Is Beta 2 less stable than Beta 1?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by EJ8, Jun 25, 2013.

1. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

This thing is a mess. I've had every beta for the last 3 iOS's and this particular one is by far the worst. And the only time I've ever considered going back to the public OS.

-iMessage is jumbling texts together when texting (not iMessaging). I can't see what I sent and can't see what they typed. But if I scroll sometimes it unjumbles!
    -I sometimes can't answer incoming calls because the screen is bugging out.
    -I get repeated notifications - over and over every two seconds or so from apps like Google Hangouts, YouMail, Tapatalk, Nextdoor, and others, and won't stop until I kill the app.
    -camera freezes especially in video
    -phone resets at 2x the frequency of Beta 1

For me it's close to unusable. Not complaining, I know its a beta. But this is the place to say WTF right? :D

2. iapplelove macrumors 68030

iapplelove

What device are you running it on? iPhone 5?

My iPad 3 is actually running surprising smooth

Edit.. I also started from a clean install no transferring of old data

3. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

WOW...no problem here. what phone are you on? i'm on an ip5

4. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

Beta 2 is more stable on my iPhone 5 32gb (3gb free) Verizon than beta 1. What are your phone specs.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

6. Northernist macrumors member

In my experience beta 2 has been better than, if not just as good as beta 1. Some bugs were fixed and some new ones popped up, but I haven't had any real bad issues yet.

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

Try doing a clean install without restoring from backup.

8. EJ8 thread starter Suspended

EJ8

well thats good to hear i guess. I'm on iPhone 5. I swear it's really bad. Maybe I will erase the device and restore from a fresh device.

9. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

I'm on iPod touch and I agree with the OP, Beta 2 has wayyyy more crashes than beta 1 and I don't even know WHY. In my reports a lot of them point to SpringBoard and I have restored TWICE, Once from beta 1, and the 2nd from 6.1.3 and none have helped. I've even restored as a completely new iPod touch, and still didn't work everything out.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

My battery life is horrible. But maybe it's because I restored from back up. I'm going back to ios 6 until Beta 3 or 4.

11. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I have it on an iPod Touch as well, and it has been less responsive and quirkier than Beta 1, especially Safari, but it hasn't had major problems yet.

12. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Beta 2 is more stable than B1, but I am having other issues that are annoying, such as iMessage not connecting, Siri is next to useless as it wont connect 80% of the time etc.

Nothing deal breaking, but things that worked well in B1, and stuff I do use a lot. I set mine up as a new phone this time, and think that may have helped with stability as I was getting 10+ resprings a day with Beta 1

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have it on my iPhone 4S, and it does feel more unstable than beta 1. Had multiple crashes today while trying to change wallpaper. Had maybe one crash the entire time I had beta 1.

14. rman726 macrumors 6502

Beta 2 is far more stable and fast than Beta 1 on my iPhone 5. It's crashed once in my two days so far. And there is a lot less performance lag.

15. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Judging from past experiences... how many betas will it takes to get it almost ready.. you know like really minor bugs.. really small ones..:)

BETA 3?.... BETA 4?.... BETA 5?

16. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

More Stable on Iphone 5

NOT STABLE AT ALL ON IPAD 4 ATT 32gig. CRASHES and is not usable. It hangs and is not fluid. I installed it twice thinking i got a bad install. Nope. I would hold out until Ipad beta 3.

17. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Who can say? Here is a cool iOS Version History Chart if you haven't already seen it...

http://willhains.com/iOS-version-history

18. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I find it quicker than beta 1 but it's certainly crashed more and I seem to have some new issues - for example, the camera is constantly crashing and restarting the phone. Apart from that its relatively stable on my 4S. I'm just happen that the overheating seems to have been fixed and the battery drain is slower (if not still a bit fast).

Roll on beta 3 :D

19. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

From my experience beta 2 is more stable . Doesn't crash as often and one thing I notice beta 2 is Instagram friendly lol. No more grey out pictures . Also the transitions are way smoother less lag .

20. Avatarshark macrumors regular

Sometimes beta versions maybe more unstable from the previous version as they add/try new code, tweek and replace/remove old code

21. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I updated from beta 1 and it was very buggy- more so than beta 1. Did a new set up after DFU restore and it works very well now. Try that if u are having issues.

22. EJ8 thread starter Suspended

EJ8

OP here. I did the same - I just did a restore to original state and a clean install (restore) from the downloaded Beta 2 file and the state of my phone is MUCH better. I highly recommend this if you are having issues.

23. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Beta 2 hasn't decreased or increased stability for me. It's the same.

24. patrikr macrumors member

Same for me, like beta 2 better than beta 1, definitely smoother and less laggy for me.

25. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603