ever since they released the Macbook Pro that looked like a crappy HP knockoff. That's also about the time they started targeting the consumer market. Since then it's gotten worse and worse, with the iOSification of OS X, and now their software seems to have more bugs than normal.

Just about the only Apple product I do like anymore is the Macbook Air, but since Intel created that fund to make Ultrabooks, I'd rather get one from HP or Toshiba. It's funny because when I got my Macbook Pro in 2007, I was 110% pro-Apple, and it's gone downhill so far since then. My girlfriend just got an iPhone so I've had a lot of time to really get to know iOS 5, and my god... is it really that bad? I know a lot of people love their iPhone, and it looks amazing - almost lickable like Aqua used to be, but the amount of trouble she's had just saving a contact is laughable, until you realize she's serious. I just... I just don't get Apple anymore.

I switched back to a PC full time after the Final Cut Pro(sumer) X fiasco, and Apple hasn't really given me a reason to go back. It's a sad contrast to a few years ago, and yes I too wonder what direction Apple is going in. Just about the only path I can guess Apple is following is simply chasing more and more money.

17. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Apple never really was a big player in the "corporate professional market" in the first place.

18. mark28 macrumors 68000

28nm GPU + 22 nm CPU = way less heat then the 2011 MBP. So Apple can make the 2012 Macbook Pro's alot thinner without getting too hot ;)

19. szolr macrumors 6502

I might observe that the Pro design has not been changed yet and the Mac Pro has not been killed off. I might also add that if you look at some different rumours you'd see that the Mac Pro will be getting the latest Sandy Bridge architecture all too soon and will be a beast of a machine. The delay in release is owing to Intel's incompetencies.

But frankly, if you choose to listen to only 1 side of the rumour mill and are gullible enough to believe it all, you deserve to be "****ed off".

20. mark28 macrumors 68000

Linux is even beating OS X in the corporate professional markets.

I only find a large presence of Mac's in music and video studio's.

21. altecXP macrumors 65816

They were/are in the Design/Video departments.

22. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Which doesn't come close to being a significant part of the "corporate professional market".

23. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Well.... It is kinda. If you realize it or not the MP is really just an Intel server M'board in a big honking case. It's really not very special. Now as to the form factor, yeah, it's not a 1U xServe, but there are tower servers that rival it in size.

We've killed our MP's at work for a single big honking 32 core Windows 2008 server (2U) running FlipFactory to offload all the transcoding. Desktops now are iMacs - and then only where the job requires a Mac.

24. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

So what's the point of this forum tantrum? We can't do anything for you.

25. altecXP macrumors 65816

Really? because with out the design/video department my company wouldn't exist. nor would any other advertising or video company.

I consider the production part of a business to be one of the most important.