Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is Family Guy funny or annoying?

• Family Guy is funny. A virtual caravan of comedy!

Votes: 103 54.8%
  • Family Guy is annoying. I'd rather porcupines crawl in my undies!

Votes: 35 18.6%
  • Both

Votes: 50 26.6%

• Total voters

DigiCatRedux

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2008
Somewhere in New England, USA.
I'm voting Both - although I will say I find the funny usually outweighs the lame or "obviously trying too hard" most of the time. Mostly.
When it's good, it's hilarious - but some of the gags are beginning to feel a bit dated.

saxman

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2004
Both for me. Although I don't appreciate the crude humor that seems to be more and more prevalent. One of the few shows that can really make me laugh out loud occasionally

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Last night's episode...NOT funny. Good god was that stupid. I was ready to turn it off after the first five minutes but kept watching anyway.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I loved the first couple of seasons. The satire seemed sharper, I guess because the show was fresh.

Now it just seems a bit tired I guess.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
I loved that show but I saw a South Park (two, actually) episode that made fun of it and it began to get annoying. In South Park they made fun of how much they change scenes for flashbacks and hypothetical situations...which is what started to annoy me. I still find it funny though.

All of the character's voices kill me but I like the characters.

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
At first I didn't quite get it...the randomness of it but after a few episodes I became a fan. I'm not a super huge fan as in I won't change my schedule to watch it but if its on I usually watch.

So, I voted for FUNNY.

jamesi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2005
Davis CA
no, the show is not funny to me at all. give me a break, they have jokes that arent ever derived from the plot. basically, they start with "remember that one time ...." and add some "hilarious" activity with some pop references to actor/actress that the writers saw on tv as kids.

and its not like im doing some massive analysis on a cartoon, after all, the simpsons in the 90s showed that animated shows can have some real merit.

either way, i think family guy is attractive to youngins and gradually your tastes mature

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Last night's episode...NOT funny. Good god was that stupid. I was ready to turn it off after the first five minutes but kept watching anyway.

The Surfing Bird gag went on for way, way, wayyyyy too long, that seemed like half the episode on its own. but I love the show, it's much funnier than Simpsons. I don't understand the Simpsons anymore.. they seem to base everything in an episode around some celebrity showing up on the show now, it's annoying

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Family Guy is funny as hell. It has this kind of non-sense out-of-nowhere kinda jokes which I love. If you want classic humor (which I find boring and uncreative) watch the Simpsons.

"The Bird is the word" episode was incredible :D

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
the "there seems to be some news missing in this newspaper...a certain ornithological piece. news about a certain avian variety" scene simply was too awesome

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Looks like they're trying to make another rickroll meme it seems :D before I saw the new episode I had a few games on TF2 and one of the regulars played the Bird song. loved them 2 new episodes. Also watched them 2 American Dad ones - not so good.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Family Guy is crap. South Park is so much better. I think sometimes in fact South Park is a little too high brow for Family Guy watchers to find it funny.

South Park is without a doubt the most underrated show in history.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I voted annoying.

Initially, I really like it, but then the novelty wore off and the formula came full force..

Like the time I [insert random quasi-funny, quasi-strange experience here].

Plus, I'm tired of them making fun of Rhode Island. It's pronounced "Puhtucket", not "Pawtuckette".

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I don't like the role Stewie is taking now. I liked him more as an evil baby genius.

The Family Guy movie is supposed to be raunchy though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.