Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
It's worse for me. Lots more crashing and overall frustration. I share the op's feeling about having to go back to ios 6 as the inconveniences with beta 2 are far worse than 1 was

knapperbot

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
On my iPhone 5 ...

I have had Beta 1 since the day of release, and updated to Beta 2 upon release as well. I have found Beta 2 to be significantly more stable. Less App crashing and, so far, no restarts.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Neither version is stable, I gave up on it and just decided to wait till the GM release.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
This thing is a mess. I've had every beta for the last 3 iOS's and this particular one is by far the worst. And the only time I've ever considered going back to the public OS.

-iMessage is jumbling texts together when texting (not iMessaging). I can't see what I sent and can't see what they typed. But if I scroll sometimes it unjumbles!
-I sometimes can't answer incoming calls because the screen is bugging out.
-I get repeated notifications - over and over every two seconds or so from apps like Google Hangouts, YouMail, Tapatalk, Nextdoor, and others, and won't stop until I kill the app.
-camera freezes especially in video
-phone resets at 2x the frequency of Beta 1

For me it's close to unusable. Not complaining, I know its a beta. But this is the place to say WTF right? :D

Restore as NEW and I guarantee you all you issues will go away.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Beta 2 is a lot smoother, less choppy, more very obvious bugs fixed. However, they introduced some more bugs which are a little annoying and it appears to SpringBoard crash more.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Seems like... The number of crashing apps and springboard reboots have increased... For me atleast..

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
Armen is correct.

Install new with no restore, make sure to also Reset All Settings to wipe out ghosted preferences.

You'll be stunned, beta 2 is excellent. :)

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Just installed beta 2 on my iPad and already I could tell it was a bit laggy and my springboard crashed when swiping through the multitasking. I'm running the dynamic wallpaper though, so maybe that took away some of the RAM.

Oh and a note, I upgraded my iOS 6, not doing a restore as new.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Less stable for some, more stable for others, and about the same for the rest. Not sure if that really would tell anyone much one way or another, but that's basically the reality.

sird28

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
iPad Screen

Here is my iPad IOS 7 Screen the cuben wallpapers look nice with the transparent layers.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 81

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Alright, glad to see other 4S user are having the same issues. I honestly, had no problems with beta 1.. very stable in my opinion. This ones almost unusable, crashing like crazy. Yes, im aware its a beta.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Nov 6, 2012
On my 4S there's definitely more problems. My phone is practically unusable... although, as someone else pointed out, the animations are smoother now :rolleyes:

Miamifan1354

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Just my .02

iPhone 5, AT&T, LTE in most areas.

Seems more stable, and battery is improved. Lock screen and notification center still leave a lot to be desired.

Turning off parallax backgrounds seems to have helped a lot with both stability and battery life. I was getting constant jumping of the back ground, and that would tend to trigger a crash. Since I've turned it off, everything seems to be working much more smoothly. Parallax is a gimmick, and something I can certainly live without.

Currently have 2h 30m usage and 10h 45m standby with 56% battery life remaining. It's been a pretty typical day of usage for me, and I feel like this is more remaining battery life than iOS 6.1.

I've also turned off auto updating apps. Not sure if it made any difference, but I want to still control that at this point.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Nov 6, 2012
Just my .02

iPhone 5, AT&T, LTE in most areas.

Seems more stable, and battery is improved. Lock screen and notification center still leave a lot to be desired.

Turning off parallax backgrounds seems to have helped a lot with both stability and battery life. I was getting constant jumping of the back ground, and that would tend to trigger a crash. Since I've turned it off, everything seems to be working much more smoothly. Parallax is a gimmick, and something I can certainly live without.

Currently have 2h 30m usage and 10h 45m standby with 56% battery life remaining. It's been a pretty typical day of usage for me, and I feel like this is more remaining battery life than iOS 6.1.

I've also turned off auto updating apps. Not sure if it made any difference, but I want to still control that at this point.

Ooh! You can turn off the parallaxing? How do you do that?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I don't think it's less stable, but it just has glitches in different areas than beta 1. The battery life seems to be immensely improved, but the status bar is having issues for me.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
More Stable on Iphone 5

NOT STABLE AT ALL ON IPAD 4 ATT 32gig. CRASHES and is not usable. It hangs and is not fluid. I installed it twice thinking i got a bad install. Nope. I would hold out until Ipad beta 3.

Running rock solid on my iPad 4. Didn't even do a fresh install, just an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.